Home

PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 02:51 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
The way I feel about this, is I love PES 2016, as a mather of fact I think graphic wise it is leaps and bounds above FIFA 16 (which to me when I played the DEMO, the graphics really took to take a major step backwards compared to the same FIFA 16 game I localized for EA in Madrid). The licences can be taken care of on PS4 for PES, but what bothers me about the game is the obvious:

- really really poor foul system
- and thus a lack of free kicks which is so important in a soccer game
- outdated in-game menus
- no stats about players in the game
- AI never misses a pass
- no sliders
- no license for the Europa League. Well they do, but they forgot to implement the official layout for in-game ticker and lineups
- less stadiums then the PS2-era

Konami wants to make a great game, but are missing out on some serious soccer related things. I feel it is incompetence from the developers. Too focusses on gameplay and missing out on all the other stuff surrounding it. And focussing on gameplay, but do nothing about the fouls, is really troublesome. Last point: they told on Twitter to take feedback from the demo and use the feedback to improve the game, but the main game plays exactly like the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 03:24 AM   #26
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4)

Indeed. The game has true potential since those PS2 days but sadly the lack of fouls, the IQ of these god dang Goalkeepers, the lack of Stadiums, not even Nou Camp? C'mon...all these issues are troubling, besides the obvious license that can easily be taken care of for us PS4 users

I really hope Konami can patch this, either way...great review! Nails it right in the head...and it's a great time to be a Football fan for sure, great games comin' out this year. It's unfortunate that people always have to get in arguments because of FIFA or PES, appreciate both of them!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13
where is j-league??????
Old 09-22-2015, 04:31 AM   #28

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
where is j-league??????
Why do you keep asking for the J League? Its only available in Asian markets and I'm not even sure if they even have that license anymore.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 AM   #29
Rookie

Been enjoying PES16, I just love how fluid the game goes. Also how different teams and different styles, there are certain teams like AC Milan that I just cant play as, but others suit me great. Also makes it interesting when playing vs AI when they might be possession, counter or pumping long balls.

Konami have tried to help regarding getting correct names, shirts etc in the game. I hear there hands were tired with sharing files as the files are linked to your psn, something along those lines.

I'm not sure what can be done licensing for PES series, its either stump up tons of cash or make it easy to edit. If Fifa and PES had the same leagues and teams, EA know what would happen

PES 16 feels a patch or two away from being perfect gameplay
Old 09-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #30
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
The way I feel about this, is I love PES 2016, as a mather of fact I think graphic wise it is leaps and bounds above FIFA 16 (which to me when I played the DEMO, the graphics really took to take a major step backwards compared to the same FIFA 16 game I localized for EA in Madrid). The licences can be taken care of on PS4 for PES, but what bothers me about the game is the obvious:

- really really poor foul system
- and thus a lack of free kicks which is so important in a soccer game
- outdated in-game menus
- no stats about players in the game
- AI never misses a pass
- no sliders
- no license for the Europa League. Well they do, but they forgot to implement the official layout for in-game ticker and lineups
- less stadiums then the PS2-era

Konami wants to make a great game, but are missing out on some serious soccer related things. I feel it is incompetence from the developers. Too focusses on gameplay and missing out on all the other stuff surrounding it. And focussing on gameplay, but do nothing about the fouls, is really troublesome. Last point: they told on Twitter to take feedback from the demo and use the feedback to improve the game, but the main game plays exactly like the demo.
I agree with a lot of this. For those who've played PES, it seems to hold a special place in people's hearts and memories. I am surprised it reviewed so well for all the reasons you stated above. Even though, overall, I feel FIFA has much better graphics. Scanned faces in FIFA aren't as good as PES but at least everyone doesn't have the same looking body.

PES just feels like an unfinished product in so many ways. I remember NHL getting torn apart despite great gameplay because barebones modes and menus, yet it is overlooked in PES. Playing PES, I rarely feel truly immersed because of the graphics and lack of presentation.

I'm not saying PES is a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. It plays a solid game of soccer. I'm just comparing it to the other soccer game on the market, and sports games in general. They just seem to get a pass in areas where other sports games don't. I'll probably wait for it to go on discount to pick it up.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #31
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

People act like on FIFA you can't dribble down the wing on Legendary difficulty, cut in on your strong foot and, pace past defenders into the box and knock in the ball with a power shot far corner consistently when ever you need a goal against the A.I.. Can you not? Guess it was only me.

I don't get the double standard.

ANY sports game has elements of exploits, especially when playing against the CPU and if you continuously choose to be a cheeser thats on you.

but I get it, FIFA is better. Love them Dannish & Belgian league licenses & Amazingly beautiful menu. Career mode is spot on with the ability to sign 10 quality youth products a year with that amazing Youth System. Gotta love them sliders to turn an arcade game into a sim and even then, every team plays the same & CPU players are toothless afraid to shoot. Fav part is when two players bump into each other and they fall down all mangled together, great physics. Oh & Theo Walcott is god like in fifa online universe, spot on. No flaws. 10/10. Would buy two copies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 6

I love the presentation of FIFA and I love the gameplay of PES. I will admit both games have their flaws. I just think especiallycompared to a series like the SHOW we should demand more as fans from both FIFA and PES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »