Home

NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #65
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Great. Take your time, I still got a bit to go before my file is 100% ready.

One more thing, do you think you can add an "advance year" option? AKA increase everyone's years pro by 1 (or x). That would be helpful for any future files.

Thanks again man
The advancing of years and clearing stats has been coded. I also fixed an issue with the recent menu and trying to open a second file that would crash the program.

Lastly, as part of this release will be a fix to ensure the editor runs on a 32 bit PC which was missing from the installation files.

I'll try to push out a new build tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 12:49 AM   #66
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I was playing a game as Detroit and their coach was invisible. Really strange seeing a challenge flag just float on the sideline haha.

Caldwell has the body Generic 2, so maybe 2K4 doesn't have a Generic 2 like 2K5?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:24 AM   #67
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I found a slight issue with the playbooks.

I have the Seahawks using the Broncos playbook, and when I try to start a game it freezes (I tried a few times). Switching this playbook to anything else and it works fine.

Also I gave the Vikings the Browns playbooks and in-game it's shown as just "G" instead of "Browns". I remember we had the weird letters when we first started messing with the playbooks and those all froze so I'm guessing the same will happen here.

I can assign these teams different playbooks in the mean time. I'm not sure if it's just my file or what, so I can send it to you if need be.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #68
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I tried to look at the Playbook issue to see what might be wrong, but didn't see anything glaring.

The logic I coded to get the playbooks to work is complex and will take me some debugging to remember what I did and how the values work. I can tell you the same freeze happened on my xbox, so it's not solely a PS2 thing.

What's odd is that I've only seen playbook issues when the names are garbled up. The Seahawks getting the Broncos has the "Broncos" name fine in the game selection screen. That one might be tricky, but I'll try to spend some time on it at some point.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:17 AM   #69
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Yeah I'm not too sure what's up with it. Like I said in the other thread, other play books seem to work fine on the Seahawks so it's not too big of a deal.

The Vikings on the other hand seem to be more serious. The play books I've tried on them all show up garbled.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #70
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I wonder if the Broncos playbook has a formation that the Seahawks depth chart can't handle?

I'll check out the Vikings logic because this sounds fixable.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #71
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
I wonder if the Broncos playbook has a formation that the Seahawks depth chart can't handle?

I'll check out the Vikings logic because this sounds fixable.

But then it would freeze if you picked the Broncos using the game by itself. So my theory is probably wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #72
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I solved the playbook issues. I'll release it within the couple of days.

Btw, GillBoldberg... you know you can covert a ps2 to an xbox file and back right?

I notice you only release ps2 versions of the file and thought I'd pass this along if you weren't already aware of this feature.

All you need is any xbox file and just click the xbox icon to convert. It will open a window to select the the Xbox save game you wish to convert and that's it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »