Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:31 AM   #721
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatan4ever
Are you guys playing friendly matches? Cause thats the problem, friendly matches are so easy and tamed. But when you play a cm match either cup or liga game, then its totally different.
No I have to disagree. The problem lies within cpu run freq at 30 and first touch at 85.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 03:39 AM   #722
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi All,

This year will be all about offline for me, so I am following this to get the best experience possible.

One thing I am not sure of though. I see most of you are using the sliders on career mode. I will be doing seasons in "Tournaments" instead (e.g. BPL, Serie A etc). I have seen comments saying that the sliders don't have such an effect on friendly matches, but do they work in the same way on both CM and tournament modes?

Thanks
James
Old 09-29-2015, 04:57 AM   #723
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelsouza
yeah, the attack is absolutely not dangerous.
on default settings, the danger lies in the cpu moving the ball with speed across the space on the field, so you need to watch out.
The problem is the tiki taka way of not losing the ball when on pressure by the user, and that's ridiculous .

buuuuuuut, i'm sticking with the default settings with some tweaks (-2 or -3 points on pass speed and +3 on first toutch) until a great "cpu danger slider" comes
Thatīs the same way i feel..that ball moving when under pressure.Every team seems to be like Barcelona or Bayern.I played in Bundesliga 2 in career mode.Im in Bundesliga now ,so i can see how stronger teams play.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:05 AM   #724
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastiaan1989
I don't mind if they make me work harder on defense, as long as it's fair.
I've been doing some more testing. Manual settings (pass at semi) are definitely much nicer, especially for through balls. Goals scored against a 63 rated gk are still only the ones that hit the corners or the roof of the goal, everything else is saved.
They play a bit too much tika taka for me, though it's mostly on their own half, so that's fine. However, sometimes they (York) still do it near my penalty area, which is odd considering their rating.

The main thing though is still the player awareness. As I said, I don't mind if I have to work for it, but the video below shows what's been happening for most of the near-interceptions all night (taken on phone uploaded to Youtube as the share function on ps4 is giving me some issues).
I'm playing in blue, controlling the guy all the way at the bottom. But keep your eye on the ai controlled player in the middle.
Is there really no way to counteract this? I don't really want to go down in difficulty, I like how on legendary the cpu plays a varied game, seems more human.

The player awareness in itself is programmed immaculately.
The biggest issue here is the programming of momentum (i.e. reward for building up according to predefined parameters as opposed to being penalized or obstructed in case you're trying to pull off a move in disregard of player's awareness or movement).

I see this seasons's version of fifa like a newcomer of a coach who's used to high standards and expects his players to systematically catch up to his standard, or he'll manipulate them by restricting their movement with shackles, as the CPU's programming works like a trainer in many ways and you're never ever playing fully manual.
For when i'm building up cohesively and efficiently, i get assisted through defense quite oftenly, and manage to score goals i would never have scored if the programming didn't find i deserved it.

Not to humanize the programming but it does work in a predictably human way, as it's engineered by humans, strange creatures as they are.

So the main thing which obstructs every single player from getting a slider set right is not realizing that you can force the CPU to make passing errors by defending well, but this means you have to put in hours of practice in order to actually attain the level of defending by professionals who've been training day in day out since the early days.

You'll never gonna succesfully lower the AI's passing accuracy or deliberately impede them from playfully dancing around your axis until you've mastered the art of defending as a unit.
You could succeed, though, if you **** up the whole balance of a programming which seems to be extremely well worked out this year, only if momentum weren't brought up as such a manipulative bastard. =(
Sole reason for stark lack of realism is the AI's ability to predict your next move.....only after days of training may some of us understand how to fool the CPU's insane intelligence.

Laser-guided missiles and pre-planned goals and all that shiite.

And what's even more frustrating than having my defenders maliciously abused and restricted into bondage by a wicked magician, is to have the AI purposefully donate me a free ticket to an undeserved equalizer, facking disgraceful!
Wanna feel like i earned it, not like i'm being soothed by a guilty conscience.
Feels like the implementation of ''trainer mode'' has significantly altered the intent with which the programming has been engineered.

Deviants.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:15 AM   #725
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Again, we're getting a hell of a lot of issues being reported, but nothing being verified with video, Twitch streams, or any of the other available channels. Makes it very difficult for us to even consider changing anything because quite frankly from the streams we've participated in the gameplay has been phenomenal. That said, expect version #7 to be our official version #1 if it continues to stand up to video scrutiny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #726
Rookie

mondeslicht's Arena

OVR: 1

My official one is #6, #7 definitely not realistic for me. Just my opinion.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #727
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The equaliser:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
Whats up Matt!!! Dude, either these guys want to be mud-stomped each and every game or they just want something to complain about. The sliders are playing great, like always dude... That goal in the clip you put up was absolute filth lol Never seen that from the CPU... Great work, bud. Hope all is well, brother!
You never seen the CPU shoot one time shots? 90% of CPU shots outside the box are 1st time shots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Again, we're getting a hell of a lot of issues being reported, but nothing being verified with video, Twitch streams, or any of the other available channels. Makes it very difficult for us to even consider changing anything because quite frankly from the streams we've participated in the gameplay has been phenomenal. That said, expect version #7 to be our official version #1 if it continues to stand up to video scrutiny.
Video scrutiny is important, but if people look at a goal like the one posted above and see nothing wrong with it, video scrutiny has no real value.

Letīs forget the fact that this goal in particular has a 1 in 100 chance to go in. A first time shot like that, unbalanced, perfectly placed, perfect curve? But letīs ignore that, letīs say it was indeed a unique goal.

No one sees that the CPU shots outside the box are almost always first time shots? The amount of times the CF receives the ball just outside the box, in the center, and shoots it first time with is back to the goal (turning around to shoot first time) is waaaay over the norm.

Honestly, im having a hard time getting this game balanced. It seems the only way the CPU creates real danger consistently is through the tiki-taka this sliders try to eliminate, and with that they eliminate the danger as well.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #728
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

With some of the posts I read it's as if we are playing two different games. Truly baffling.

People.. tailor the game to your personal preference. It's okay. If you want the cpu juiced on attack, lower their first touch, raise the pass speed. This isn't that difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »