Home

Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #161
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official FIFA 14 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Hi guys!

Iīve decided to input these tactics, i honestly believe they will make the game better.

One thing that caught my eye:

I always think that the CPU never shoots enough, skipping good oportunities to shoot too often, i did some testing and the shooting slider in the tactics when raised to 66 (for them to shoot often) seemed the most realistic to me. However in this tactics i see a lot of 40īs and 50īs, even some 20īs... does the cpu shootīs enough with these?
I've always felt that it's been fine, but I also play 15 minute halves.

Also, the thing I've always said is to remember what team is shooting or not shooting that much, or what style. Some teams get off more shots than others, and some rush shots.

My goal with the shooting slider has always been to slow down play. If it's too high, teams don't seem to possess the ball in the final third enough.

I will always take the game "feeling" better than the stats appearing better, but that's just me. For my style, I think they shoot enough. Whether it's a top team, or a lower side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've always felt that it's been fine, but I also play 15 minute halves.

Also, the thing I've always said is to remember what team is shooting or not shooting that much, or what style. Some teams get off more shots than others, and some rush shots.

My goal with the shooting slider has always been to slow down play. If it's too high, teams don't seem to possess the ball in the final third enough.

I will always take the game "feeling" better than the stats appearing better, but that's just me. For my style, I think they shoot enough. Whether it's a top team, or a lower side.
Well, itīs not a stat thing, itīs that feeling that the cpu just passes the ball around the box too much and too many times they will pass up a great shot opportunity to pass the ball to another player and loose the play altogether.

Also, i get like... 1 shot outside the box per game from the CPU. I dont play 15, i play 10 instead, but still... too low for me.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #163
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Well, itīs not a stat thing, itīs that feeling that the cpu just passes the ball around the box too much and too many times they will pass up a great shot opportunity to pass the ball to another player and loose the play altogether.

Also, i get like... 1 shot outside the box per game from the CPU. I dont play 15, i play 10 instead, but still... too low for me.
Increase the user/cpu width in the sliders - that should get you a little bit more shots in obvious situations.

Of course if that does nothing, then check out some of the sliders in the sliders section.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #164
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Increase the user/cpu width in the sliders - that should get you a little bit more shots in obvious situations.

Of course if that does nothing, then check out some of the sliders in the sliders section.
What he's referring to can't be helped with sliders or custom tactics. The AI simply passes-up good opportunities to shoot. It's a problem with the AI decision making, and just one example of how the AI needs to be improved.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #165
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
What he's referring to can't be helped with sliders or custom tactics. The AI simply passes-up good opportunities to shoot. It's a problem with the AI decision making, and just one example of how the AI needs to be improved.
Not really, no.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #166
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Not really, no.
So you've never seen the CPU find itself in a great shooting position in the box and instead of pulling the trigger, either make an extra pass or dribble?

Because I've played with a wide variety of sliders, including yours, and this is an issue no matter what changes we make to the game. This is an issue that's been present in the game for years, and has been complained about by countless people.

Sorry to burst your bubble but at its core the AI is not all that intelligent and sliders do not magically improve the AI decision making.

(And maybe next time how about posting a real reply rather than just expecting us to watch an 8 minute video [which proves absolutely nothing btw].)

Last edited by mfp; 03-11-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
So you've never seen the CPU find itself in a great shooting position in the box and instead of pulling the trigger, either make an extra pass or dribble?

Because I've played with a wide variety of sliders, including yours, and this is an issue no matter what changes we make to the game. This is an issue that's been present in the game for years, and has been complained about by countless people.

Sorry to burst your bubble but at its core the AI is not all that intelligent and sliders do not magically improve the AI decision making.

(And maybe next time how about posting a real reply rather than just expecting us to watch an 8 minute video [which proves absolutely nothing btw].)
Yikes. Sorry, I wanted to post that one real quick because I had remembered the CPU had shot for quite a ways - without having the longshot trait rating.

If before the CPU wasn't shooting in obvious situations, and then you adjust sliders - using the same teams - and now they do - what does that tell you?

You could have said the AI passes up opportunities on occasion - not all the time as indicated by your statement. I merely showed you that I have, and others that have used my sliders, seen the CPU tend to select to shoot in more obvious situations as opposed to default sliders. There will still be the odd occasion where they should have shot - much like IRL - but the chances of it occuring are not as common as before sliders/CTT's were applied.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #168
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

You are a lion among men for all the work you do on these every year Kreb.

I'm not even using CTTs, just popping in to say you freaking rock

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »