Home

NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NFL 2k4 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

I totally understand and respect your boundaries on the code Javo. My thoughts are that making code available to the community would benefit it long after you are done on the project and may surprise you. Sharing that knowledge would help countless modders in the future. Just think about what happened without finns code...
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Another option may be to release source on github when you're 'feature complete'? At least then we know it's backed up somewhere in case someone needs to port it to windows 15 (do you really think our football gaming options will have improved by then? ).
Old 12-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #35
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Another option may be to release source on github when you're 'feature complete'? At least then we know it's backed up somewhere in case someone needs to port it to windows 15 (do you really think our football gaming options will have improved by then? ).

I already have it backed up on Sourceforge but didn't open it up yet.

I hear you on the community thing. I don't want the same thing that happened from Finns editor being private.

I just am not ready yet and am still working through stuff. If I release it, then different versions might start popping up with who knows what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #36
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

New minor update release v1.0.7.1.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey Javo, not sure if you got my message.

Both Jason Garrett and Jim Harbaugh are in 2K4. Harbaugh is UNK0155 and Garrett doesn't have a photo but his audio is in the game. Not sure if coach audio is similar to player audio but maybe we can add these 2 to the coach dropdown?

Also, I'm still having issues with the jerseys. The changes show up in the editor but when I load it on my console, they show up as the defaults.

Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
Ok, sorry if I missed this, one of the problems in 2k5 was the Ints.. Way to many so You had to set the DB's catch to 0.. How is it in 2k4?
If you look at the default roster most of the DB's catch ratings are in the 1-40 range. So no DB's really have super high catching. I still see INT's but nothing ridiculous (3+) yet.

Last edited by GillBoldberg; 12-07-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #38
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Gill,

I'll see if I can add those two coaches. Do you know what value Garrett has?

I can try to look at the jerseys tonight.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #39
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not sure of Garrett's ID. He's a backup on the Giants in the default roster so he shouldn't be too hard to find since he's already in the player dropdown.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #40
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I'm still having issues with the jerseys. The changes show up in the editor but when I load it on my console, they show up as the defaults.
This has been fixed in new version 1.0.7.2. I missed an offset by 1 when converting Jersey code to PS2 section in code.

As for the coaches, I can see the 0155 in the photo list of the players section for Harbaugh. But the bodies are not like that... they are much smaller. Look at the 2k4Coaches.ini file. This has all the possible Coach model values from the default game.

Have you uncovered these values? For now you can just add whatever you want to the 2k4Coaches.ini and 2k4CoachesPhotos.ini files if you want to play around. They will automatically show up in the editor dropdowns.

I've just added the Harbaugh photo to my ini, but didn't put it in this release. I'll put it once we find out the remaining values. (ex. Harbaugh, Jim=0155)

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by KingJavo; 12-07-2014 at 10:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »