Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:10 AM   #81
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
If this is the case, you're all in trouble...
Uh oh. Lol. I pretty much abandoned using it in UFC because it was so sluggish. I only used it when I wanted some style points. Most guys online only did the **** where they leaned back when they were rocked because it was impossible to hit them with a head shot. It'll be nice to utilize some head movement like in Fight Night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 04:18 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0

1. Not familiar with FN sway system, but I used the sways quite effectively to make a guy miss and counter. There are a few guys who actually do extra dmg. That way. A more responsive system wher strikes can flow better from it will be much appreciated if that's what the FN system is.

2 Universe mode ...yes only one game has done it. Well not really. We keep sayin universe mode. But what most people want is more like season mode that is in every successful sports franchise. Universe mode in wwe has a bunch of things that we don't need like rivalry, partnerships, branding etc. for season mode all you need is to take career mode and allow us to use multiple fighters and set the fight cards. done. You can even get rid of the training and make all fighters progress on auto. It would be an acceptable start point. Or just make championships and rankings hold within the internal roster impacted by event mode results.

I think they don't need to set the bar super high. Now the longer we wait the bar gets higher.

Now..,with that said. Making fighter specific AI tendencies will be super important to make this game. If I were them I would Only focus on those two things next rev cycle.

Last edited by MLBUFC; 11-16-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #83
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Man, no PC version? That's a bummer
Old 11-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #84
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
The THQ UFC games were some of my favorite sports games each year, I sunk hundreds of hours into them. I was excited when EA took over development because as much as I loved Undisputed it needed a new direction as it was getting stale. I wanted to love the EA version so badly and gave it many chances but in the end the control system was just too much. All the changes in the world won't matter if they still have the overly complex control system and the Simon like submission system. I shouldn't have to press 23 different button combinations to execute different kicks.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #85
MVP

Maybe I'm misremembering, but as I recall the striking control scheme for the THQ games was very similar to the EA game. The biggest difference I can think of is that you don't need to hold a modified for a head kick. The striking control scheme is actually about as simple as I think you could make it while still letting the player control what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #86
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Maybe I'm misremembering, but as I recall the striking control scheme for the THQ games was very similar to the EA game. The biggest difference I can think of is that you don't need to hold a modified for a head kick. The striking control scheme is actually about as simple as I think you could make it while still letting the player control what they do.
You are right the control scheme was very close to THQ's except for the multiple strike modifiers. I'll say one thing about striking but I cant go into details. There have been some changes and for the most part I like the changes.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #87
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Are there standing elbow strikes like Holly Holm was doing to Ronda Rousey ? I don't think ever been in a MMA game.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #88
MVP

There are definitely elbow strikes. I can't name any fighters with them off the top of my head but they're not really that rare. I think they're usually thrown by being close and using the "strong" modified without pressing forward or back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »