Home

Any official response to the fallout?

This is a discussion on Any official response to the fallout? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Any official response to the fallout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Or the company that cares for their consumers. Although there's stil serious issues regarding their online...but still...this MLBTS is good and you can play out of the box. I am not even a baseball fan...but loving the RTS.
Yeah it is a great baseball game, night and day compared to how they launched and how EA did. I seriously do not get what happens at the Death Star's base...I mean EA.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #34
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Well Rammer may be a good guy, he just might be, but this happened on his watch so at some point he has to make a decision. Sell what EA told him to sell or do not settle for what eventually happened. At some point he has to know and at some point he had to make a decision, be a part of it or leave. he did not do the right thing but he probably made the right move for his career and you cannot really blame him for that. Regardless he can be a part of the blame because all this happened on his watch.

Take a look at another next-gen sports game "The Show" (Baseball), I bought this game this year as it was the first year for its next-gen coming out party...it has all the features I could have wanted and more. Not sure what the difference was here. Maybe a company with more scruples perhaps.
At the end of the day I am just as upset as the next fan. But could you just walk away from your job like that? I know I couldn't without having something else lined up. I have a wife and family to support, sometimes you have to suck it up and do what the bosses tell you even when you don't agree with it. Sometimes principals take a backseat to life.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Or the company that cares for their consumers. Although there's stil serious issues regarding their online...but still...this MLBTS is good and you can play out of the box. I am not even a baseball fan...but loving the RTS.
I've been growing bored with the Show over the last few years. The past few iterations have been nothing more than a roster update, a fresh coat of paint and some gimmick new throwing/swinging/pitching option. It's not a bad game but it just hasn't been offering anything new.

As for the differences between Sony and EA, I have to imagine it's easier for the Show only having to develop the game for one system. Not only that but as the feature sports title for Sony I wonder how much bigger there budget is than NHL's. Not making excuses for EAC as this was a kick in the balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 28

NHL was the one game I was most excited about. What a disappointment. Especially after Madden is way better than anticipated. Thought this was the year EA turned it around.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
At the end of the day I am just as upset as the next fan. But could you just walk away from your job like that? I know I couldn't without having something else lined up. I have a wife and family to support, sometimes you have to suck it up and do what the bosses tell you even when you don't agree with it. Sometimes principals take a backseat to life.
You are right and I did mention it would be a hard thing to do and something unlikely many would do. That being said, when you are in a position like that (upper management) and you do nothing about it, you are still as culpable as the next upper management guy. It happened on his watch. Well, what happened really? Hard to say but the results are the worst launch shenanigans I can recall in recent memory and that is saying a lot.

In the end, the fans of the game, gamers and customers were bent over, there is no sugar-coating that.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Yeah it is a great baseball game, night and day compared to how they launched and how EA did. I seriously do not get what happens at the Death Star's base...I mean EA.
Is it?

The Show online is unplayable. Unless all you play is single player modes, you can't even play The Show.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Been playing the show since 2010, the RTS mode is one of my favorites and the franchise mode is incredibly in-depth unlike some games i know.

Yet the lack of playable online game modes means nothing to you?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #40
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
Yet the lack of playable online game modes means nothing to you?
Im a grown man with a job, wife and kids. So to answer your question, yes they mean absolutely nothing to me. I barely have time to play as it is. Im an old school gamer, I could care less about playing a bunch of 10 year olds online who are probably cheating anyways. Not to mention, baseball is probably the worst sport to even attempt to play online considering how actual pitching works and the timing has to be perfect, which it never will be online between two people who are miles away from each other. Plus all i said was that I really like RTS and the franchise mode is incredibly deep, which to my account and many others, is correct information backed by fact. However, I would agree with you, the one time I tried to play a friend online was a terrible experience.

Last edited by twelveone; 09-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »