Home

NHL 09 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #129
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 09 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
They have the Always Up option in the demo. You go into the setting and 360 controller settings.
Ahh thank you. Must have missed that. :-)
Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #130
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
They have the Always Up option in the demo. You go into the setting and 360 controller settings.
It's not the same as last year, they screwed it up the shot aiming and dekeing is all reversed.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #131
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Not for the 360, I've been playing it all this time. It's the same way as it is on 08. It may be screwed on the PS3, but not the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 3
I really never got into hockey games (last game i bought was NHL 94) before but i decided to download both hockey demos (nhl 2k9 and nhl 09) and NHL 09 is hands down much better than NHL 2K9. The gameplay flows really smoothly and the graphics are pretty crisp for the most part. I love using the right analog to shoot and do moves instead of button pressing. It really puts you in control of your player and the game overall. I think its cool too that they have NHL 94 controls, kinda weird since that was the last hockey game i bought and really enjoyed. I have to admit that this is the most fun i've had in any sports game this year. I am going to jump on the bandwagon this year and get NHL 09 and have a blast tearing up the ice.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #133
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Not for the 360, I've been playing it all this time. It's the same way as it is on 08. It may be screwed on the PS3, but not the 360.
It's not the same on the 360 either. The dekeing and shot aiming are reversed compared to last year.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 09-09-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yup, tap the RB (R1 on PS3) button when skating in a straight line. The player will push the puck ahead of him and get an extra boost of speed. I haven't had too much success using it, as I think Lubey is right in that it is only useful in certain situations. The only time I ever really used it to any advantage was when I cherry-picked a bit in BAP and got behind the defense leaving me with a clear breakaway from just inside the redline. It gave me an extra step or two to keep the D from catching up...
the best use i've found is flying down the wing with it and blowing past the defense on the outside. it's a little too easy to turn the defensman with it from what i've seen in the demo. but i'm also pretty good at turning the puck over with crappy little saucer passes due to my fat fingers pressing the button too hard
Old 09-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
If you're skating straight, tap the RB, and you'll push the puck forward a little and skate noticeably faster. However, it becomes pretty easy for the defender to get the puck, so make sure you have enough room first. They struck a nice balance of only being able to use it while you're in open ice.
That finally worked, thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #136
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It's not the same on the 360 either. The dekeing and shot aiming are reversed compared to last year.
They are if you leave setting as Camera Relative. If you switch it to Always up, the controls for shooting are Analog stick Down to Wind, Up to Shoot. If it is set the camera relative, you start with the controls be Up to Wind up, Down to Shoot.It was the same thing for 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »