Home

NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv21
umm what's stopping you from skating over to someone in front of the net and using the net presence stuff? plus the demo has been out for about an hour i don't understand how you've came to such negative conclusions especially without actually playing online.
When someone says something positive no one says anything. You say something bad about the demo, and you are too quick.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Alright, I've played two games now and I like it more and more.

At first it felt an awful lot like NHL 11, but I'm really starting to love it.
The puck physics seems much better, which leads to more realistic goals. It looks great when the goalie just barely gets a piece of the puck, but not enough to make the save.
I scored on a beautiful wrister by Kesler, but guess what. It wasn't top corner. I kept it low and Thomas couldn't get enough of it to keep it out. It looked fantastic.
The physics overall are much better as well. Hitting looks way better and it's harder than in NHL 11. I had a funny moment where I hit a player from behind and both players fell to the ice. It looked very natural.

And one more thing that I wasn't expecting at all. The crowd is amazing! The sound is brilliant, and I definitely wasn't expecting that.

With that said, this game still doesn't play a very realistic game of hockey when it comes to stick-handling, but it's still fun to play.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #19
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Crushing, crushing disappointment- No face for Brad Marchand. Absolutely crushing. I'm so sick of the gigantic lack of real faces in this game. So pissed right now. For ****s sake, they still haven't changed Thomas's generic face either and he won the Vezine and he's STILL only rated an 89. Pathetic.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

There's nothing I despise more than being FORCED to play with the awful Manual Passing. I'm not about to get into an argument over Manual Passing either. It's not that I suck at it, so save it. I just despise it. It feels so awful. If I want to pass, I want to pass it. I don't want to have to wait to "charge" it up.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Nice impressions Sharp3500 - I feel the same way.

Granted, I only played 2 games (see two periods), but I've liked what I've seen.
First, the puck physics seem to be improved. It's a lot livelier.
Also, I'm really digging the body checking physics. Numerous times I've forced guys into a small stumble, or simply pushed them over, while players like Chara react to a hit from a smaller player like I would a mosquito.

The game seems to be a lot grittier with more puck battles and loose pucks.

I know it's a small sample, but after 2 periods of play, I'm more excited for the retail version than I was before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

Just saw a great new one-time animation where the receiving player releases the puck hard and low and it's perfectly timed and looks really good. Awesome.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #23
Rookie

tgalv21's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHowe
When someone says something positive no one says anything. You say something bad about the demo, and you are too quick.
there's a difference between posting criticism and making statements about how online play is gonna be based on playing a few games of an offline demo.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #24
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a quick question since I won't play the demo until late tonight.

Is the AI D still back until running into the goalie so the opposite team can shoot at ease?

Is the AI D still go pin themselves on board without pressure?

*Assuming you can play the demo locked as a forward*

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »