Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #89
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogUFC
Reallly? You are the guy who they elected as a game changer? You are clearly just a a *****? What cool idea do you have? As long as I have been on here I have only seen you shoot down ideas and play the role of company man. Looking back at your previous posts this is your clear MO. I guess it is easier to shoot ideas down then to come up with something. Good luck with that.
They chose me as a GameChanger because I've been on this board helping with the game. You've been here a week so you dont know any of this. I dont have to justify my role on this site or as a gamechanger to you. The work I've done stands on its own.

Look, your idea is a ****ty idea. It just is. I'm not being a *****. Its been done before. UFC 3 did a version of it and no one played it. Thats why you dont see a big demand for people to bring back that mode. Universe mode is a new (for an MMA game) and good idea. See....I like good ideas. Your idea isnt good.

Instead of actually debating that point (or the other points I made) you choose to call me a *****. Why? Because you cant argue why your idea is a good idea.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They chose me as a GameChanger because I've been on this board helping with the game. You've been here a week so you dont know any of this. I dont have to justify my role on this site or as a gamechanger to you. The work I've done stands on its own.

Look, your idea is a ****ty idea. It just is. I'm not being a *****. Its been done before. UFC 3 did a version of it and no one played it. Thats why you dont see a big demand for people to bring back that mode. Universe mode is a new (for an MMA game) and good idea. See....I like good ideas. Your idea isnt good.

Instead of actually debating that point (or the other points I made) you choose to call me a *****. Why? Because you cant argue why your idea is a good idea.
Yea I'm with aholbert on this one. I would go no where a legends/MMA history type mode. And the people at EA probably have numbers from that THQ that show that Pride mode was barely played. Now a universe mode I would definitely play even if it was barebones. Meaning just rankings and PPVs with no rivalries, fight build ups, weigh-ins, etc.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #91
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I'm with aholbert on this one. I would go no where a legends/MMA history type mode. And the people at EA probably have numbers from that THQ that show that Pride mode was barely played. Now a universe mode I would definitely play even if it was barebones. Meaning just rankings and PPVs with no rivalries, fight build ups, weigh-ins, etc.
One Thing: Pride mode was popular. Hardcore MMA fans loved it.

What alot of people dont remember is UFC3 also had a greatest fight mode that no one played. Its similar to MaddogUFC's idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 08:25 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:

What alot of people dont remember is UFC3 also had a greatest fight mode that no one played. Its similar to MaddogUFC's idea.
OK, I don't think I played it. Just going off what I read from you and probably mixed the 2 up.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I couldn't agree more. That's the one thing i'm dying for in a UFC game. Being able to serve as Dana White or the matchmakers in some capacity, doing press conferences/interviews ala NBA 2K16, rankings, rivalries, weigh ins, etc etc. I cant think of one feature or mode that would draw me in more.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #94
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Nothing is finalized yet but I doubt it given the control the UFC likes to have over the roster.

Fair enough. Can you give us an idea of who was responsible for the attributes and abilities this year. Ea guys, UFC guys, or maybe a combination of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #95
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Fair enough. Can you give us an idea of who was responsible for the attributes and abilities this year. Ea guys, UFC guys, or maybe a combination of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A mix. The Gamechangers had a big influence on the perks and the perk levels but we had no input on the ratings. I believe the ratings are done by EA but the UFC has the final say over them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #96
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Pride mode was awesome. Tournaments especially are great fun.

I'd have a problem with them implementing so much time and effort into a mode that you'd only go through once. The concept of a legends training mode is reasonable but with all the effort to get those fighters (and maybe companies) licensed, I think resources could be better aren't elsewhere.

What it will say is that people who've barely been around should not turn up and post like their opinion is the best and that everyone else is wrong. Why do people not realise that you can debate constructively without slagging people off?

Especially when someone like aholbert has worked on and played the game and knows a ton more than you do...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »