Home

Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #833
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
Hi, I think it's not a matter of line settings, to avoid CPU excessive dribbling, you have to decrease their pass error. Now when you do this, the CPU will start doing tiki taka as Matt said and they will play very unrealistic, so the clue to slow down their build up is to slow down the CPU' s pass speed. That way you get a more realistic approach by them, they will play more long balls, and it will also humanize their passes as if they were manual for them too. I have pass error at 20 and speed at 30 and it is playing real nice. Don't see any crappy dribbling to nowhere. Try it.
I've done this before. Line settings do affect it.

You want to see long balls so bad?

Fine, increase Line Length to 80; Line Height to 60; pass error to 70 (or 20, or 30, or 40, or 50, or 60...and so on) - then decrease marking from 60 to 50, or 50 to 40, or 40 to 30, or 30 to 20....

What I'm trying to say is I've played with ALL combinations. But it's a matter of balance. If I have line length so high, my midfield doesn't help the defensive line. If I have it too low, the CPU strings passes easily - and you lose the long ball, and your chance of a lower pass % are out the window.

In the end, it's about Legendary - and how effective the CPU attack is and how they attack. This current Legendary, is completely different than it started.

I use to get gameplay like this before the patch:

The CPU had more caution to their attack, more sense of a human approach. So that's what I'm trying to regain here.

Last thing I'm going to say before I go back to testing:

Stop with the theories.

Stop with the theory about this, or that, or the other. THey are just theories - and 9 times out of 10 - they are isolated.

"Lower pass error, you'll see more long balls"

- False, you will see more long balls through a combination of values - not just 1 value. This isn't a 1 slider value to make the magic happen. It's several. I need more of you guys to understand this.

I apologize if I seem frustrated, but my gripe is that so many people have theories that are not supported by video evidence and consistently an isolated slider value. I really wish I could just do that and all would be great in the world. But this is why sliders exist in the first place - to get the right balance - which means multiple slider values have to be modified to achieve a certain result. Going forward, I hope this is what you guys will think of before posting suggestions.

Last edited by Matt10; 10-25-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: line length so high, not line height, other grammatical Saturday morning errors
Old 10-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #834
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok, so no suggestions more here, I have played it with the mentioned settings and they felt nice. If you dont want help, I am out. Freak.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #835
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Keep up the good work Matt. I know how annoying it is when people come on here and try to take over the sliders instead of asking for advice. You play just as much as anyone and know the most about about the sliders than anyone. This is your slider thread but everyone is trying to take it over when, if they have a really great slider setting, they should start their own thread. I am down for suggestions and help but seems like lately people are going overboard. Anyway keep it up. I may have just sold my FIFA 15 but your sliders were the only ones that made it playable at all. Had some good games but the FIFA AI has some niggles that I just couldn't get over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #836
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Thanks guys, I know there are guys that are objective and those that want to have a microwave fix to the game. It doesn't work that way.

Here is what I'm testing now - I think it's pretty good, has a lot of what I'm looking for regarding slow. Works for WC as well. Wanted to extend the pitch more as I watched some morning footy, and last night as well. Noticed that the pitch is played pretty deep - and men are still covered (zone), so this should achieve that look with the length and height to compress. Please let me know your thoughts.

Version 11 Beta - 10/25/14 @ 9:20am CST.
10-15 Mins, Legendary/WC, Slow, Legacy Defending

Sprint Speed: 30/32
Acceleration: 51/51
Shot Error: 53/53
Pass Error: 55/62
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 49/49
Injury Freq: 55/55
Injury Severity: 30/30
GK Ability: 40/40
Marking: 68/68
Run Freq: 20/15
Line Height:75/75
Line Length:58/58
Line Width: 55/55
FB Positioning: 80/80
FT Control: 95/95

Last edited by Matt10; 10-25-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #837
Rookie

reaper31's Arena

Legend Slider Test with V10 Beta that i did yesterday evening. Feel free to take a look, felt much imporved even though the AI was down to 10 men early.

Last edited by reaper31; 10-25-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #838
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasedToMeetMe
Ok, so no suggestions more here, I have played it with the mentioned settings and they felt nice. If you dont want help, I am out. Freak.
C'mon man. Don't get butthurt. We're all adults here, right. Everyone's feedback is welcome.

But I believe Matt when he says he's tested all the variables. He must have a very patient wife, cause he's always testing sliders.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #839
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

11 Beta now:

Watch live video from MATT10L on www.twitch.tv
Old 10-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #840
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I normally avoid doing this. Because this is you're baby after all. But I have to ask because it's been killing me, don't you feel the line height is way way too high? When Stoke had the ball deep in the final third Soton's back four should have been five years deeper, just inside their own box, but instead they were 5 yards outside the area. Looking at it I instantly thought through ball exploitable, and that's just what happened. Like I said I'm not trying to but in I'm not but I'm just curious what your thinking is.

Last edited by orion523; 10-25-2014 at 12:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »