Home

Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

This is a discussion on Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 02:58 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

i just finished my participation with portugal on the 2018 world cup qualifiers in my career. two home wins against belgium and germany.

i picked the national team with 4 games played already, so there was only one home/away corresponding fixture. just posting to add the stats to the data.

Germany 2-0 Portugal
10 shots 10
6 on target 6

Portugal 1-0 Germany
12 shots 4
4 on target 3

with this final defeat, germany have only qualified for the world cup because the belgians weren't able to pick a draw at bosnia. close one, krauts eaters.

updating my data of corresponding fixtures only:

30 games

12 home wins, 10 draws, 8 away wins (+50% wins)
goals: 42 home, 28 away (+50%)
shots: 265 home, 222 away (+19%)
on target: 155 home, 121 away (+28%)

just look at the weight a couple of games can have for the wins and goals advantages even in a medium-highish sample. this is why counting the shots was a wise decision to evaluate this.

right now i don't really feel like this home field advantage setting will ever need to be modified. but let's see when my season ends and when you guys start to feed me some numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »