Home

NHL 17 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Wishlist Thread within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #25
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
re: NHL 17 Wishlist Thread

A small gameplay related change I would like to see is being able to set your breakout strategy outside of the game itself. I also hate that cutscenes sometimes do not allow you to nake strategy adjustments during them - that is the one time I have to make those adjustments without pausing the game to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #26
Just started!

orca_peter's Arena

NHL is by far my favorite sports video game and I would like to see the Winter Classic mode added to NHL 17. Another feature that I would like to see added is a create-a-team mode. Whether you can add custom players or only players on NHL roster doesn't matter, the first step in my mind is bringing this mode back. It would be awesome if you could create a similar system to Team Builder to create custom NHL teams.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #27
Rookie

bradbitte's Arena

Legends & classic teams like nba2k did

Total customization with vintage stuff

Improve gameplay (skating, net scrumbles, checks)

Seriously, what is new in nhl 16? In nhl 2k8 to 2k10 you have beards series, classic team, multiple collision physics, you can skate with the cup to celebrate, drive the zamboni, customize your player (from skates to teeth)... and it was 6 years ago. C'mon EA
Old 02-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #28
Rookie

Hey guys just posted in the impressions thread because I'm not sure where to post this question.

Can you play co-op online (2 separate consoles) vs the A.I, or does it have to be 6v6?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #29
MVP

My biggest wish (and has been for years) is to be able to edit players names so I can create classic rosters. Also classic equipment and ability to not wear helmet. A team rebranding like in NBA 2K16 would also be great.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Bring back the CHL Prospects Game and playable practice mode for Be A GM Mode

Custom Draft Classes

Draft Lottery

Team Builder style Create A Team or ability to relocate teams

Last edited by BJNT; 02-08-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #31
Rookie

I don't know if EA actually reads this, but here goes:

-Full roster editor like other sports games. Give us the chance to at least make close to real faces if you aren't going to include them in the game.
-Real coaches.
-Ability to share rosters. I don't keep up with NHL transactions all the time and for the most part, only make the major changes. Allow us to download the rosters of those who are more faithful to transactions.
-More accurate faces and goalie masks. I understand that all goalie masks can't be included because of licensing issues, but at least try to make them resemble what they wear on ice. Many of the generics in the game are putrid.
-Presentation needs a lot of work from the generic commentary to the arena sounds. Since we have a Play Now option with up-to-date scheduling, the commentary from Doc and Eddie should reflect on what happened the game before like the NBA2K series who has executed this flawlessly. Also, the commentary should talk about notable storylines from the previous season and coming into the year for the team you're playing with at the time. Arena sounds should focus on what fans do. At MSG for example, you have random guys whistle (or attempt to when they're drunk) and the crowd responds "Potvin sucks!" Little things like that will take the game to the next level.
-More throwback jerseys. How wasn't Arizona's Kachina themed jerseys in the game?
-Winter Classic, Stadium Series and Heritage Classic games
-Classic/Legendary teams
-Actual 3 Stars of the Game presentation
-Implement the face scan technology used for NBA Live's CAP mode so that we can use our real face in BAP.
-More generic arenas. Every minor/junior team doesn't play in the same styled arena. The Milwaukee Admirals play in professional arena fit for NHL play.
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by jhawk826; 02-08-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #32
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I would love the addition of icon switching like the old 2k hockey games had (which they removed for some reason in 2k9 and 2k10).

It was such a great tool. I don't like controlling defensemen in single player. But sometimes it takes me literally 3 or more changes before I finally get a guy I can settle one, not that I wanted, but will work.

The icon switch was so good. Hit the modifier and icon switch, the the button of your player (buttons were always by position, x was always center, etc) and boom. No waste of time, not constant trying to get a guy I can settle on.

I can get the guy I want, when I want him. Def a necessary add.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »