Home

Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #841
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's FIFA 15 Legendary Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I normally avoid doing this. Because this is you're baby after all. But I have to ask because it's been killing me, don't you feel the line height is way way too high? When Stoke had the ball deep in the final third Soton's back four should have been five years deeper, just inside their own box, but instead they were 5 yards outside the area. Looking at it I instantly thought through ball exploitable, and that's just what happened. Like I said I'm not trying to but in I'm not but I'm just curious what your thinking is.
Brother - you know you can never hesitate to point something out.

My preference is a higher line because I want it tighter. I want instant reaction from the CB's. It's not realistic, to me, that the defensive line doesn't meet the attackers right away. When I played the beautiful game myself, it was so rare to be able to turn and face goal, it's what coaches teach their forwards - you have to be able to hold the ball up facing away from goal. You can turn and face after you've beaten your man or gotten into a scoring position.

It's just down to personal preference, but I simply can't allow strikers to turn and face goal. It's not that exploitable either with the right width settings. Which I'm still exploring.

Remember as well, with this damn man marking, line height is essentially that trigger to make it look like the defensive line gives a damn about a striker's position. If there was a hint of zone - it'd be completely different.

Look at my FIFA 14 video for example: Line height was 53 and length 63

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #842
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

The high line certainly adds realism to the Fifa gameplay for the reasons Matt mentioned. But if you are trying to visually compare it to a real footy match, then yes, it is definitely too high.

With that being said, there are definitely an unreasonable amount of offsides some games.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #843
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Und Lahm
The high line certainly adds realism to the Fifa gameplay for the reasons Matt mentioned. But if you are trying to visually compare it to a real footy match, then yes, it is definitely too high.

With that being said, there are definitely an unreasonable amount of offsides some games.
As I've always said, my biggest weakness is never having actually played the game competitively. Being an east coast city boy it was hoops, football, baseball, and a little bit of hockey for good measure. Never soccer as it's called here. So because of that I have to rely on what I see, and that's why I made the comparison. Matt's explanation makes sense, and if it works it works right?
Old 10-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #844
Rookie

Asthicore's Arena

OVR: 0

Matt, when final sliders will come out will you be updating them?
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #845
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Dont' worry I'll get it right here shortly after my son settles down. There is going to be an adjustment to the 11 beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #846
All Star

poster's Arena

Had an interesting game with the latest sliders. The only difference was that I was playing on Pro with Normal speed. I had acceleration at 54 and pass speed/error at default for both myself and the cpu. I also did not stagger the speed, kept the same for myself and cpu.

Played the Clasico controlling Madrid. I lost 2-1 but had alot of fun. I held them to 57% passing, which is probably not very realistic since they just completed 90% in real life, but shows it is possible, even with the cpu pass error at default. I know its on Pro, but for me this is an accomplishment.

Alot may have to do with legacy defending, which I love and will keep using. When calling for pressure while I hang back controlling another player, my cpu controlled players will come in and tackle and try to win the ball. Much better then that contain nonsense where the players do nothing. It allows me to play better defense and control passing lanes while reducing open shot opportunities.

Still can't believe that they designed the game where the cpu controlled players on your team do nothing, and even more shocking that they have been getting away with it for years on end. It's up there for the worst design flaw I have ever seen in a game.

Also saw alot of pass variety from Barca, even sending balls over the top when the chances were there. Even got a yellow on Messi when battling over the top with Pepe on a 50/50 which was nice to see. Keep it up, Matt.

Edit: Did have alot of offsides, which is my fault, so I need to work on that due to the higher lines. Wish I was as good as the cpu with this!

Last edited by poster; 10-25-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #847
Rookie

Asthicore's Arena

OVR: 0

Haha, however I meant something else, my English is weak. Will you be updating sliders even when final version came out?
Old 10-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #848
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
As I've always said, my biggest weakness is never having actually played the game competitively. Being an east coast city boy it was hoops, football, baseball, and a little bit of hockey for good measure. Never soccer as it's called here. So because of that I have to rely on what I see, and that's why I made the comparison. Matt's explanation makes sense, and if it works it works right?
Well, plenty of great managers never really played much. I think that can apply to slider gurus as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »