Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #1489
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

So consensus is set B is the way to go?

Last edited by TeleTex82; 10-08-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #1490
Rookie

Set B has been my favourite so far, its the closest I've got to 'Fifa happiness' this year.

My main frustration with the game now is scoring goals, it seems that no matter what you do with the sliders, the Goalkeepers are just too good.

That Brighton and Hove keeper I played against last night has got to be one of the best in the world!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #1491
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hi Matt wanted to ask is Set A still current with game speed normal ??
or better yet slow? and ACC yet again on 50/49 or 50/50 better ? Please answer..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #1492
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiesque
On PS4 I've deleted user settings file only and loaded the game. It started again with el clasico match and I swear that the gameplay is back to slower than what it was right after the 2nd patch. Really weird that this made difference.

To avoid any doubt i have NOT reinstalled/redownloaded the game just got rid of the settings file.

Hope that helps (certainly saves time )
Can you please tell me how you go about deleting JUST the user settings? I reinstalled last night but felt no difference.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #1493
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

It was mentioned earlier, and we've come to this conclusion virtually every year, that it's important to keep a rather large sample size when talking about Career matches.

With that said, here are a couple tidbits about CPU difficulty that I'm noticing:

Movement Speed
In my view, EA Sports have used movement speed as one of their go-to settings to tune difficulty. MFP mentioned that I'd get used to it at 50/50 and find ways to score goals and have a good ole time playing FIFA 16. He's absolutely right, but this year, I've decided to look elsewhere. This year, I'd prefer not to merely accept the CPU's movement advantages. In this regard, I think FIFA 16 reminds me of FIFA 14. It was a tightly contested, more physical affair, but by the time I finished out my career six months into the game, there was a very narrow recipe of tactics and sometimes gimmicks I'd have to use in order to score goals. It was exactly because of the movement and physicality advantages enjoyed by the CPU.

Old Paradigm
Every year, our community seems willing to look at the CPU's passing, shooting, and first-touch as a perfectly acceptable place to nerf them. But when we get to movement speed, everybody seems a bit churlish honestly.

"We've made it so the CPU can't hit the side of a barn? I LOVE IT!"

"We've given the CPU a 1% decrease in Acceleration? BLASPHEMY!"

New Paradigm
I may go solo on this particular facet of gameplay or I might just tune to my preferences the Community Sliders. What I've noticed with the very marginal one-tick decrease in acceleration for the CPU was that I could still be highly creative in attack! I wasn't limited to threading the proverbial needle with pinpoint through balls and perfectly delivered crosses or gimmicky goals from corners. Conversely, there is a net effect on the CPU's gameplay. They were also more varied, both in defense and attack, as though their manager said to the squad, "Dudes, we can't rely on performance enhancing drugs anymore. We're gonna have to be clever."

With that said, I'm all for finding ways of buffing the CPU if they start to feel gimped by the one tick decrease in acceleration. E.g. Reduce their pass error, shooting error, increase pass speed, etc.

I've been absolutely thrilled with FIFA 16 in terms of physics and the richness of AI for both Humans and CPU. I want to be very careful about not indulging a set of monastic sliders that make me feel like my team is either running over hot coals or walking on egg shells. At 50/50 with movement speed, EA's difficulty code turns the Doncaster Rovers into a steroid-addled band of marauding vikings.

CAVEAT: I'm not 100% convinced with any of the above arguments and I'll continue to experiment with the rest of you. These are just first month ramblings.

Last edited by Gnemi; 10-08-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #1494
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknine
Set B has been my favourite so far, its the closest I've got to 'Fifa happiness' this year.

My main frustration with the game now is scoring goals, it seems that no matter what you do with the sliders, the Goalkeepers are just too good.

That Brighton and Hove keeper I played against last night has got to be one of the best in the world!
Thanks, that's exactly how i feel. It's ridiculous how much big chances I waste. I mean, we can't have become that much worse in finishing since FIFA 15, can we? Something with this years finishing is off, or I just don't get it. Balls that would have been perfectly in the corner of the goal last year now go straight on the keeper. I mostly score with corner kicks and tap-ins on the empty goal after playing around the keeper. Crazy.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #1495
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't have much to say other than Set A feels fantastic, and the best this game has so far this year. It's also working well with custom tactic testing.

Keep up the awesome work, fellas. Just don't ruin Set A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #1496
Rookie

@Gnemi: You are not alone. The cpu definitely has a pace advantage at 50/50. Of course you can counter this with other tactics, but how does this make sense when the main goal is realism? A player like Costa or Aubameyang should be able to outpace defenders like Terry or Mertesacker. That's part of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »