Home

Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

This is a discussion on Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #33
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

I am starting my CM this weekend and would like to contribute if you want/need.

I won't be going super fast through a CM (I don't think), but am willing to provide data should you still want/need it. Thanks @Matt10 for posting in the Community Thread, or I wouldn't have seen this
Old 10-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

I won't be going super fast through a CM (I don't think), but am willing to provide data should you still want/need it. Thanks @Matt10 for posting in the Community Thread, or I wouldn't have seen this
Yes good call, @Gonira do you mind if I reference this thread in the OP of the OS Sliders?
Old 10-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yes good call, @Gonira do you mind if I reference this thread in the OP of the OS Sliders?
i would be honored. thank you =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

absolutely! if you take note of the shooting stats of your games, it would help a lot. if you don't want the hassle, at least your home vs away w/d/l and goals scored will be already a very valuable data. just please toss away from your data games that won't be repeated in the season (like single leg cup ties or league matches from which you played the reverse fixture before starting to use the tweak). we're not in a hurry, take as long as you want. thank you!
Old 10-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #37
Banned

i was just reading this paper suggesting that home advantage still exists in local derbies, even when both teams play in the same stadium - but with smaller intensity.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp8105.pdf

the numbers in it show a +44% goals overall advantage in serie a since early 90's (the advantage is getting smaller as years pass, this is why we're aiming 30's% now), while the advantage in the same period was +15% goals in the rome, turin, genoa and verona derbies.

it makes a lot of sense. there's no travel and both teams are familiar with the pitch, but the "home" team still gets more fan support because of tickets distribution (which also counts for referee bias).

so my recommendation for nitpickers as me is to keep using +/- 2 pass error for regular home advantage, but +/- 1 pass error in local derbies.

Last edited by Gonira; 10-28-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
i was just reading this paper suggesting that home advantage still exists in local derbies, even when both teams play in the same stadium - but with smaller intensity.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp8105.pdf

the numbers in it show a +44% goals overall advantage in serie a since early 90's (the advantage is getting smaller as years pass, this is why we're aiming 30's% now), while the advantage in the same period was +15% goals in the rome, turin, genoa and verona derbies.

it makes a lot of sense. there's no travel and both teams are familiar with the pitch, but the "home" team still gets more fan support because of tickets distribution (which also counts for referee bias).

so my recommendation for nitpickers as me is to keep using +/- 2 pass error for regular home advantage, but +/- 1 pass error in local derbies.
Great read there. You're spot on with the +/- 1 pass error then considering those numbers for same stadium derbies.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #39
Rookie

Hey Gonira,

I definitely play on starting to test this today in my CM's...will let you know what I find! Have always wanted to try the WC/Legendary switch but find Legendary just too hard for me...this seems like a great alternative that will make the game play the same but with slight adv for the home team...like it should be!

Thanks for thinking of this and for all of your helpful posts in the OS thread!
Old 10-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #40
Pro

I've started my Villa CM using your +/- 2 pass error for home advantage. Haven't uploaded episode 3 yet which has my game at Sheffield Wednesday and home to Newcastle in the EFL Cup. Have also played the next 2 league games which were both at home and to be honest the pass error differential didn't help me at all. Still have to edit that episode and upload both which probably won't be until Monday at the earliest but I'm not sure if I had one of those FIFA moments when the game felt completely alien to previous games, you know where you just need to restart the game and then it goes back to how you knew it, if you know what I mean. The two home games were against Rotherham and Huddersfield and they both had double the shots to me, possession was pretty even but Huddersfield had a 91% pass accuracy! I'm using set 5 slow sliders and I will persevere. Those last 2 games felt like my players were stuck in mud when trying to run and the passes felt terrible. Hopefully, like I said, it was just one of those moments when I needed to reboot the game but we will see. Alternatively it could be that I am just crap at playing the game !

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »