Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #57
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfgosher
Orion any idea which button to press on PC for protecting the ball while standing. While dribbling the opponent players were able to catch upto me and tried to take the ball away from me. If i stay for a long time on course with them they r sure to take the ball away. Please reply so that i can try in further games on world class level and tne go up a notch higeher to legendary. And thanks for all the slider settings in fifa 13 which made my experience to play in legendary very beautiful
just hold LT. LT is for protecting only, that's why you don't need to hold LT to dribble anymore.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #58
Rookie

pfgosher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
just hold LT. LT is for protecting only, that's why you don't need to hold LT to dribble anymore.
Thanks. I will try that. Though I dont know which one is LT button will still figure out by having a look at controls.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #59
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Unfortunately, the fun is over once the opposing team gains possession of the ball. They will always play the same one dimensional attacking style of football and I'm afraid no amount of editing and slider adjusting is going to ever change the fact that every team and every match feels the same. I hate that as much as I did back in FIFA 12/13.
that is still my biggest problem as well. The CPU attack is always very direct and there still isn't much going on in midfield IMO.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #60
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Still feels like FIFA 13 and that isn't good enough for me. Even after I tweaked the sliders it still wasn't up to my standard. Shooting still feels nice as always but defending is still the same in a sense it still doesn't feel like you defend as a team. It isn't as bad as last years but still not good enough. I think this might be a pass for me again as it was for the last two installments.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

With an admittedly a small sample size of five demo games, I think I might be in the minority wherein I found mostly awful things happening, visually and in terms of gameplay.

The Good
Crabwalk is gone. The textures are smoother and more lifelike. The throughball animation looks pretty cool as do some of the other kicking animations.

Wow, you canNOT use simple dribble mechanics to sprint around guys anymore, which is VERY realistic. However, they've fixed that and broken something else that I'll get to in The Ugly.

The UI is a phenomenal improvement. 'Nuff said.

Tackling is of much more value, in particular shoulder tackles. Ever since the dawn of Tactical Defending, tackling had basically become the riskiest investment you could make as a defender and hardly worth it on the whole. Defending was indeed more realistic than the Legacy years of rugby defending, but tackling was functionally near useless. I can see that I'm going to like making the occasional tackle this year without the punitive effect of instant yellow (or red) card + instant counterattack for the AI.

I do get the impression, speaking of tackling, that there will be far more fouls called this year. Sample size too small though...

The Bad
The new changes to momentum and agility combined with the removal of the crabwalk have come at the expense of some very odd animations. Both teams, on the whole, looked almost...geriatric...like dudes suffering low back pain or something, as if they're in mid-spasm every time they begin their runs. This is something I observed in virtually every player on the pitch by the way. It's a wholesale change to the running animation. When players break stride or, conversely, accelerate into a full sprint, they kinda lean forward weirdly and start pumping their arms wildly. It looks borderline ridiculous to me.

The Ugly
It's very early days, gentlemen, but I found the AI defense very difficult to break down because the AI defense plays more competently; HOWEVER, I was blown away by how my AI teammates on the attack were just as dumb as they were in previous years. They stood literally flatfooted with very little help to the man in possession while failing to go on runs and yes, I noticed what ezio and 4EverBlowingBubbles both mentioned - the midfield is No Man's Land, where you only travel to lose possession.

I feel less excited this year than in any other, yet I'm arguably more intrigued that I've ever been about FIFA. This is NOT your pacewhore's FIFA and I really do look forward to seeing how this will all work in the full presentation, in particular within a Career Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

What I always liked about PC mods, from vids at least, is that in and around the box was more cluttered than the console versions. Way too much space around the box on console versions.

Has this been addressed? Are midfielders getting more involved in and around the box?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #63
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

A large part of my concerns with gameplay are admittedly due to my complete lack of ability to break down the AI defense.

In my five games, I think I took a sum total of two shots on goal. No, not lying. Two.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #64
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Very impressed with the momentum. Seems like you can no longer sprint down the side of the field and stop/turn on a dime to cut inside the defender for a clear run at the goal.

Ball also seems more lively/realistic. Seems like it takes players longer to gain control at times.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »