Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS3, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #641
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
I know most people are concerned about the no huddle glitch, but I thought I would share this little tidbit for the others including myself who have posted about ridiculous interceptions that we've been seeing. I went and looked at my rosters again. I was using Buckeye & Gatorbait's rosters for PS3, and it looked like the tendencies were still jacked up. So, this is what I did.

1. Deleted the game completely and all saved files.
2. Reinstalled, patched and loaded the tuner.
3. Downloaded luvtotha9's rosters since he has uploaded a post-patch version.

The difference is startling. I can actually play the passing game. It's still way harder than last year. Comeback routes used to be money last season when you were struggling and needed a quick 10 yards. This year, they might as well not even be in the game since it's a guaranteed pick. The DBs never bite. Also, so many passes get tipped this year. It's like DBs and LBs never make a mistake in coverage even on teams with poor defensive personnel. However, I'm not seeing DBs double their speed to run in front of receivers on post routes anymore. I can actually execute a slant route pass. So, there is hope after all.
I agree completely. I'm playing my first game in a LONG time because I didn't want to pick the game back up until after the patch was released, but I can tell that the passing game is different. And from what I can tell it's different in a good way. I'm loving the game so far. Still too early to get too excited though. EA's let me down like this before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #642
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS3, Post Impressions Here

I'm feeling like this game is one patch and maybe another tuner away from being a good game. As I'm thinking about it, weren't there three patches last year? I know there were definitely more tuner updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAUgrad
I agree completely. I'm playing my first game in a LONG time because I didn't want to pick the game back up until after the patch was released, but I can tell that the passing game is different. And from what I can tell it's different in a good way. I'm loving the game so far. Still too early to get too excited though. EA's let me down like this before.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #643
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

Quote:
I'm feeling like this game is one patch and maybe another tuner away from being a good game. As I'm thinking about it, weren't there three patches last year? I know there were definitely more tuner updates.
Do we know what the tuner update actually tuned? I think I read somewhere on OS that the notes hadn't been released yet, but I'm not sure how long ago that had been posted.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #644
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Yes, it was basically all about progression in dynasty mode. Players and coaches were progressing far too quickly. The took that down a notch.

Quote:
Do we know what the tuner update actually tuned? I think I read somewhere on OS that the notes hadn't been released yet, but I'm not sure how long ago that had been posted.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #645
Rookie

FutureAUgrad's Arena

Quote:
Yes, it was basically all about progression in dynasty mode. Players and coaches were progressing far too quickly. The took that down a notch.
I hope they didn't hinder the players' progression TOO much. The overalls' of players were a little on the high side this year, but I didn't think it was too extreme. A universal 3-5 overall shift downward with a mixture of strong recruiting classes and weak ones would suit me just fine. I didn't like the abnormally low ratings of NCAA '11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #646
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

No idea, honestly. The gameplay before was so frustrating I never got past a single season in a dynasty. Those who had gone 3-4 seasons deep were saying that there were far to many 99 rated players and that all the coaches were ending up with really high prestige ratings because offensive and defensive coaches on good teams would get their prestige built up really high and lesser teams would hire them as head coaches. Pretty soon, all the head coaches had top tier prestige. Only time will tell as I get some years in on this dynasty I just started.

Quote:
I hope they didn't hinder the players' progression TOO much. The overalls' of players were a little on the high side this year, but I didn't think it was too extreme. A universal 3-5 overall shift downward with a mixture of strong recruiting classes and weak ones would suit me just fine. I didn't like the abnormally low ratings of NCAA '11.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #647
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Incidentally, NCAA 2011 suffered from the opposite problem. In the early releases, players did not progress enough. After a number of patches and tuner updates they got that straightened away. I think for me that's what is the most perplexing thing about year to year releases. It seemed like after all the patches and tuners last year, they had gameplay down pretty well and progression working as it should. So, how do you break that so badly in the next release when you really didn't have any new features in those areas of the game. I don't really get it. It's like every year we start from square one with the first release facing similar issues and waiting for them to get resolved again.

Quote:
No idea, honestly. The gameplay before was so frustrating I never got past a single season in a dynasty. Those who had gone 3-4 seasons deep were saying that there were far to many 99 rated players and that all the coaches were ending up with really high prestige ratings because offensive and defensive coaches on good teams would get their prestige built up really high and lesser teams would hire them as head coaches. Pretty soon, all the head coaches had top tier prestige. Only time will tell as I get some years in on this dynasty I just started.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #648
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
I'm sure the patch has addressed some things that were important to many, but serious gameplay flaws have not been touched and that's the most important things in any sports game.

Psychic db's are still large and in charge. I'm extremely disappointed in NCAA this year.

It's time to ship this game out to some lucky bargain shopper on Amazon.

EA. Please go back to basics. Gameplay. Gameplay. Gameplay.

I really want to buy this game in the future years, but no more polish, bells, and whistles.

Gameplay. Just get it right. Then I'll come back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »