Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #49
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Anyway to check a person's connection strength before a match?
Old 12-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #50
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

Are the rankings in the game?

Chelsea FC
Old 12-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you pull guard? If so and once the AI succeeds at this, do they try to stand up?
This was the biggest pet peeve in UFC Undisputed 2. A BJJ master will pull guard from the clinch and immediately try to kick you off...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

I stayed away from here way too long and now I'm catching up...

QUESTIONS~!

* Do straights now have stopping power? Or is there at least now a "power straight" to go along with the straights from the first game? That they were treated like jabs power-wise was a huge flaw in the first game's striking.

* Are there move ratings for each fighter like Undisputed 3 had? For example, does Ryan LaFlare have a better body kick than the average fighter?

* I guess tying into the last question, are there more abilities than before? Attacking the base, razor wired, etc.

* Are parries overhauled in any way besides just tightening the system up, like left and right parries?

* How much kick catching were you seeing against the AI? Did it still happen too often with high kicks? (Keeping in mind the AI isn't complete)

* Were you surprised when you heard the game will be out at the beginning of Spring? That shocked me after last time, where "Spring" meant "last Tuesday of Spring."

* Would you say that overall, EA has added in the type of things where Undisputed 3 was better (positional variety, move variety, cage walking, etc) while also making their own improvements like the new grappling system?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
I stayed away from here way too long and now I'm catching up...

QUESTIONS~!

* Do straights now have stopping power? Or is there at least now a "power straight" to go along with the straights from the first game? That they were treated like jabs power-wise was a huge flaw in the first game's striking.

Cant answer striking questions yet but this was one of the most discussed things with the Gamechangers and the Devs

* Are there move ratings for each fighter like Undisputed 3 had? For example, does Ryan LaFlare have a better body kick than the average fighter?

I cant speak to LaFlare's ratings but moves do have levels this year.

* I guess tying into the last question, are there more abilities than before? Attacking the base, razor wired, etc.

More and different abilities in UFC 2

* Are parries overhauled in any way besides just tightening the system up, like left and right parries?

Cant discuss striking yet.

* How much kick catching were you seeing against the AI? Did it still happen too often with high kicks? (Keeping in mind the AI isn't complete)

Cant discuss striking but I didnt think that was an issue in UFC 1. Only occurred when the person throwing the strike was gassed

* Were you surprised when you heard the game will be out at the beginning of Spring? That shocked me after last time, where "Spring" meant "last Tuesday of Spring."

I know the current tentative date (its not the date that BJ Penn announced unless they changed it) and I was shocked. When I went to see the game the first time I was expecting a Summer release.

* Would you say that overall, EA has added in the type of things where Undisputed 3 was better (positional variety, move variety, cage walking, etc) while also making their own improvements like the new grappling system?

I say its a mix. I prefer the grappling in UFC 2 but I think UFC 3 had a few more options like butterfly guard.

Thanks!
Answers in red.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:57 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Answers in red.
Whoops missed the "can't talk about striking" stuff earlier.

Thanks! And we'd better get to play when get our review copies this time.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 1

One other thing I thought of: For primarily ground/submission fighters did you notice if they spam takedowns? It was a problem at launch for 1 but they toned it down quite a bit with a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #56
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
One other thing I thought of: For primarily ground/submission fighters did you notice if they spam takedowns? It was a problem at launch for 1 but they toned it down quite a bit with a patch.
I did not see that. With that said, I dont have enough information yet. Keep in mind, I only had about 1 day to play the newest build and only the WW (and only select ones) had the AI and Movesets fully installed. The only one who was a grappler was GSP and as we all know he is a well rounded fighter. He shot for takedowns but also kept it standing for large portions of the fight.

What I want to see is a guy like Maia with his AI installed. If he isnt spamming takedowns and is intelligently attempting takedowns, I'll be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »