Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Keep in mind that unless they recode the saves, we will be able to edit these values through Hex editing to our liking.

Again, if things remain the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #42
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I am concerned about how the "playing time" feature will work. I don't think the game has ever had it correct. How many times do you get a guy who transfers because of playing time when it is clear he will be the starter next year? Way too often.

I've had this problem in recruiting as well and it goes both ways. I'll have a position that I know I need and want, perhaps because of the way I run my system yet when I talk to the guy it shows my playing time pitch as C or D. But the reality is it should be an A or B because of my plans for the recruit. Then I've also had it where I'm stocked at a position and the playing time pitch says A. It has made zero sense all too often before. Is that actually going to be different now? I certainly hope so with the emphasis on it meaning something.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I am concerned about how the "playing time" feature will work. I don't think the game has ever had it correct. How many times do you get a guy who transfers because of playing time when it is clear he will be the starter next year? Way too often.

I've had this problem in recruiting as well and it goes both ways. I'll have a position that I know I need and want, perhaps because of the way I run my system yet when I talk to the guy it shows my playing time pitch as C or D. But the reality is it should be an A or B because of my plans for the recruit. Then I've also had it where I'm stocked at a position and the playing time pitch says A. It has made zero sense all too often before. Is that actually going to be different now? I certainly hope so with the emphasis on it meaning something.
I believe that pitch is based on the ratings of the guys at that position on your depth chart (excluding seniors), and the ratings of other players at that position on your recruit board. So what were the ratings of these guys in your example compared to your depth chart and recruit board?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #44
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Keep in mind that unless they recode the saves, we will be able to edit these values through Hex editing to our liking.

Again, if things remain the same.
Excuse my ignorance but what is hex editing?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Two things I'd like to see, having not yet read the article:

1. Pre-season recruiting, streamlined. So many commits, especially among 4 and 5-star players, happen before the season even begins. It would be a way to get a lot of recruiting done (including getting bodies in "need" positions even if they aren't highly rated) in short time.

2. Quicker recruiting in general. I don't like having the CPU totally in charge of recruiting, but at the same time, it often takes forever to recruit, to the point where it gets boring for me and the others in my dynasty.

Last edited by jeeve; 06-01-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #46
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
I believe that pitch is based on the ratings of the guys at that position on your depth chart (excluding seniors), and the ratings of other players at that position on your recruit board. So what were the ratings of these guys in your example compared to your depth chart and recruit board?
This.

It's also combined requirements based on your playbook. IE. these are the 4-3, multiple, and 3-4 requirements.
Attached Images
File Type: png needs.PNG (2.0 KB, 194 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #47
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
Two things I'd like to see, having not yet read the article:
2. Quicker recruiting in general. I don't like having the CPU totally in charge of recruiting, but at the same time, it often takes forever to recruit, to the point where it gets boring for me and the others in my dynasty.
You really need to read the article.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #48
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't get why only QBs, FB, HB, WR,TE, and Safeties can have 'competitive visits'. If I bring in 3 cornerbacks or 3 linebackers how is that going to have a different effect as bringing in 3 WRs? Great example of EA Sports having a great idea but executing it poorly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »