Home

Madden 06 ratings in NFL 2k5?

This is a discussion on Madden 06 ratings in NFL 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Madden 06 ratings in NFL 2k5?

Will it work to edit the 2k5 player ratings using the Madden 06 ratings?

I will keep the attributes unique to 2k5 the same (run route, run coverage, aggression etc), but I will change the attributes both games have in common (speed, agility, tackle, brk tackle, strength etc) to the Madden 06 ratings.

Will this have a substantial effect on gameplay? How about the franchise mode (think generated rookies)?

I am doing this because the 2k5 ratings, primarily for RB, are absolutely horrendous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 06 ratings in NFL 2k5?

Personally, I wouldn't just take them and copy them over. In 2k5 the overall ratings are very spread out. A starting WR could be as low as a 75 in 2k5. In Madden they seem more bunched together, with a lot of guys rated the same.

I never did any detailed analysis of it, just IMO Madden seems to rate guys closer together, while 2k5 has a lot players in the 70s and 60s.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't see how this could work, the way the two games rate players is very different. But you could use Madden as a sort of general guideline, i.e. to see who seems signifcantly better or worse from last season.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
Banned

Yep it isn't going to work. I just did a couple players and Kevan Barlow is rated 97 overall.

It wouldnt be a problem but the incoming rookies would then be rated way too low compared to the guys I edited in franchise mode. Also it would be hard to guage a guys overall value because the overall ratings would be so high.

This is really a big downer for me. I dont know if im going to continue to play this game anymore.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

ESPN is seriously lightyears ahead of Madden in terms of ratings programming. In ESPN, there are 4 ratings which provide a player with his own personal intangibles and gives him a truly distict feel outside of his raw abilities.

-leadership
-aggressivness
-composure
-consistency

these four together help to distiguish different "types" of players and not just fast/slow, good/bad hands, arm, strength between players.

The only intangible rating in madden is awareness, and this is way too generalized and unknown in its actual gameplay function (outside of the vision cone for QB's).

I do not see how it is even feesible to convert rating between games because madden's are much simpler in design than ESPN's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
ESPN is seriously lightyears ahead of Madden in terms of ratings programming. In ESPN, there are 4 ratings which provide a player with his own personal intangibles and gives him a truly distict feel outside of his raw abilities.

-leadership
-aggressivness
-composure
-consistency

these four together help to distiguish different "types" of players and not just fast/slow, good/bad hands, arm, strength between players.

The only intangible rating in madden is awareness, and this is way too generalized and unknown in its actual gameplay function (outside of the vision cone for QB's).

I do not see how it is even feesible to convert rating between games because madden's are much simpler in design than ESPN's.
Yes but ESPN is not even close to accurate with regards to speed, agility, strength, and break tackle. There is no way Tiki Barber has a break tackle of 87 (highest in the game). Terrell Owens has a higher break tackle than Preist Holmes and Edgerrin James. Jerome Bettis has a strength rating of 55. Stephen Jackson has more agility than Marshall Faulk. Deuce McCallister and Brian Westbrook have agility ratings below 70.

Last edited by mavsman27; 08-19-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Thats what makes Finn's editor that much more sweet
Global edits my friends, haha.

But augustus hit it right on the head. These ratings are so much more complex than a person would think. I love it
Old 08-19-2005, 11:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
Yes but ESPN is not even close to accurate with regards to speed, agility, strength, and break tackle. There is no way Tiki Barber has a break tackle of 87 (highest in the game). Terrell Owens has a higher break tackle than Preist Holmes and Edgerrin James. Jerome Bettis has a strength rating of 55. Stephen Jackson has more agility than Marshall Faulk. Deuce McCallister and Brian Westbrook have agility ratings below 70.
oh I agree 100% bro, and that is the real problem with ESPN's ratings-the are horribly inconsistent, but like nickchew said, that can be easily fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »