Home

Gnemi's FIFA 2015 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Gnemi's FIFA 2015 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gnemi's FIFA 2015 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo150
Looks great but i'm on Orion's sliders right now. I like orion's sliders and i'm not that fond of switching in the middle of a season. Is there anyone who tested these and could tell me what the differemce is. Gnemi is it compatible with oldgen? Sadly i'm playing X360. Usually i played manual sliders on 6 minutes. This year that is nearly impossible so im playing 10 minutes and it is working out great!
I'll be honest...if you're playing 6 minute halves, you should absolutely try using Normal game speed.

As for old gen, I'm really not sure. Not played old gen this year at all.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

I'm working on an update here that will use Normal game speed. I'm just not a fan of Slow this year. Stay tuned.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any news, after the damn patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #12
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

I have updated the OP with version 1.1 after the patch and after committing to the use of Fidel's mod.

Now, for some methodology and thoughts:

Speed
I believe in low 40's for Sprint because anything too low results in the jogging animation and anything too high results in a cartoon. With regards to acceleration, I prefer it when players have the ability to separate from slower or badly positioned defenders. I also want realistic fatigue. For me, sprinting is still a necessity while defending. The CPU will play tiki-taka without occasional high pressure. I tend to balance my defensive efforts between cutting off lanes and pressuring. However, I use tackling very conservatively.

Shot/Pass Error
Nothing will ever be perfect here and I find that, we as a FIFA slider community, end up chasing shadows here half the time. The CPU intermittently ignores the sliders and does whatever it wants regarding its passing accuracy. That's fine. High 60's tends to present a fair enough compromise. In truth, I'm okay with Shot Error being anywhere near default. Between 50 and 55 for user or CPU is appropriate.

Shot/Pass Speed
Shot speed has to be lowered to give the football *any* sense of weight or gravity. On 50 or higher, it floats like a beachball and rockets around the park at 120mph. I have tried faster and slower pass speed and prefer default. That one is very subjective though and has a similar relationship to the Power Bar settings.

GK Ability
This year has introduced an oddity with regards to keepers. They are far easier to beat from close range. It often looks odd, like the keepers fail to move or make an egregious looking error. However, in years past, it was *way* too difficult to beat the keepers in 1v1 or from 5 yards or closer. Why do I use lower than default? Because with 10 minute halves, I simply don't see enough goals and the number of shots does not seem to correlate sufficiently with goals scored. Hence, 40-45 presents a nice balance. I can see arguments for keeping them at default or going even lower than 40-45 with 10 minute halves, but I see NO argument for making them 60 or higher.

Marking
I've attempted everything under the sun with this slider and I'm never quite sure it makes a significant difference. Because vanilla is utterly broken, I encourage everybody to go with their gut here or with whatever best available evidence/data they can find to support their choice. Fidel's gameplay mod fixes the broken marking in FIFA '15 and I'm spoiled by that. Nonetheless, anything you can do to reduce the CPU's pressure/tackling is a plus. Unfortunately, I have consistently failed to see changes to human AI crappy marking. They tend to be highly ineffective man-markers and the marking slider doesn't help, even when I crank it to 70 or higher. I'd love to see arguments here to the contrary, but my current stance is that you should seek help elsewhere when it comes to fixing broken human AI marking.

Run Frequency
This slider is one of the most powerful and subjective in the set. I think it comes down almost entirely to personal preference. Regarding the human side of things, use your custom tactics appropriately and feel free to pick whatever run frequency blows your hair back. Again, it's personal preference here. With regards to the CPU, I believe that you want to do whatever you can to limit the speed at which the CPU rams the football down your throat when they take possession. That's just EA Sports signature programming for the CPU and I don't know if it will ever change, sadly.

Line Settings
Oh boy. There will never be a more controversial discussion than line settings. Here's my tl;dr summary of affairs:

Height | Choose a height that allows for a range of player ratings and gives your back line an opportunity to meet the CPU attackers but not open themselves up to blatant CPU abuse in counter attacks. This is not easy to do. I think high 50's is the most appropriate choice here. The abuse typically occurs from my perspective when I lose the football in midfield and the CPU quickly punches it up to their wings or forwards and the race is on. That can be addressed with length though!

Length | If you are like me, you hate it more than anything when the CPU goes on forever long runs on the counter, or constantly looks for through balls to cut your backline to pieces. I think it's important to compress the length of your line so that your midfielders can quickly recover and help. So, what I'm looking for in length is the ability to quickly link passes in attack AND allow for my midfielders with teeth to nimbly contribute to defending against CPU counters.

Width | Bring it in. FIFA loves to be played on the wings, each and every year, especially with the "cut in diagonally" so-called exploit. Hence, somewhere in the mid to high 30's works best if you want to promote midfield activity and defensive help. I know, I know. Football being played in the midfield is the white unicorn of FIFA: it may or may not actually exist.

Fullbacks | Nothing too controversial here. I would also encourage FIFA nerds to use custom tactics here if you're not comfortable with fullbacks playing too far up the pitch.

First Touch Control | One of the most underrated sliders as it tremendously changes the way FIFA plays. Anything higher than 60 tends to make the game unplayable for me and/or I lose possession far too often. Even Fidel's mod doesn't account for the CPU's uncanny ability to grab the football when my player takes a bad touch. If only the converse were true, but I digress! For the CPU, anything lower than 75 tends to make Millwall look like Bayern.

Last edited by Gnemi; 10-31-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Hi gnemi, thank you for your slider, I really like it. Just a few questions. I would relly like to be done with sliders and just enjoy the game.
After many fifas with Orion sliders a decide to try something else. Tryed matts slider and before patch I really enjoy them. After patch , I just cant. Not that slider are not good, bud the game feels diferent. Too easy to score even on legendary, just blow past by D. And then just watch CPU pass and pass and pass and never try to score.
I visit orions and mats sliders every day and seen you always write about fidels game play.. Well thank you.. I try it and feels so mutch beter.. Had 2:2 draw ( amazing game) on world class.. and that never happend, I always win, even on legendary ( in last season 32W on legendary - boring).
I tryed fidels ini.. what I wanna know is.. witch one is for your sliders.. 2.6? Or lower 2.4 D+, or 2.4 high difficulty?
Anyway, just play 3 games with your sliders and Fidel 2.6 ini, and it was great. What a battles. Was absolutly destroyed by Arsenal ( 2:0,had made 2 mistakes,) . In Cup I win 3:0 against some lower league team and manage to beat chelsea 1:0 , scored in 55 from penalty and then I had to park the bus.
Enjoyed every single game.
Soo thank you for write about fidels game so often in matts and orion threads, whitout it I would not know about it. What can one litlle file change:-) EA should hire Fidel!

Last edited by tkelly; 11-03-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly
Hi gnemi, thank you for your slider, I really like it. Just a few questions. I would relly like to be done with sliders and just enjoy the game.
After many fifas with Orion sliders a decide to try something else. Tryed matts slider and before patch I really enjoy them. After patch , I just cant. Not that slider are not good, bud the game feels diferent. Too easy to score even on legendary, just blow past by D. And then just watch CPU pass and pass and pass and never try to score.
I visit orions and mats sliders every day and seen you always write about fidels game play.. Well thank you.. I try it and feels so mutch beter.. Had 2:2 draw ( amazing game) on world class.. and that never happend, I always win, even on legendary ( in last season 32W on legendary - boring).
I tryed fidels ini.. what I wanna know is.. witch one is for your sliders.. 2.6? Or lower 2.4 D+, or 2.4 high difficulty?
Anyway, just play 3 games with your sliders and Fidel 2.6 ini, and it was great. What a battles. Was absolutly destroyed by Arsenal ( 2:0,had made 2 mistakes,) . In Cup I win 3:0 against some lower league team and manage to beat chelsea 1:0 , scored in 55 from penalty and then I had to park the bus.
Enjoyed every single game.
Soo thank you for write about fidels game so often in matts and orion threads, whitout it I would not know about it. What can one litlle file change:-) EA should hire Fidel!
I totally agree with you. I am using 2.6 right now, by the way.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

UPDATE: 04 November 2014

I am working on a Legendary slider set. Before the 1.03 patch, I found Legendary to be ridiculously overpowered, more akin to AI cheating than difficult gameplay. After the patch, however, I think EA have restored Legendary to its rightful place as the best SIM difficulty. It is very likely I will use Legendary for Away / Cup fixtures and World Class at Home.

Here is the BETA version of my Legendary set. I am also testing this set on Normal game speed.

Controls: Full Manual
Difficulty: Legendary (or World Class for Home fixtures)
Halves: 10 Minutes
Speed: Normal

Human/CPU

Sprint: 40/40
Acceleration: 48/48
Shot Error: 51/55
Pass Error: 51/72
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 50/50
GK Ability: 45/40
Marking: 50/45
Run Frequency: 35/20
Line Height: 58/58
Line Length: 48/48
Line Width: 42/42
Fullbacks: 60/60
First Touch Control: 60/90

NOTES:
Legendary is still brutally difficult although the pressure/tackling is mitigated a bit with Fidel's mod. Burst is also mitigated, by the way.

The first touch control is more or less key to making this work. The three sliders I will pay special attention to here are Shot/Pass Error and First Touch Control. I have also opened up the pitch a bit by increasing the length and width by a few ticks. Over a six game span yesterday, including a highly representative cross-section of EPL teams (Villa, United, Liverpool, Swansea, West Brom, and Arsenal) I thought these sliders were working fantastically.

Regarding Acceleration @ 48, if people tell you that reduces fouls or fatigue, they're completely wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #16
Rookie

will try them out today

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »