Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #49
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I don't get why only QBs, FB, HB, WR,TE, and Safeties can have 'competitive visits'. If I bring in 3 cornerbacks or 3 linebackers how is that going to have a different effect as bringing in 3 WRs? Great example of EA Sports having a great idea but executing it poorly.
Pretty par for the course for this gen.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #50
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

So I can't let three recievers visit at the same time even if i'm running the one-back or they'll become rivals but I can bring in 6 tackles and they'll all be best buddies? Now that doesn't make any sense or does it?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #51
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekcian
So I can't let three recievers visit at the same time even if i'm running the one-back or they'll become rivals but I can bring in 6 tackles and they'll all be best buddies? Now that doesn't make any sense or does it?
If you have 6 new tackles I'm pretty sure they all be playing together tho, just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #52
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Khalid is right...if a school's pitch ratings are too high in the game then we would be able to go in and change it. Louisville would be a great example of a good program with a low education grade. Stanford would be A+
Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

As of June 5th, the top 30 college teams in the national recruiting rankings already have an average of 10 commitments on board. Most of these prospects didn't wait for the last visit nor did they care about competitive visits. I applaud EA for incorporating some new concepts, but if they make them bigger than what they really are, we're taking two-steps forward and one back. Many prospects in college football go off the board early and we need to have that in this game if realism is a goal.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #54
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
As of June 5th, the top 30 college teams in the national recruiting rankings already have an average of 10 commitments on board. Most of these prospects didn't wait for the last visit nor did they care about competitive visits. I applaud EA for incorporating some new concepts, but if they make them bigger than what they really are, we're taking two-steps forward and one back. Many prospects in college football go off the board early and we need to have that in this game if realism is a goal.
I agree completely. That is why I think we should have a 5 week recruiting session before the season kind of like they had post season in years past. Teams like Texas and Michigan are already almost done with their classes. This 5 week session would allow you to do a good deal of scouting, offer top prospects and get an idea of who is realistic to go after through the season. This isn't entirely realistic but it's the best thing I can think of to emulate the long off season where a lot of recruiting takes place.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
You make it sound like waiting until the very last moment would be the only way to ever gain commitments in 14, nothing they said so far implied that from what I heard, they still got insta-commits so I'd say it should still be possible to lock up a few players early, some over the course of the season and the rest, including many high-profile prospects that get chased by a lot of schools, drag it out until signing day, doesn't sound so far off to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #56
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
You make it sound like waiting until the very last moment would be the only way to ever gain commitments in 14, nothing they said so far implied that from what I heard, they still got insta-commits so I'd say it should still be possible to lock up a few players early, some over the course of the season and the rest, including many high-profile prospects that get chased by a lot of schools, drag it out until signing day, doesn't sound so far off to me.
yeah exactly and theres even a coach skill which when maxed gives 25% chance of insta-commit when offering scholarships to players who have you ranked #1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »