Home

New to NHL 14 Be a GM Mode

This is a discussion on New to NHL 14 Be a GM Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: New to NHL 14 Be a GM Mode

So I just completed my first off-season with the Avalanche.

I don't understand anything about tendering an offer (what does that even mean) vs negotiating a new contract. Basically with my dynasty I am staying with Colorado and I am doing everything in house meaning no signing free agents from other teams or trading. I want to draft my players and bring them up through the system.

So after negotiating new contracts with everyone on my team that I could (I did not tender anyone because of my ignorance and wanting to keep them in house anyways), I go to the next season. Nathan MacKinnon is nowhere to be found. I looked on every other team after looking in my view lines and nowhere. Turns out he was still in my system but he played for my Junior team?

Any reason why my assistant coach would assign him to my junior team, and not keep him on the Avalanche or at least on Lake Eerie?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

tendering in offer basically if a player is a restricted free agent and not an unrestricted free agent you can tender an offer which allows you to do one of 3 things, either they will accept the offer eventually for one year, another team will give them a contract and you will get draft picks as compensation depending on the offer, or if another team offers a contract to someone you tendered to, you can choose to match which means you will sign that player to whatever offer they accepted from another team.

the reason Mackinnon wasn't assigned to AHL is because he is too young, any players that played in the CHL can not play in the AHL until they are atleast 20... when you start the season if he is set to be in the minors instead of on your NHL roster he will play junior hockey and once the season starts you can't call him up
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtroom
as far as low overall/high potential players, I usually don't even sign them until they are set to become free agents as it takes up a roster spot... if he is under contract there isn't really much you can do but try and give him AHL time

and with 4th round picks or later... it depends on the year, I have had years that nobody drafted after round four was worth it, but sometimes you can find sleepers who end up with high potential and could turn out to be good

This. Do not sign your draft picks until they are eligible to become free agents (2-3 seasons) Save your ELC (Entry Level Contract) for when they can help your AHL/NHL Squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »