Home

NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #33
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Some crappy Gameplay I recorded

Thanks for recording this.

Anyways, that goal you scored with Horton right in the beginning doesn't have me too optimistic, because it's one of those "rebound stays right in front of the goalie who doesn't even bother covering it up, then lifts his leg long enough for you to get a 90 mph shot without any weight transfer into the net" goals.

I'm downloading right now, and I'm actually looking forward to it. After all, Fiddy said something positive about it so it has to be really good.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:

I know it's just the demo, but the first goal Luongo gave there makes sick to my stomach.

Luongo stopped the puck, than stay there without moving, and when he finally decide to get up, bang, a goal five hole!

I hope it's not a trend with the AI goalie, because one of the problem in NHL 11 was AI goalie trying to freeze the puck forward and getting out of position. If the counter for that is a non-moving goalie getting up instead, ouch!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #35
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedennis
I'm downloading right now, and I'm actually looking forward to it. After all, Fiddy said something positive about it so it has to be really good.
thing is over the years since NHL 07, i have praised the game a lot.. guys just tend to ignore that bc they disagree with my complaints etc.

demo overall feels better than NHL 11, so thats obviously a good thing.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
Rookie

DCSportsFanKyle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

The second goal was a nice computer goal. In fact, it was semi-realistic.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #37
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Played a few games this morning of the Play Now:

Pros:
1)Love the fluid movements of the skaters, just seems a little more realistic imo than 11
2)PUCK PHYSICS!!! Absolutely love it. Was passing from LD to RD for a one-timer and the pass made the puck flip and when I hit the one-timer, the pucks tragectory put it in the seats because I didnt get contact with the puck because it was on it's side
3)The hits seem better imo, collisions are a little more realistic and you can hit someone and not necessarily put them on their back every single time.

Cons:
1) I really dont like the fact that I can check the goalie.....maybe just in demo that it isnt a penalty, but I checked Luongo a couple of times and didnt get called for anything. If it isnt fixed, this will really ruin OTP imo.

Yeah, one con is all I got......I really like the demo
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSportsFanKyle
The second goal was a nice computer goal. In fact, it was semi-realistic.
Except that Henrik Sedin scored it. BURRRN!
Just jokes people. Just jokes!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 12
That demo video has me really worried. Just like I have commented on in the Madden and NCAA forums, what this game needs is physics. There is no momentum or weight transfer on the shots and how they fixed the goalie issue from last year was not with physics, but by changing the animation to where Luongo just stops and let's the puck go out for a rebound. SMH. This is 2011, fifa is adding physics, why are none of the other EA games?

I played NHL 11 for about a week and took it back. Didn't buy it, just rented it. Looks like it may be similar this year.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
thing is over the years since NHL 07, i have praised the game a lot.. guys just tend to ignore that bc they disagree with my complaints etc.

demo overall feels better than NHL 11, so thats obviously a good thing.
I'd imagine its because people see your comments on 2kh.net. Which tend to be far less mature than your posts here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »