Home

The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #449

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan

However, I'm self employed so I can't even peruse the board from work (which is what I think a lot of people do) because I have to hustle to get by, it's all fee not hourly.

Guilty as charged.

I play on Saturdays usually and have JUST enough time on Sunday morning at home to get all my stats typed up and edit my photos and headlines. I typically get to work about 15 minutes early every day and I'd usually spend a solid 30-40 minutes typing and editing my game articles first thing Monday morning in my office while sipping on my coffee to start the week.

Funny you mention the catching the ball on the helmet thing; I actually have a shot like that for my next game story; first time I've seen it.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-14-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #450
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Man, you go away for a while and you miss a whole lot. Idaho as the #1?!?!?!?!? That's insane.

Things are getting real, I see. You guys are playing real team-ball out there. Lose your star quarterback and don't miss a beat. Brad Wright might be the future (Lawson's a senior right?), and you'll have a deep backfield to complement him. Hopefully you guys crash the BCS this year.

I'm amazed to see the MWC holding its own. Normally after a while, the G5 conferences start to regress and you just dominate everyone. Good to see that's not the case here. Hope I can say the same for C-USA when my Blazers (re)join.

PS: Those pics are AMAZING. How do you do it?

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 08-16-2016, 01:31 AM   #451
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Week 12 Update

WV TE Tyrone Byrd is a Freak Show

Player of the week Tyrone Byrd has some unique gifts. Player personnel people say
he is possibly the fastest tight end in the nation, to start with. He's not much of an
in-line blocker, so he likely does not project as a pure NFL tight end at the next
level. However, it's extremely rare to see a player at this position so athletic that he
routinely sees carries in the backfield. Byrd is actually the backup running back for
the Mountaineers, who have a bit of a talent problem at running back. And rather
than having a dropoff when Byrd enters the game, he is significantly more productive
than the starter when he's in there. Byrd has 80 carries for 521 yards (6.5 average)
and 5 touchdowns. As a receiver he has 50 receptions for 641 yards and another 5
touchdowns. Arguably however, Byrd is significantly underutilized. Consider:

92 OVR, 88 SPD, 89 ACC, 84 AGI, 89 AWR, 89 CTH, 87 CIT, 84 SPC, 91 RTE, 79 STR
85 BTK, 83 TRK, 80 ELU, 83 BCV, 90 SFA, 85 SPM, 88 JKM, 77 CAR

Week 13 Big Games

#2 Clemson vs #4 Boston College - This game should further pare down the number
of contenders. Clemson has won three in a row and has two ranked teams remaining
on their schedule. BC has a weak overall schedule and finish the season against
Syracuse after the Clemson game.

#3 Ohio State vs #10 Rutgers - The Buckeyes have won 6 games in a row and finish
the season with two tough teams in the Scarlet Knights and Michigan. Rutgers has
had an impressive season and a win against Ohio State may put them in contention.

#6 LSU vs #9 Notre Dame - LSU was in the driver's seat for a BCS berth until losing
to NC State last week, 31-34. In a week in which none of the power teams have
taken a strong stand on the year, they are the poster boy for disappointment. Is
there are a chance they have lives remaining? They'll have to beat the Irish to find
out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

Guilty as charged.

I play on Saturdays usually and have JUST enough time on Sunday morning at home to get all my stats typed up and edit my photos and headlines. I typically get to work about 15 minutes early every day and I'd usually spend a solid 30-40 minutes typing and editing my game articles first thing Monday morning in my office while sipping on my coffee to start the week.

Funny you mention the catching the ball on the helmet thing; I actually have a shot like that for my next game story; first time I've seen it.
LOL. I can't believe you posted the Jordan gif, I have a weakness for that thing I've watched it 50+ times. I like how he's trying to be all dire serious right up till the moment he sees Sir Charles. I do envy you having a little bit of time to burn during the week at work, must be pretty nice. But at the same time I like how I don't HAVE to be at a given place at a given time. Aside from the work I have to get done I can pretty much determine how/where I want to be at any time. I do like that. I'm amazed you got a catch animation like that, Ima go see if you posted it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Man, you go away for a while and you miss a whole lot. Idaho as the #1?!?!?!?!? That's insane.

Things are getting real, I see. You guys are playing real team-ball out there. Lose your star quarterback and don't miss a beat. Brad Wright might be the future (Lawson's a senior right?), and you'll have a deep backfield to complement him. Hopefully you guys crash the BCS this year.

I'm amazed to see the MWC holding its own. Normally after a while, the G5 conferences start to regress and you just dominate everyone. Good to see that's not the case here. Hope I can say the same for C-USA when my Blazers (re)join.

PS: Those pics are AMAZING. How do you do it?
Yeah if you read through, it wasn't something I was happy about. When I beat Ohio State I figured I would just lose another game soon and although I did lose one, it seems like once you beat OSU you're golden the rest of the year in the eyes of the game. Or are they just pro-human in the rankings, I don't know. It seems like they're trying to hand me a damn trophy.

For pictures I do the following: EL Gato HD capture, highest settings. condense the size, auto the brightness and contrast in photoshop then adjust it to look good in terms of contrast. Then sharpen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 02:47 AM   #452
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Week 13 - San Jose State Spartans at #1 Idaho Vandals - November 18, 2017 - 3:30 p.m.

San Jose State not to be overlooked

A week from now, Idaho will close out their season against Hawaii in a game most
project will be a laugher. This week, however, the focus is on San Jose State - a
team that is capable of putting up a good fight. To start with, the Spartans have
an experienced, intelligent quarterback with some real talent, and weapons for him
to throw the football to. The offensive line has some holes and weaknesses, and
the secondary isn't the fastest around. They have athletic linebackers, including
senior LOLB, #52 Brodie Wheatley (90 speed). However these players are prone to
miss the occasional tackle. The defensive line is not particularly stout in terms of
strength and are considered a little soft. It will be difficult to throw over the corners
in man coverage, who all have good speed.

Injuries could be a problem for the Vandals

It's good that Eric Lawson is back to full strength, because backup Brad Wright was
hurt during practice and likely will miss the rest of the season. Three additional
starters including Richard Montgomery, Brandon Thompson, and Aaron Mills will miss
this week's game and are expected to be ready to play by conference championship
week, should the Vandals play then.

Mills is clearly the most important player missing from this week's game. The team
has no other options at strong safety with his all-around skill set. It will be interesting
to see how the secondary fares without his presence.

Position - Player - Injury - length - Return Week
DE - Brandon Thompson - Thumb - 2 Weeks - CONF CHAMP WEEK
SS - Aaron Mills - Ankle - 2 Weeks CONF CHAMP WEEK
OLB - Martin Haynes - Meniscus - 6 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE
QB - Brad Wright - Knee - 7 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE
HB - Richard Montgomery - Knee - 2 Weeks - CONF CHAMP WEEK
HB - Albert Hidalgo - Knee - 12 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE

Old 08-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #453
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Like everyone else says, the pictures on your updates are just amazing.

Brad Wright filled in admirably for Lawson - more so against Nevada than Fresno State but still wins nonetheless. Tough to see the injury bug bite some more, having Lawson back is definitely a plus but not having Montgomery on top of Hildalgo will be rough. Buck Archie looks like the running game shouldn't miss a beat though, and that's amazing that your running depth is so stacked. Kudos to the offensive line as well, can't forget to give them credit.

It's cool to see your defense play with such teamwork. No one is really a dominating force from what I can tell but as a unit the Vandals D is definitely living up to their name. Good luck against San Jose State and finishing the season strong.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #454
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Old 09-05-2016, 02:53 AM   #455
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Week 13 Update

Idaho falls in the polls due to strength of schedule

Idaho has been #1 for a couple of weeks but this week the pollsters took another
look and decided their strength of schedule probably does not warrant such a rating.
The Coaches Poll dropped the Vandals to #3, whereas the AP poll and the BCS Poll
are still listing the Vandals as #2 - for now.

Georgia's hopes flushed once again by Alabama

The Alabama Crimson Tide. They're a little like Jupiter. They say the gas giant
protects the inner planets including ours by catching and destroying comets and
asteroids. Alabama's primary role seems to be winning championships, but when they
aren't doing that, they're catching and destroying Georgia just in time to make sure
they can't make a run at the title. Georgia was ranked #4 in the BCS last week but
were thoroughly trashed (17-44) and are officially out of the BCS picture.

Clemson, Ohio State are hot down the stretch

Clemson has won four games in a row following their second loss of the season, a
45-52 OT loss to now #7 NC State. Their worst loss of the season was a 42-point
thrashing (3-45) at the hands of the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. However, their
four wins in a row include beating now #8 Boston College last week, and they face
#11 South Carolina in Week 14 in a rivalry that began in 1896 and officially had a
name beginning in 2014.

Ohio State lost to #3 Idaho to open the season, then compounded matters by losing
a 7-10 defensive battle against Wisconsin three games laster. Since then, they have
won seven games in a row, and beat #12 Rutgers last week handily, 48-14. All the
talent on the squad is starting to gel and materialize, and they face #25 Michigan at
home this week in a battle that may determine a lot.

Boise State stays hot, looms in Conf. Championship for Vandals

Boise State is now ranked #11. Clearly, national title hopes are limited, partly due to
a very light schedule. The Vandals are the only ranked team they've beaten, and
they lost to Colorado State. The Broncos need to win against Air Force this week to
head into the conference championship game with an outside shot at a title. They
need the Vandals to beat Hawaii and bring their ranking into the conference
championship game, beat the Vandals a second time, and they may just have an
outside shot. But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Nevertheless, with so many
two and even three loss teams peppered throught the Top 10, Boise catches your
eye with the one loss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Like everyone else says, the pictures on your updates are just amazing.

Brad Wright filled in admirably for Lawson - more so against Nevada than Fresno State but still wins nonetheless. Tough to see the injury bug bite some more, having Lawson back is definitely a plus but not having Montgomery on top of Hildalgo will be rough. Buck Archie looks like the running game shouldn't miss a beat though, and that's amazing that your running depth is so stacked. Kudos to the offensive line as well, can't forget to give them credit.

It's cool to see your defense play with such teamwork. No one is really a dominating force from what I can tell but as a unit the Vandals D is definitely living up to their name. Good luck against San Jose State and finishing the season strong.
Thanks a lot man. Well, if Lawson goes pro (not sure, it seems that at least in my game, players rarely go pro. For instance, Joey freakin Bosa is still at OSU. What the heck did he have to gain by staying another year? Anyway let's go back to that I got distracted. Wright could be the starter. He'd have to beat out dual threat - current WR - Tyleke Tennison, who is a far better athlete, and nearly as good a passer. Cross that bridge later, I'm guessing in 2 years if I'm still @ Idaho.

Yeah the defense has been pretty solid. One of the frustrating things is the cpu just won't continue running the ball, even though they have a pretty big advantage mano y mano against my line.

Thanks for checking in bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #456
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Week 14 - Hawaii Warriors at #3 Idaho Vandals - November 25, 2017 - 1:00 p.m.
Senior Week

Idaho looks to finish strong against Hawaii

This game against Hawaii is not expected to be close. However, the Vandals always
seem to have trouble closing out Mountain West teams as long as the talent level is
comparable - and here, it is. Before the injuries started piling up, Idaho was clearly
the more talented team, but at this point, it's mostly the coaching and winning
tradition established by the coaching staff that is carrying the Vandals to victory.

Hawaii is pretty good against the pass, and not atrocious against the run. They do
have one of the worst offenses around. Freshman QB Richard Alvarez has had to
take over for the injured Leon Lambert, and has found the going tough so far with
just a 43.2% completion rate. He's dangerous running the football, and the Vandals
may struggle to contain him on the ground.

Hawaii will try and get senior Kwamane Bowens the football deep. He's faster than
any of the defensive backs the Vandals will be putting up against him. Where the
Warriors are vulnerable are their bookends on the offensive line. Both are lacking in
skill and should be taken advantage of by the Vandals defensively. The interior of
the line is pretty solid.

Seniors in their final home game

Some of these players are injured, and some will not be suiting up.

HB Richard Montgomery
FB Mark Langford
WR Trent Cowan
LG Nick Edenfield
RG Brett Thompson
DE Zach Cable
DE Robert Williams
DT Eric Mitchell
OLB Martin Haynes
OLB A.J. Harris
MLB Alex Stork
MLB Shawn Bell
OLB Jordan Edginton
FS Tomy Wililams
SS Justin Martinez

Current Injuries

The Vandals are pretty much in the same situation as last week, missing numerous
players and looking to overcome the loss of those players by filling in as well as
possible and putting the players that will suit up in position to succeed. Coach
Clark indicates the staff has been working hard at not asking players to do things
they're not capable of doing.

Position - Player - Injury - length - Return Week
DE - Brandon Thompson - Thumb - 2 Weeks - CONF CHAMP WEEK
SS - Aaron Mills - Ankle - 2 Weeks CONF CHAMP WEEK
OLB - Martin Haynes - Meniscus - 6 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE
QB - Brad Wright - Knee - 7 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE
HB - Richard Montgomery - Knee - 2 Weeks - CONF CHAMP WEEK
HB - Albert Hidalgo - Knee - 12 Weeks - SEASON EFFECTIVE

Last edited by Hellisan; 09-05-2016 at 05:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »