Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
From video I've watched (need to DL the demo), it seems the defense actually looks pretty close to what I'm looking for.

LIke I said, I didn't mind FIFA 13 except for the defensive pressure/positioning
What are you wanting Matt, better CPU defensive pressure and positioning? Height and Length sliders go a long ways toward achieving that. Maybe not so much in terms of making defensive players smarter, more like getting bodies in front of the goal so as to block shots and clog up the passing lanes. My default User Height and Length sliders are 0; I start each game with these settings because the CPU is always attack-happy at the beginning of the match, and at 0 your teammates will all come back deep to help defend. Works the same more or less for CPU defensive positioning.

And CPU defensive pressure is all about a combo of player aggression ratings and team aggression settings. 70 is about the lowest those ratings and settings should be set for any player or any team IMO.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-10-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Rookie

Bawstun's Arena

OVR: 4

http://www.easports.com/fifa/footbal.../ugc/170323074

Ball goes right through Valdes' leg at 0:01.

Need I say more?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I love it.... Man, just had a match with Man City(me) and Spurs. You cannot spam the sprint anymore. I love how the defense coordinates itself and tries to maintain shape. Ended up losing on penalties. I think I got two good looks the whole match. No more momentum issues with players. Like you guys have said, they really worked on player movement. The players have weight and you have to factor that in when playing D. I overplayed a few guys and got burned. I agree about the high pressure play. Especially in the second half, the CPU was very aggressive. But not superpowered like in 13. It still feels like Fifa. But it feels less scripted. I simply loved the presentation upgrades. I iked how you could chose to change formations from the hub at halftime. Also, there were just a whole lot of presentation/cutscene tweaks. Player models look a whole lot better, IMO. Overall, I was pleasantly shocked at both how good everything looked and how smooth it ran on my system.

I buy Fifa every year, this will be no exception. I know there will be some bells and whistles that NG has, but I could have this for PC and be totally happy. With mods, this can really be a great game. Crowd is already light years ahead of 13. Sound is better in general. Commentary seems to have gotten a freshening up. Overall, I just want to find an Expander and see how this plays with my 10 minute halves. As is, I'm already very impressed. If the gameplay changes to something a little less hectic with longer halves, I'm going to be tickled pink. I can't wait until the full game comes out......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 12

Fifa 14 Initial Demo Impressions

What can I say, FIFA 14 plays like FIFA, my last extensive experience with the series came with FIFA 12 which I felt was a solid game and an improvement from previous installments. I played a bit of the FIFA 13 Demo when it dropped and got to play some lengthy matches thanks to a Demo settings unlocking mod for the PC. That game didn’t really pique my interest enough to warrant a purchase and upon first impression with FIFA 14, I think that the same holds true this year.

It’s not really that it feels bad, in fact there are noticeable refinement to the game which can be seen with the jostling and with the touch on ball. You’ll see a random bad touch from time to time, even when already in possession and on a strait run. The AI of my team mates is a bit sharper too. They’re not totally brainless like they were in FIFA 12 but there’s still a profound sense of “this is a video game”; the immersion still isn’t fully there.

For hardcore fans of FIFA it’s a likely safe purchase but like most titles coming out around this time, thoughts of what Next Gen might bring loom in the backdrop. A comparison of graphical aspects leaves me wanting something more out of FIFA 14. Yes the graphics are a bit sharper, the crowd detail is noticeably better and animations do look tighter. The thing is though, that it’s nothing that makes going back to FIFA 12 feel irrecoverably dated. In fact that sums up my impression of the FIFA 14 demo nicely; I can still go back and play FIFA 12 to get my football fix.

I'll give it a more in depth look once a settings unlocker mod comes out for increased halves. I'll admit that gauging the nuances is tough with 3 minute halves.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #29
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

That's one thing I've really noticed that stands out to me. The ball feels even more free than in Fifa13. There are a lot more bad touches. I also noticed that skill moves have been brought down to a realistic level. I pulled moves that I had done in 13, and actually had the ball get away from me. I liked it. There is also a nice physical element to the game that has been sorely missing. I would get knocked off of the ball but then be able to jostle myself and create a nice battle for possession.

I don't know, it just feels more free, more organic. I did finally get to see the ball in flight my last match. I lobbed a corner in and it actually had some float to it. Kompany jumped and hung in the air. It seemed like they had no air time in 13. He bashed it home, too. It looked and felt very good. I'll grant it's still not fully right. But there are a ton of things they have really worked hard on. I'm really liking it, the more I play. I did end up going on Moddingway and found a file that gave you Balotelli in the arena and 6 minute halves. Totally different game with the extra time.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Al Pacino (soccergaming, not the actor) cl file to increase demo length to 6 min and skip intro; might even be able to change to 10, 15, 20 min, haven't tried that yet:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ki51j6b32u6e52r/cl.ini

Where is the file located for this?

Quote:
Game speed slow
Speed sliders 39
Accel sliders 45

This to me is about perfect, plays a very nice game of simulation-paced football.

This is very nice. It seemed a bit slow at first but I like the speed. Default is crazy fast.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #31
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Pro cam is available yes. I created my own pro cam mod (only cam I ever use) that allows you to zoom in closer. If interested, create a cl .ini file with the following values in it, and place in the main game folder:

PRO_CAM_ZOOM_MAX = 100
PRO_CAM_ZOOM_MIN = 0.025

There's a Manchester City team in the game. Aren't they like the same thing only blue?

Nevermind, I didn't see that you had to create the file.

Thanks

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #32
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

I've figured out what I think they've finally fixed that has me really loving this. They made it where you have to first have to gain control and then make a move. Last year it was all basically one move and ended up with an unrealistic amount of ball control. Now it seems like only the Messi's of the game can do that. It just feels so much more realistic. Also, I opened the time mod in notepad and set halves to 10 minutes. It feels just right. Great pacing and flow to the match. The CPU didn't ever go into hectic mode. I beat PSG with Man City 4-0 and it was all on great shots. I even had Clichy score on a knifing run from the left side of the box. I'm really starting to love the weight of the ball on shots. The shots look more realistic. Too many shots in 12 where screamers. Can't wait for the full game.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »