Home

NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #345
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time

No one in football has bullet time either.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #346
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
What's this about "special moves" I keep reading people suggesting should be in the game? Last I saw, no one in football has "Special Moves".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I assume they mean signature moves or animations. Something that makes Barry Sanders play different than the other thousand running backs.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #347
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
What's this about "special moves" I keep reading people suggesting should be in the game? Last I saw, no one in football has "Special Moves".

You're kidding, right?

You might benefit from a quick browse of YouTube for some of the players on that list. Barry Sanders is one of the most agile running backs in the history of football, he changed direction before you knew what happened. A style of running EA doesn't have in its game. Herschel Walker ran people over like it was a demolition derby and kept on trucking. When was the last time you ran someone over flat in an EA game?

What made the guys on that list ELITE is the very special skills they brought to the game of football. If you can't replicate that, what's the point?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #348
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
You're kidding, right?

You might benefit from a quick browse of YouTube for some of the players on that list. Barry Sanders is one of the most agile running backs in the history of football, he changed direction before you knew what happened. A style of running EA doesn't have in its game. Herschel Walker ran people over like it was a demolition derby and kept on trucking. When was the last time you ran someone over flat in an EA game?

What made the guys on that list ELITE is the very special skills they brought to the game of football. If you can't replicate that, what's the point?
Yes but did he have a "Special move"? No. You don't make players special by giving them unrealistic unstoppable "special moves". It's been done in a basketball game and is pretty much broken, as in it can be done every time without fail (you can search some YouTube vids on that as well).

Barry was a great running back due to his crazy agility and acceleration and most important of all.. low center of gravity and ability to get his hips above a tackle attempt which caused him so bounce off.

Giving him some silly undefendable juke or spin does not do anything positive.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #349
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yes but did he have a "Special move"? No. You don't make players special by giving them unrealistic unstoppable "special moves". It's been done in a basketball game and is pretty much broken, as in it can be done every time without fail (you can search some YouTube vids on that as well).

Barry was a great running back due to his crazy agility and acceleration and most important of all.. low center of gravity and ability to get his hips above a tackle attempt which caused him so bounce off.

I'd say giving him an undefendable juke/spin is better than giving him bullet time and a overall player rating above 100.

One on one, his footwork was virtually undefendable.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #350
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
I would be fine with this mode if Barry Sanders ran the ball like Barry. Nasty juke moves and all out elusiveness. I'm not a big fan of APF, but those player specific animations were crazy. That's the way EA should've approached this mode, IMO.

But as it stands, I won't be touching this mode. It's nothing here for a longtime fan of of the franchise. I'm not going to complain too much, because this generation of EA football games (in the terms of bringing something new to the table) has been disappointing to say the least.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #351
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Couple of key differences though - Michael Jordan is immortalized, and pretty much anyone who ever played basketball wanted the experience to 'be like Mike'.

As they admitted in the webcast, a lot of the people playing the game think Desmond Howard is just some guy on College Gameday.

The only one that even intrigues me a little bit to play as is Barry Sanders...buuuuuut (and it's a huge but)....he doesn't play like Barry Sanders!

NBA 2K captured Jordan's mannerisms, moves, etc almost perfectly. There were times I played that mode and I was like wow, I remember the game that Jordan did that move.

Barry Sanders isn't going to be low to the ground, shifty, and making the most ridiculous juke moves you've ever seen. He's going to play like a cheese version of any other running back in NCAA Football 13.

NBA 2K had great dynasty and gameplay before they need to 'shake things up' with a mode like the Jordan Challenges.

NCAA still has a lot of work to do in those areas so it's frustrating to see them create a mode like this now, and then to not implement in a way that it doesn't feel like a modified version of RTG (which it is). I just feel like this development time could have been better used elsewhere.
couldn agree more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #352
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Do you make them special by placing them in The Matrix and allowing them to stop time to have super human vision?

All those things you listed are signature to Barry Sanders, they are who he is. That ability to get low, explode from the hips and change direction at a speed foreign to 99 out of every 100 running backs in football.

The problem here is that Barry Sanders will run like Montee Ball who will run like Marcus Lattimore who will run like Rex Burkhead who will run like the running back on Directional State Technical Institute. Everyone runs and looks the same.

This mode is essentially boosting a generic player model to 99 in every rating, slapping a name on his back and that's it. Oh, and the Matrix camera.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »