Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2016, 03:39 PM   #409
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Beta Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The denial window for the arm drag in half guard is 84 ticks long, and the window for the re-guard is 46. So the arm drag should be considerably easier to deny with full stamina/no grapple advantage.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but go into practice mode with a friend, get into half guard and hold RT.

Have him try a bunch of arm drags, and defend using just the HUD.

Should be super easy.

If you can do that, you just need to translate that experience into reacting to the animation.

Perhaps you are reacting too late, and need to pick up the arm dropping as opposed to the arm coming across?

I don't know what else it could be.

But stripping away the animations and using just the HUD will simplify the experience and give you practice at the timing, making the act of denying against the animation feel more familiar.

I think.
It's funny you said that, I failed to mention that in my first post I spent a good hour in practice mode. Now I didn't have someone here to do the exact process you are suggesting but I did practice with the CPU entirely on the ground and it was the same.

I highly doubt it's a "speed" issue of how fast I'm attempting the denial, my first thought was I must be preemptively attempting the denial, basically being too quick. Once I focused completely on hitting it AFTER the pass is attempted was when I noticed it's not a timing issue. So my next line of thought, I must be pressing the wrong direction with the right stick. This is when I started attempting multiple directions with the RS on certain passes which I just could never deny. I was still met with certain passes that I simply can't deny, ever. No matter the stamina amount, the player used, the timing of the button press, or direction of the right stick....it's simply an automatic pass against me.

Last night I repeatedly had people take my back over and over again when I was in dom-half guard. I would then easily transition back to dom-full guard, then to dom-half guard, and the process would repeat with them taking my back again. It's the transition where they roll from the bottom, out from under and around to being on top.

I could stop the transition pretty much over and over again the one where they push the dom's knee back into full guard. Going the other direction was a complete no go. What made it even more frustrating, I'm pretty sure that is a major pass from the bottom(maybe a sweep).

Now many can account for my skill level here, I'm not the best in the world by any means but I'm pretty damn solid. I understand the systems in place and how they are functioning, but for some reason, certain passes just seem impossible to deny. Hell, I really should say maintaining any position (lay and pray) seems impossible.

If the beta is still open when I get home after work, I'd love to lab with someone!!! (PS4)
Old 02-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #410
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
It's funny you said that, I failed to mention that in my first post I spent a good hour in practice mode. Now I didn't have someone here to do the exact process you are suggesting but I did practice with the CPU entirely on the ground and it was the same.

I highly doubt it's a "speed" issue of how fast I'm attempting the denial, my first thought was I must be preemptively attempting the denial, basically being too quick. Once I focused completely on hitting it AFTER the pass is attempted was when I noticed it's not a timing issue. So my next line of thought, I must be pressing the wrong direction with the right stick. This is when I started attempting multiple directions with the RS on certain passes which I just could never deny. I was still met with certain passes that I simply can't deny, ever. No matter the stamina amount, the player used, the timing of the button press, or direction of the right stick....it's simply an automatic pass against me.

Last night I repeatedly had people take my back over and over again when I was in dom-half guard. I would then easily transition back to dom-full guard, then to dom-half guard, and the process would repeat with them taking my back again. It's the transition where they roll from the bottom, out from under and around to being on top.

I could stop the transition pretty much over and over again the one where they push the dom's knee back into full guard. Going the other direction was a complete no go. What made it even more frustrating, I'm pretty sure that is a major pass from the bottom(maybe a sweep).

Now many can account for my skill level here, I'm not the best in the world by any means but I'm pretty damn solid. I understand the systems in place and how they are functioning, but for some reason, certain passes just seem impossible to deny. Hell, I really should say maintaining any position (lay and pray) seems impossible.

If the beta is still open when I get home after work, I'd love to lab with someone!!! (PS4)
Stupid question...can you perform the arm drag yourself?

Just wondering if your controller is busted in that direction or something weird like that.

There's really nothing special about that pass. I can't explain what you're experiencing.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #411
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

I'm not seeing it from that position, Phobia. I've found denying the reversal from DOM half guard to be pretty easy. When I give it up, Its because I'm trying to transition and not focusing on denying.

I was using Rick Story the other night and spent practially two rounds in side control and half guard just by mixing in posters up, denies and transitions. I wish I got the chance to play you before they turned the beta off online so that we could lab.

Are you feeling a vibration when you attempt to deny? GPD, correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the controller vibrate if you transition the wrong way?

FYI, I'm having trouble stopping the escape from DOM mount when my opponent would spam the escape but I believe thats a fixable bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #412

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Are you feeling a vibration when you attempt to deny? GPD, correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the controller vibrate if you transition the wrong way?
That's correct.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #413
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Stupid question...can you perform the arm drag yourself?

Just wondering if your controller is busted in that direction or something weird like that.

There's really nothing special about that pass. I can't explain what you're experiencing.
No, the controller is in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not seeing it from that position, Phobia. I've found denying the reversal from DOM half guard to be pretty easy. When I give it up, Its because I'm trying to transition and not focusing on denying.

I was using Rick Story the other night and spent practially two rounds in side control and half guard just by mixing in posters up, denies and transitions. I wish I got the chance to play you before they turned the beta off online so that we could lab.

FYI, I'm having trouble stopping the escape from DOM mount when my opponent would spam the escape but I believe thats a fixable bug.
I don't believe I did Aholbert, but isn't the vibration for when you are attempting to "sweep" the right stick? Another words a means of knowing when to attempt the perfect transition if you have the hud off and trying to utilize the old sweep style.

So the beta is off already?
Old 02-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #414
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
That's correct.
This is good to know, wish I could have one more day to test this after work! I got in the beta to damn late

Last edited by Phobia; 02-04-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #415

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
No, the controller is in good shape.

I don't believe I did Aholbert, but isn't the vibration for when you are attempting to "sweep" the right stick? Another words a means of knowing when to attempt the perfect transition if you have the hud off and trying to utilize the old sweep style.

So the beta is off already?
It vibrates in both cases but the feel is different.

The wrong denial vibration should feel like a violent "NO!"

The perfect swoop vibration should feel like a gentle "Now..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #416
Rookie

Is it over now?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »