Home

NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #25
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
I see where you're coming from but it kind of is like that already. For an example in the SHL(swedish hockey league) the best players are 78-81 I believe and that kind of is the high 90s for that league. You can't go around giving people in SHL 90+ shot power just because they shoot hard for the standards in their league. It wouldn't feel realistic at all while playing with them and then playing with an nhl team and they skate, shoot etc as well as them.

I do have an idea for myself though. A form rating which would update every game in Be A GM and Be A Pro. This could give you a 2+ boost on some ratings if high enough and make you progress faster. That way you can also see who is hot in the league if you're looking to trade an on form 4th or 3rd liner or a star if your team is in need of one.
That does sound good. I just want hot and cold streaks back in BaGM. It added so much to the mode. That, along with goalie fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

It will never happen again. However, we need ratings scales like this. Everyone is way to close in ratings in all of the recent NHL games.

http://nhlpa93.nhl94.com/teams/bos.php
Old 01-20-2015, 01:55 AM   #27
Rookie

azy19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
It will never happen again. However, we need ratings scales like this. Everyone is way to close in ratings in all of the recent NHL games.

http://nhlpa93.nhl94.com/teams/bos.php
Tie Domi at 20?!?!?! What is this madness?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
I hope that the half-assed effort put into NHL 15 bodes well for the return EASHL, Franchise, create-a-player, player editing, and other details for NHL 16.
I'd be really surprised if they didn't add in a better franchise, player editing and EASHL after the amount of have they've gotten, but create a player is already in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
I see where you're coming from but it kind of is like that already. For an example in the SHL(swedish hockey league) the best players are 78-81 I believe and that kind of is the high 90s for that league. You can't go around giving people in SHL 90+ shot power just because they shoot hard for the standards in their league. It wouldn't feel realistic at all while playing with them and then playing with an nhl team and they skate, shoot etc as well as them.

I do have an idea for myself though. A form rating which would update every game in Be A GM and Be A Pro. This could give you a 2+ boost on some ratings if high enough and make you progress faster. That way you can also see who is hot in the league if you're looking to trade an on form 4th or 3rd liner or a star if your team is in need of one.
I'd obviously also make them go down in rating.

Last edited by azy19; 01-20-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #28
Rookie

DesertDogs98's Arena

Great roster update, much needed. Wish Tarasenko and Yandle were a bit better, but at least Forsberg and Gaudreau got ratings they deserve.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #29
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Ratings continue to be a problem with this game. There's no real separation between ratings. Mike Smith at an 85? Mike Richards at an 82? The same Mike Richards who had been demoted to forth line?

It's like EA wants to keep the players happy and not deal with "Hey why was my rating so low?" stuff.

The reason why Simple Mathematics and his Revamped project worked incredibly well was because ratings seemed to matter. There was a large difference between a fourth line player and a first line player.

What will end up happening years into GM mode is the same that always happened...the FA pool will be loaded with low 80s players and young kids never develop.

Last edited by Pezell04x; 01-25-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #30
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

82 rated Mike Richards has been put on waivers.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #31
Just started!

Hallo everybody, I just want to ask if can somebody put that roster file downloadable. I'm having some problems with EA downloading. Thank you very much guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »