Home

How good is this game?

This is a discussion on How good is this game? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How good is this game?

Coming from someone who has high expectations for the NHL series, as a hardcore hockey fan, it's decent. If you're a ****** fan, you might love it. My issues are getting realistic stats across the board (I'm a stat geek) and other than that, it's really fun. Especially online in EASHL. Offline is solid too. Be a Pro is eh, (again my complaint is stats) as in sometimes the sim engine doesn't generate goals when I'm not on the ice, but other than that Be a Pro is usually a blast. You can always play classic periods, as quick as 3 minute periods and you can go to the bench or hop on the ice whenever you want. Franchise, I don't really know. I played a lot of Franchise (GM mode then) on NHL 16, and I loved it. Haven't played more than 20 minutes of Franchise mode this year but people seem to really enjoy it.

It's worth the $60. If you're waiting for Black Friday, and it comes down to $20, it's more than worth it.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #10
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
Coming from someone who has high expectations for the NHL series, as a hardcore hockey fan, it's decent. If you're a ****** fan, you might love it. My issues are getting realistic stats across the board (I'm a stat geek) and other than that, it's really fun. Especially online in EASHL. Offline is solid too. Be a Pro is eh, (again my complaint is stats) as in sometimes the sim engine doesn't generate goals when I'm not on the ice, but other than that Be a Pro is usually a blast. You can always play classic periods, as quick as 3 minute periods and you can go to the bench or hop on the ice whenever you want. Franchise, I don't really know. I played a lot of Franchise (GM mode then) on NHL 16, and I loved it. Haven't played more than 20 minutes of Franchise mode this year but people seem to really enjoy it.

It's worth the $60. If you're waiting for Black Friday, and it comes down to $20, it's more than worth it.
Yeah if it's around 20-30$ I'll probably cop it.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2016, 06:22 AM   #11
Banned

Little of topic, but 20-$30 would be fair price, if you already own Nhl 16 imo.

Then if you own Nhl 15, 40- $50 should be price for 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #12
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

I skipped this year, waiting to see how NHL 18 turns out and it'll have the Las Vegas team.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Truthfully its mediocre but if you love hockey and find cool people to play with its pretty good but definitely no mlb the show or 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »