Home

FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #201
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
So, the general concenses is dumb down World Class with sliders over boosting Pro with sliders?

This is more tricky to me as on World Class I find teams holding possesion but not creating chances. On Pro they seem attack more and shoot more. They miss a lot on Pro, but against me take more shots. On World Class they miss less but shoot way less...

Has anyone tried boosting Pro? All the sliders I find are dumbing down World Class... A few slider sets I tested made World Class actually easier than Pro just with lower scores because the CPU became possesion nuts and never shot the ball. Maybe it is a guy thing to think higher difficulty dumb down is better than lower difficulty boosted, or maybe it is just better. IDK

I am going to try boosting Pro (when it becomes too easy) as to me the CPU plays more realistic tactics on that level. I can win on World Class now but never score more than a goal and the CPU has never scored more than two against me. To me that is not sim...
The problem with boosting pro has always been that you can't boost the AI's decision making. Not only is the AI more intelligent with how it defends but if you play on Pro you're going to miss out on some pretty intelligent attacking moves by the cpu.

But I do agree that pro is the better balanced difficulty out of the box and just feels much better.

Last edited by mfp; 09-27-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #202
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I've been boosting Pro and so far so good.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 PM   #203
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
So I've been going back and forth and I can't quite decide where I'm going to land.

I agree with you that WC can simply turn into a possession fest with little scoring or pressing forward. I thought I was loving WC with OS sliders until I tested it with two mismatched teams. I was Man City playing against the worst FB1 team I could find. I beat them easily enough but they out possessed me 60/40. It just didn't feel right.

On Pro I find that the CPU defense is way too lax when I'm in their box. I've had cpu marking as high as 75% and still didn't see much of a change. I'll keep testing out Pro but I still think I'm always going to find it too easy regardless of what slider adjustments I make.
The first paragraph is what my problem with WC is. It makes bad teams/players too good. The boosts the AI receives eliminate the feel of being able to boss a game against a team you should be able to. Maybe I'm just not that good, but I got beat 3-0 by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Pro and it felt really organic. When I tried pressing to get a goal, they killed me on the counter. Right now, I started a Sounders MM, and am playing a preseason tourney in Mexico. I beat some low-level team from South America handily, and now I'm playing Santos Laguna, and the skill level/pressing of the opposition is like night and day. I'd rather it be a little on the easy side over every match feeling the same.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #204
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

The weird thing with difficulty is always the wildcard of fut.

And what makes me mad about this is this year, fut can be competitive on semi-pro, pro and wc in ways the normal game modes cannot be.

The cpu will exploit space and attack you more like a human does. The cpu isnt at all methodical to the point of putting you to sleep.

But what do you get instead of constant 10m passes?

Field swaps, incredible accurate silly silly silly field swaps.

I thought the pinpoint to start counter attack cpu goal mouth clearances from previous fifa's were irritating but these new field swaps might take the cake.

Nothing quite like having the cpu pinned against the touchline with their back to the field and they turn back and field swap instantaneously creating a breakout on the far side of the field. And if you recover to shut it down they just field swap again.

The most I have seen them do it is 9 times in a row, after that spell of ridiculousness I got the game box out and checked to see if I bought grand slam tennis 16...
Old 09-28-2015, 01:07 AM   #205
MVP

OVR: 18

So looks like EA turned back on the FIFA 15 trash online with nerfed foul calls.

Sent from my iPhone using
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 04:56 AM   #206
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Do not play World Class at 3:45 AM. Vardy just shredded my leaky back four at their stadium. I lost 2-1, but it wouldn't have been that close if the CPU hadn't taken Rooney down from behind and got a straight red. Still, they ended up scoring a second goal with Darmian losing Vardy for a shot DeGea couldn't quite keep out. I didn't score until a penalty in the 87th minute. Dang, the CPU is brutal. Love it!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-28-2015, 05:41 AM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
The weird thing with difficulty is always the wildcard of fut.

And what makes me mad about this is this year, fut can be competitive on semi-pro, pro and wc in ways the normal game modes cannot be.

The cpu will exploit space and attack you more like a human does. The cpu isnt at all methodical to the point of putting you to sleep.

But what do you get instead of constant 10m passes?

Field swaps, incredible accurate silly silly silly field swaps.

I thought the pinpoint to start counter attack cpu goal mouth clearances from previous fifa's were irritating but these new field swaps might take the cake.

Nothing quite like having the cpu pinned against the touchline with their back to the field and they turn back and field swap instantaneously creating a breakout on the far side of the field. And if you recover to shut it down they just field swap again.

The most I have seen them do it is 9 times in a row, after that spell of ridiculousness I got the game box out and checked to see if I bought grand slam tennis 16...
I have a problem with this too. The CPU's choice and accuracy in making these sort of blind passes ruins the game IMO.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #208
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Do not play World Class at 3:45 AM. Vardy just shredded my leaky back four at their stadium. I lost 2-1, but it wouldn't have been that close if the CPU hadn't taken Rooney down from behind and got a straight red. Still, they ended up scoring a second goal with Darmian losing Vardy for a shot DeGea couldn't quite keep out. I didn't score until a penalty in the 87th minute. Dang, the CPU is brutal. Love it!
Yup, you need to be fresh to play this game on WC difficulty. Arsenal crashed me (Leicester) 1-5 (2-5 was the result on real life last Saturday!). After this defeat my team is torn apart. I have now 4 consecutive losses and I'm really struggling. I think I need to deploy some more conservative tactics or else I'll fight to avoid going down. Cpu AI is impressive imo. It's amazing how thet adapt and respond with tactical changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »