Home

NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #81
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Got around to checking out the new version. I'm having an issue with the playbooks again. The changes aren't sticking in the editor. I think we had this problem in an earlier version. PS2 issue?

I loaded up my file and a lot of teams playbooks were reset back to their original teams, a few however were still on the playbooks I changed them too. Went through and changed a few teams to different playbooks and noticed that they reset back.

That sounds odd. Let me make sure things were released correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #82
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Got around to checking out the new version. I'm having an issue with the playbooks again. The changes aren't sticking in the editor. I think we had this problem in an earlier version. PS2 issue?

I loaded up my file and a lot of teams playbooks were reset back to their original teams, a few however were still on the playbooks I changed them too. Went through and changed a few teams to different playbooks and noticed that they reset back.
I'm trying to see what the problem is on my end. The xbox version seems to work fine from my testing.

I don't have a PS2, so any details you can give on what you're seeing will help.

This is what I understand from your post...

1. Many of your playbooks were reset back to the original ones when you first loaded your roster.
2. Playbook changes are not sticking after you made your playbook changes and saved.

Let me know if I'm missing something.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #83
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah that's exactly what's happening. A majority of the teams are back to their original playbooks while a few still have my original edits.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #84
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Please run through the editor with a default roster and your new one and let me know what happens.

It doesn't make any sense that new playbook values won't stick after saving. Nothing is different between consoles that would affect the writing of those values.

I've been scratching my head for the past hour, so let me know.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #85
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Okay, I was able to reproduce the issue. I need to dig in a little further now.

I'll keep you posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #86
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Okay, this is a bit weird.

So, certain playbooks seem to "stick" fine. However the ones that I want to give to teams don't stick. Sabotage! haha

Taking the 49ers, for example, I usually have them using the Falcons playbook. I give them the Falcons in the editor, click the right arrow to go to the next team. Hit the left arrow to go back to the 49ers and their playbook is back to the 49ers.

Now if I change the 49ers to the Broncos for example, then do the same process and come back, the 49ers are still using the Broncos. So that checks out fine.

Using the default roster, everything does seem fine. Again, switching the 49ers to the Falcons and it sticks.
Do you think the editor is thinking that the changes I've made in previous versions are the default values? Meaning that since I changed the 49ers to the Falcons previously, the value for "49ers" is actually the Falcons? Not sure if that made sense. I'll try saving and loading my save and see what the playbooks are looking like. Thanks for taking the time and looking in to this.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #87
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I think I figured out the issue. Small typo if you will. You're my main tester, so have at it and let me know.

New version here...

http://www.kingjavo.com/ESPN2K4/Editor
Old 02-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #88
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Perfect!

Thanks again for everything. Vikings and Seahawks work perfectly too, no freezing at all. Getting close to finishing up the roster in the next few days so this editor update came just in time.

The site and videos are really nice too. Great job

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »