Home

NHL 13 Presentation Video and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Presentation Video and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 13 Presentation Video and Blog

Everything sounds and looks great.But could someone from EA please explain this to us.They have made MSG in New York look exactly as it is in real life but yet it`s called New York Arena. If you are going to do all that work to make an arena look realistic why not have its name as well. It`s like making a Crosby player model dead on and naming him 87C. It just doesn`t make any sense. With all these great upgrades in presentation you would think getting the naming rights to all the arenas would be the easiest to get done and make the game just a little more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #26
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

wow.... great presentation... cant wait for the demo.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #27
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 13 Presentation Overhaul Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
That's good to hear. They didn't really show the stadium in the video so there is hope. Maybe they worked something out with the Phillies???
Having rights to the Winter Classic itself may possibly grant them rights to use the stadiums and venues as well, regardless of sport or affiliation. I feel like one of the developers said that, but I don't 100% remember. It does seem to make sense though.

Quote:
With all these great upgrades in presentation you would think getting the naming rights to all the arenas would be the easiest to get done
Artists working on lighting and cutscenes have nothing to do w/ EA legal or PR or whoever working on acquiring various licenses and striking deals w/ venues to include their name in a commercially licensed product.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #28
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

The presentation looks very much improved which will make this game feel more fresh. I'm absolutely loving the front end menu. It looks really really solid. I'm just hoping it won't be laggy. Other than that concern I'm really digging it.

As far as commentary, I like that they've improved it. It will definitely sound better and hopefully make the game more entertaining. The only problem for me is that I'm just so over Thorne and Clement (my favorite announcing duo in hockey history) announcing that I'm just ready for some fresh voices. That's the only reason I'm not very excited on that front. If this new commentary would have happened a few years ago I would have been absolutely pumped. It's just that Thorne doesn't do the NHL at all anymore and Clement very rarely does for the Flyers, so it's hard for me to dig them announcing in a video game. Just my opinion on it, but I'm not trying to start this into a "who should be the next annoucer thread"

Overall though it looks so much better on every front. It finally seems like NHL has finally upgraded as a whole instead of stupid gimmick items being added that don't mean a dang thing to how the game actually plays (ex: breaking glass and fighting goalies). The core of the game finally looks like it's going in the right direction. Hopefully 13 will live up to what they're saying, and then they can take what they have with 13 and continue to just upgrade, upgrade, upgrade from here on out without getting too comfortable.

Can't wait for the demo!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 08-09-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #29
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal829
With all these great upgrades in presentation you would think getting the naming rights to all the arenas would be the easiest to get done and make the game just a little more realistic.
Although I understand that it's annoying that some teams don't have correctly named arenas (btw I'm a huge stickler on things like this), I completely understand why. While it may be easy to acquire the rights, NHL probably doesn't have the budget to get some of the bigger named arenas in the game. I'm sure they don't have the biggest budget to begin with and spending unnecessary dollars on getting Madison Square Garden in the game isn't worth it. That's at least what I take it as.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #30
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
The presentation looks very much improved

As far as commentary, I like that they've improved it. It will definitely sound better and hopefully make the game more entertaining. The only problem for me is that I'm just so over Thorne and Clement (my favorite announcing duo in hockey history) announcing that I'm just ready for some fresh voices.
Agreed Bwiggy. The presentation does look like it got a very nice upgrade. And it was time for this solid upgrade to come. Very nice EAC!

Also agree about Bill and Gary though. Like you Bwiggy...I really like them too. But dang, I can't help but think about just how much fresher the games presentation would have been with a very well done new team. Personally, I would have been thrilled if Doc and Eddy would have been apart of this update.

Like you Bwiggy...I don't mean to complain. And I think most of us understand the budget limitations the NHL team is more than likely having to deal with. But again...a new commentary team imo too, would/could have really shook things up. But I'm still happy!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #31
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

Re: NHL 13 Presentation Overhaul Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yeah, the game to me looks so much crisper. Some of those shots on goal look like a real live broadcast to me.
Yeah, I actually had to look twice ... thought they'd put some real phottage in there.

Absolutely amazing.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The new broadcast cam and the real-time replay packages are both looking sharp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »