Home

NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #409
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 13 Heisman Challenge Webcast Introduces Reaction Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
This isn't the fix needed for RTG. The problem is that there is no life to the mode, 2K tried to fix this by adding a reason for salary (which obviously wouldn't transition to NCAA) and press conferences (which also wouldn't be the best transition but possible).

Some things they could add is maybe a weekly practice session that is a random minigame, anything from sprints, to bench press, to 7 on 7 or 11 on 11. The possibilities are endless, the everyday thing is too much though, once a week means the possibility is there, just mindless scrimmages though are pointless. The practice mode being the actual practice is lame.

Doing something with classes like they did with last generation so that you HAD to answer a few questions or something to bounce your GPA around, earning things like academic all-american could boost your awareness.

Make your stats improve on a usage basis instead of the stat boost packs that make it possible to be a 99 OVR freshman. If you throw deep alot your arm strength will improve, juke a lot? you'll get better at it. To give you a focal point to improve your player with in game performance, which ultimately retains control in the player.

Goals from your coach, this wouldn't mean (score 50 touchdowns) but could mean something small, if your a DT it could be something like dont be pancaked, fill the hole, intimidate the lineman, etc. Again a wide variety of possibilities.

It's a dry mode, it's not exciting, it's not fun, and adding a choice of character will only help drag out a dead mode for a little longer.

It's just boring. Sorry to complain about RTG in the heisman mode discussion but it's essentially a last ditch attempt to bring life to the mode (Yes I realize there are differences).
I fully agree.

RTG needs more depth than anything else. I liked doing drills in last gen and the drills in NBA2k. Bringing back the drills would add alittle depth. I would like if they add the Mock Draft to RTG/
I actually didnt mind doing the tests Last Gen. I actually studied for it and kept a 4.0 avg in t he game.

But before they do anything, they HAVE to add Custom Quarter Lengths. I cant stand only playing 5 min quarters
Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #410
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
^no they haven't and I would very much like them to, but I think the community as whole wouldn't be happy if that turned out to be the big announcement
I'd run naked through the cyber hallways of OS if that were the case. But yeah, most would probably greet that announcement with a resounding BOOOO, unless it was attached to more dynamic scheduling or included changing dynasty teams in and out even after you start your dynasty.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #411
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutygurfan
Originally, when I saw this mode, I thought they just wasted time creating 99 rated players and putting them on the field.

Now after watching the video, I realize JUST how much time and resources they have wasted on this mode. It seems collosal.

I'm speechless, and dissapointed with these gimmicks. Sorry for the rant.
join the club man...join the friggin club..not only could we create these players by ourselves already but we could also create their whole teams from these eras if we wanted too..they didnt add any old-school equipment or uniforms so basically the only thing they did was use their "gameface", conducted a couple interviews, and called it a day..

the interviews alone must take up some disk space..i dont have a problem with wanting to educate on the history or careers of these players but why not put that on a seperate disk.. use that disk space for extended rosters...dynamic sidelines...white out/blackout crowd options etc..etc etc ..i could go on all day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #412
MVP

OVR: 0

side lines really man .......white outs,what.....
Old 06-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #413
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
With the time spent on this waste of space, they could have worked on idk ANYTHING to improve the game. Could have worked on improving OL/DL interactions, run animations, expanded rosters in dynasty, added new equipment for players, corrected the size of the ball, improve sideline models.

All of the above would have been a better use of time than "Bullet Time" this isn't NCAA for the Wii EA!
Different team. This was not the Gameplay team working on this mode. Not that I'm a huge fan of the reaction time or heisman challenge (just for reference).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #414
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
side lines really man .......white outs,what.....
man anything would have been a better use of space than interviews and bullet time
Old 06-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #415
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Different team. This was not the Gameplay team working on this mode. Not that I'm a huge fan of the reaction time or heisman challenge (just for reference).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Yes, but they should've taken that team and put the resources towards something useful that wasn't a gimmick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #416
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Will Amazon have any pre order bonus besides being cheap lol.

Seems just stupid they are pushing this mode to be something big but you only get certain people on the game unless you pre order from GS and such.

I probably won't use this mode but the one person I would use I can't. How many Heisman guys are there anyway in this mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »