Home

i played 2k5 for the first time today

This is a discussion on i played 2k5 for the first time today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: i played 2k5 for the first time today

I remember playing these games when they released, and the 2k series was always "light years" ahead of madden. I went back recently and played both again, they still are amazing games. The obvious issue is the fact they are outdated with so many of the new advancements in gaming, I can only imagine how amazing our football games would be right now if 2k was in the picture all this time. Even for Madden fans, their games would almost certainly be better due to the pressure of the competition.

It's unfortunate this exclusive contract with EA and the NFL was ever created and allowed, all it's done is degrade the quality of the game. I for one have not bought a madden game since 2004, but have tried a number of the demos on XBox over the years, and every time disappointed in their game.

From reading the OP comments, it sounds like he just likes simpler games and controls, which is fine for some, but to say Madden is a better product is laughable. If Madden truly was a better game, EA would never have entered into the exclusive contract with the NFL.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #18
Rookie

I agree. There's some good stuff in Madden but the deal ruined everything. EA knew they had to do something. 2k got screwed. I find sticking to the older games mostly because the newer one's I don't care for. It would of been interesting to see what could of been if 2k continued.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #19
Rookie

I played NFL 2K5 on PS2 for the first time in years, and I was blown away by how much better everything about the presentation and gameplay was than Madden 25 on my 360.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #20
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
The issue with the OP's perspective was that he was playing it on PS2. A totally different experience on the XBOX.

I still believe the biggest reason (by far) that people aren't impressed with 2k5 is because they played it on PS2.
Having a PS2 didn't stop me from enjoying 2K5. I still play it from time to time, and was actually just thinking about starting up again with the default roster.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Having a PS2 didn't stop me from enjoying 2K5. I still play it from time to time, and was actually just thinking about starting up again with the default roster.
I have the ps2 and the xbox version. He is correct though, the xbox version is so much better. The game is much more smooth. The ps2 has a motion effect to it and its not as smooth.

Best played in 4:3 tube tv on original xbox IMO. But thats just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1

I love my PS2 version...jerks!

I bought the external HDD so I could get video replays during halftime and postgame, yeah I know XBOB did it by default but I did not own the console.

Love it 2k5 on PS2! too scared to play on XBOX...
Old 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Well crap...I just bought Xbox version to see...I have to know! I totally spaced XBOX 360 can play XBOX games and took alot of time to get my PS2 working again, then I bought a PS2 version as well a few months back.

Just bought the XBOX version on ebay for $3.95

I checked IGN and it gave Xbox 9.4 and PS2 9.3 - I need to play the higher rated just to see. Plus it seems the roster DLs for Xbox version is far more supported than that of PS2. I still love my PS2!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I was going to say that the comments were a bit ridiculous, but then I remembered that the Xbox version was superior to the PS2 version by far (visually and such). Same with the 360 vs. PS3 version on All Pro Football.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »