Home

FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC & PS4, Later For Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC & PS4, Later For Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #89
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC Users, Later For PS4 & Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
What's the ETA for consoles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No ETA. Sometime this week probably.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 0

Cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #91
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Nothing about the lack of transfers in manager mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #92
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Matt and I have both posted, somewhat at length, about the changes to gameplay after patch #2.

I think it's comical to assume that he and I are falling prey to "placebo" effects. We also both noticed the same things, including changes to pass speed, AI attack, and defending. It's different. Doesn't matter if you believe us.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #93
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like if they were adding in new real faces, they would put it in the patch notes. If I remember right, they let everyone know when they added them last year. I'd love to be wrong, tho, since I play with United.
#WeAreND
Old 10-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #94
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Matt and I have both posted, somewhat at length, about the changes to gameplay after patch #2.

I think it's comical to assume that he and I are falling prey to "placebo" effects. We also both noticed the same things, including changes to pass speed, AI attack, and defending. It's different. Doesn't matter if you believe us.
Oh I believe you.

I try to write sarcasm into some of my posts but it's difficult to make it come out with the written word.

EA swears no gameplay was changed yet tinkered with the keepers...ummm...perhaps it's this disconnect between what is and what isn't gameplay in fifa, in the minds of the ea devs, that makes the gameplay such a cruel heartless enigma.

We all want the same thing here at OS. A fair game that behaves like a soccer sim, where the cpu doesn't have to cheat to make things equal, where the cpu attacks more organically like a skilled user, where the cpu defense doesn't resort to one cheap tactic after another to deny the user glory.

This game is so close.

But I could still easily list 20 things they could fix in 20 minutes that would make the game sublime.

I guess on the plus side, only the ea forum is moaning about the patch ruining the game.

As long as Fifa 16 keeps moving forward with lessening the ai cheating and smartening up the game we are golden.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #95
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Doesn't matter if you believe us.
Frankly it doesn't matter if anyone believes anyone. Play the game and decide for yourself.

Fact is some are saying nothing changed. Some are saying everything changed. Some are saying it is somewhere in the middle. Some say defensive AI, others say pace changed.

I do not think anyone is lying. More that people play differently on different levels and different sliders and all this makes their experience different. Not placebo effect but more just a different perspective.

I am holding off all opinion until the patch is out for PS4 and I play about twenty matches. For one even though I tried the PC version post patch it was not the same as the PS4 game prepatch. Thus hard to say exactly.

Last edited by SpritePuck; 10-05-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 01:13 AM   #96

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I am holding off all opinion until the patch is out for PS4 and I play about twenty matches.

That's the thing, people need to play a ton over multiple days before talking about changes. A lot of people (myself included) are prone to instant reactions after one or two matches, and then we frame everything after that based on those initial impressions. I know I've sworn I've noticed changes in games from day to day, with or without a patch.

Some people will swear that a game will change on its own as it learns how you play, or they'll see similar dynamic difficulty/scripting, etc. I just think people will convince themselves of things and there's no way to dissuade them. But I digress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »