Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #97
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoyer1994
I was doing this for a while, before I realized that the computer was far more aggressive on 4th down calls than I was. There would be situations in which I'd want to kick a field goal in the red zone, but when I simmed the play, the computer would go for it and most likely fail to convert.
I've had that happen too, but figured that was still better than making 100% of my kicks. Basically I will still kick it if the kick is practically automatic, in attempt to bot let that happen, but I'll watcg a 40+ yarder.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:33 PM   #98
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoyer1994
I was doing this for a while, before I realized that the computer was far more aggressive on 4th down calls than I was. There would be situations in which I'd want to kick a field goal in the red zone, but when I simmed the play, the computer would go for it and most likely fail to convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I've had that happen too, but figured that was still better than making 100% of my kicks. Basically I will still kick it if the kick is practically automatic, in attempt to bot let that happen, but I'll watcg a 40+ yarder.
Before doing that, go to "ask coach." If the plays are FGs, then the CPU will kick. If they're punts, then it'll punt. If it's a normal play, then it'll go for it.

If it's anything other than FGs, then you can just kick it yourself. If it's FGs, then let the CPU have at it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-04-2015, 01:34 AM   #99
Just started!

Instead of restarting, you could just sim to the end of the current season of your dynasty and create your new coach then.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #100
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Running some of these ideas with my army dynasty, plan on staying with them for a few years then moving on, but with Army I made it I can only go for 1 star players starts to get frustrating after a while when the best player you sign is a 57 overall

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Before doing that, go to "ask coach." If the plays are FGs, then the CPU will kick. If they're punts, then it'll punt. If it's a normal play, then it'll go for it.

If it's anything other than FGs, then you can just kick it yourself. If it's FGs, then let the CPU have at it.
Wow, I never realized this! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #102
Just started!

Instead of restarting, you could just sim to the end of the current season of your dynasty and create your new coach then.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #103
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
I am trying to devise recruiting house rules for programs with high academic standards: Stanford, Duke, Rice, Military Academies..ect. Any suggestions?
Only recruit players with high awareness or high play recognition, this kind of means you're smart.

And not to be rude or disrespect anyone's city, but you could look at where the player is from, see if he went to an inner city school or a suburb, and possibly weigh the suburb heavier with a "better school system"

Not saying inner city kids are idiots, just an idea to limit prospects.

Lastly, only recruit players who when you look at their top 3 interests, only recruit players who are A or A+, that way you know they care about grades and academics.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #104
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Only recruit players with high awareness or high play recognition, this kind of means you're smart.
You can't see their AWR until they're on your team and only D guys have PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Lastly, only recruit players who when you look at their top 3 interests, only recruit players who are A or A+, that way you know they care about grades and academics.
This doesn't make much sense but it sounds like you don't have '14. Recruits only have 3 interests now and they have grades for them, now they care about their top 3 as "most" "very high" and "high." Relevant to '14 what you probably mean is "only recruit guys who have academics as 1 of their 3 interests."
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »