Home

How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18

This is a discussion on How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2017, 11:08 PM   #57
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yeah I love the screen shake!
Yes the screen shake is reminiscent of NCAA college football game that did this. It is a great detail that has been added
Old 06-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #58
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I don't feel as though the between action scenes are organic. Score a goal? Here's a cut to your bench with the guy bumping everyone's gloves. Same animation every time but with different players. This is one example, but pretty much all the cutaways are like that to an extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It's definitely a part of the NHL series biggest flaw for me, which is drawing me into the game. I haven't been able to last more than 3 months with any of the last 4 NHL games because after a short amount of time, I just end up incredibly bored with it.

There's nothing really happening around the league, I know nothing about which teams are fighting for which spots unless I go and scroll through the Standings page, which is boring. There's just no real excitement in the game. Tarasenko looks the same scoring his 5th of the preseason as he does scoring the game winner in Game 7 OT for the cup. Everyone skates the same, every team plays the same...it just slowly becomes a grinding game of me enduring the unchanging scenery on the screen.

Even creating my own team last year ended in disappointment when I waited a whole season to finally move the team, designed the uniforms (Oh, and that small mistake you didn't notice...well, it's permanent now. No changes) and got the team ready, and then...that's it. We're in the new stadium. No fanfare for the first game, no real mention of it...just a new stadium. That ignores the frustration at being stuck with a sad list of team names and an ever sadder list of team logos to choose from, because I couldn't name my team The Fox, but Fear the Beard and Deke and Destroy were an option. I also couldn't do my own logo, so I had to settle on being yet another Wolves team, and going with some boring wolf head logo.

The NHL series has been sadly stagnant over the past few years, and I'm really hoping that NHL 18 can take a giant leap forward, before I lose faith in the series entirely and just give up. This is the year it has to work.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #59
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the Presentation side of things is a really good base to build on, that needs small tweaks and improvements.

I would like to see the following:

More dynamic crowd noise, and atmosphere for games. Crowd noise should be louder than it is right now, and it should be cranked up another level for the playoffs.

More overlays during cut scenes, and just give us more stats in general of players on the ice.

A news ticker at the bottom with news from around the league (new injuries, career moments, and scores with starting goalie and his w-l)

Commentary about a coach our GM being on the hot-seat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »