Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #5113
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

I definitely agree with ACC discrepancy resulting bursting. So I've tried making sprint higher for CPU. Ran with this last night:

SPR: 51/53
ACC: 52/51

The burst was still noticeable but not as much, and more importantly the CPU seemed to recover more. It should be noted I'm on Legendary. At this point I'm not sure we can even compare it to WC level. Its honestly 2 different games. The CPU is so much more overpowered on Leg, I need this ACC discrepancy to get fouls and to still allow me to take on CPU defenders.

Fiddled with marking last night as well, still undecided. Also using a discrepancy, 60/70, 58/60 and 50/60. Need some time tonight with it to really put my finger on the gameplay changes for each.

The big thing is I had a lot of fun last night. Won in 2nd Extra Time of a Cup game vs. Middleborough (I'm Leicester). The sat back the WHOLE game until the end, 3 goals in the Extra time and a 2-1 win for me.

Then I played Norwich at home in the league and thoroughly dominated the match. An early penalty and and incredible 90th minute header did get them the 1 pt though. On Legendary you can't count your chickens at all. The CPU will throw the kitchen sink until the final whistle.

Its not perfect for me, but its FUN. I've conceded I can't correct all of the issues in the game, so I'll choose what is most important to me and try to get as close to that as possible.

Last edited by GoBlue81188; 01-07-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #5114
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0

IMO we really don't need sprint/acc discrepancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
The CPU is so much more overpowered on Leg, I need this ACC discrepancy to get fouls and to still allow me to take on CPU defenders.
This will depend on what you consider a reasonable amount but I've checked my last 3 games with the Holiday Set and I've had 4,3 and 4 fouls, I also don't have a problem taking the CPU defenders on playing with Legendary

Last edited by Stimuli; 01-07-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #5115
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
IMO we really don't need sprint/acc discrepancies

This will depend on what you consider a reasonable amount but I've checked my last 3 games with the Holiday Set and I've had 4,3 and 4 fouls, I also don't have a problem taking the CPU defenders on playing with Legendary
For me, I guess a discrepancy is necessary then. I find taking on a player that once you get the edge, they'll warp through you with an L2 maneuver. So I need a little assist on that first step. and yeah looking for more like 5-7 fouls and generally just more collisions/tackles. But if its working for you, kudos, you're a better player than I!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #5116
Pro

OVR: 8

[ FOULS ]

I know that one of the current driving forces for the slider iterations is the lack of fouls (both from the HUM and from the CPU). I am concerned that this might *not* be something that we can solve with slider adjustments. People who are much better at this than I am have worked hard to make suggestions which have *absolutely* resulted in a more physical match (meaning that, yes, the sliders DO influence the way the game plays).

However, even though it seems that fouls should be related to physical play (or you could even say that fouls should be related to "clumsy" play ... which is not really a bad thing ... real matches have clumsy tackles), we are still not seeing foul numbers climb even as tackle numbers are up (quantitative) or the feeling a physical play is higher (qualitative).

There is no "referee" slider.

And I realize that this may initially sound like my own personal sour grapes (I am losing a lot right now ... the CPU is always "cheating" ... the HUM cannot get a fair break ... etc.) - fair enough - but it is still true that a lack of fouls "could" be related to what "counts" as a foul in the game's internal math problem.

There are countless times in a match when I am certain that my player has been fouled ... you can even feel it in the controller this year ... and yet no whistle from the ref. Is this a "cheat" advantage given to the CPU? Or is the CPU "too good" at tackling ... such that all of their contact with my player is "technically" not a foul ... but it sure has the same effect on my play. Either way - low foul numbers.

I have often felt that fouls should trend with tackles. I understand that some teams/players are better at tackling than other teams/players ... so it is not 100% that more tackles should give more fouls. But over a 10-match series (or whatever) ... it seems reasonable that tackles and fouls should be (at least) loosely correlated. More attempted tackles should lead to more possibilities that one (or some) of those tackles is a foul, and that should lead to more free kicks. But, if the ref is not calling the fouls (because of CPU cheating, or because the CPU is too good at tackles, or because whatever) - it will not show up in the box score.

- - - - -

A second foul-related thought ... this is also (possibly) a function of how I, in my individual game play, choose to attack the CPU defense ...

In some matches I make a real effort to take on the CPU players with the dribble, to try to get past them with the player in possession of the ball using skill moves (ha!) or start-stop or change-of-direction. In theory - this would give the CPU more opportunities to tackle the ball from me and, correspondingly, a higher likelihood that they would occasionally commit a foul and I would be rewarded with a free kick (in a dangerous position, I hope).

But in other matches ... perhaps because I am not good enough at dribbling past the CPU or because I am tired of what-I-think-are-fouls not being called ... my philosophy is instead to keep the ball moving with passes ... never really having any one player in possession of the ball for any length of time. When I do keep the ball at my feet, I try to move away from the goal, to be in a less dangerous attacking position, to avoid tackle attempts from the CPU. Clearly, in this instance, I should not really be expecting large tackle/foul numbers from the CPU ... and in this case the potentially low foul numbers are a result of a choice I made as to how I wanted to play during the match.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #5117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
Shot error should be 55, right? If your 65 isn't a typo in your message, you should see more goals for both sides soon.
You're right, shot error was at 55.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #5118
Rookie

I am thinking of whether to install Fifa on PC also, so I tried the hailed demo for the very first time. Some observations; this was on standard sliders, world class, full manual, normal speed.

1. Very few fouls (also current issue).
2. Very few shots by the CPU (even taking into account 4 min halves, also a current issue with some slider sets).
3. My AI-controlled players were much more active, cutting passes intelligently, and also pressing. This was interesting. Didn't notice any ADD.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 01-07-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #5119
Rookie

Mac2298's Arena

After trying set Y a number of times, I just can't play with them. CPU's passing is way too perfect. Matches end with the CPU having 90% passing and 60% possession way too often. The old Higher SS set was way better. Set Y is super frustrating to play on. I think the Higher SS has some issues such as how easy it can be to score, especially counter attacks, but it's much better than it being impossible to create chances/stop the CPU's attack, as is the case with Set Y.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #5120
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Haven't seen Set Y get any love lately, so...here's the stats from my most recent MM game w/Arsenal hosting Liverpool (15 min, leg def)...

Really enjoying the set...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »