Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #25
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Same old psychic CPU players when you try to get the ball off them.
I do like the slower pace this year, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's tough to tell in such a short amount of time, the games are so intense they just sort of fly by. One thing I can tell you is this: Playing against Barcelona was NOT I repeat NOT like playing against NY Red Bulls LOL. They held the ball nearly the entire half, just slinging it around the box as they looked to carve me up(3 goals first half), I felt helpless trying to stop them. In the second half I had to pack the box just to not get raped, I felt a sense of accomplishment not conceding in the 2nd 45.
That's awesome. I've only played one game, I was Tottenham and I played Man City, two fairly evenly matched teams. Now I want to be the Red Bulls and play Barcelona just to see how hard it is.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Wow. I love it! Had a blast playing (PS3).

It looks so much more clean than '13 and prior versions.

I saw so many more runs by the CPU and alot more jostling.

I was planning on skipping '14 but I now want it for the PS4.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Wow. I love it! Had a blast playing (PS3).

It looks so much more clean than '13 and prior versions.

I saw so many more runs by the CPU and alot more jostling.

I was planning on skipping '14 but I now want it for the PS4.
Yeah the CPU play was a lot better. When I played Silva made an area pass on a perfect run by Dzeko who sent in a cross that Aguero put in. That never would've happened in '13.

Corners seem to be much more realistic this year as well. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but you can't just easily move around a player to intercept a header, at least in my one game experience.

Also love how you can't dribble like was mentioned earlier. '13 you could dribble with one player the whole half if you wanted to, you need to get rid of the ball once you're in traffic or you're going to lose it.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwi7
Yeah the CPU play was a lot better. When I played Silva made an area pass on a perfect run by Dzeko who sent in a cross that Aguero put in. That never would've happened in '13.

Corners seem to be much more realistic this year as well. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but you can't just easily move around a player to intercept a header, at least in my one game experience.

Also love how you can't dribble like was mentioned earlier. '13 you could dribble with one player the whole half if you wanted to, you need to get rid of the ball once you're in traffic or you're going to lose it.
And the CPU plays better keep-away. You can't just try to run into them and knock the ball away. They don't run in a straight line. Had a guy spin in a circle on me.

Be interesting to see how many fouls get called and the injury occurrences but I loved what I played.

We just need more authentic stadiums!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
Rookie

Matthayew's Arena

OVR: 7

I really liked the feel a lot more in the couple games I played. The new shots are also a lot of fun. The plays feel heavier this year and generally differ from each other a more than FIFA 13. Also the dribbling seemed to feel a lot better to mee. Another problem that seemed fixed was that my team actually went after loose balls in the box (one of the must frustrating things that has been plauging this game for years is players running away from rebounds of GKs like they're grenades). Man I don't want to go back to playing FIFA 13 now .
Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #31
Rookie

Matthayew's Arena

OVR: 7

Really the part I'm most excited for is how different the teams and players felt from one another this time around. I could even tell the difference in class and strategy between the Red Bulls and Boca Juniors when I played them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #32
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

My bank account wants you to be wrong orion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »