Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #1489
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Where's the game being played?

You sure chew through this thing. I wish you were playing USC. Good luck. Crazy how you had consecutive rematches in reverse.
Like I said last week, I'm all about maximizing the free time I have to do this, so yeah a lot has happened here the last few weeks! But again, things will slow down to a more reasonable pace real soon as the season is just about over, I'm back to school on Sunday evening and have advanced up to Week 1 of next season already, as I'll likely have to wait six weeks to touch the PS3 again. I'm looking forward to the little break I'll have to endure as I'll come back recharged and ready to go!

We're playing at the Coliseum. Your brilliant author thought it would be a cool place to host the Title Game, not noticing/realizing until after I started the playoff that USC could've had a home game with the National Title on the line. Thankfully it didn't turn out that way. Believe me, though, I wish I was playing USC too. It would have been the perfect, most karma-filled way to end the season and officially wrap up the Isaac Jackson "era" of UConn football, having to face Coach Shea and TDL. If not USC, I'm glad (and oddly stunned) at us playing the same teams as last year, like you mentioned. It's absolutely wild how that turned out.

In my opinion, Nebraska is better than last year. I believe they were two points away from being undefeated, plus a lot of that team from last year's playoff bunch is back; they're talented across the board. Zazzarion is a gamer under center, Stewart is a great all around back and Anthony Johnson is one of the top corners in the country. They have great all-around groups at wideout, on the O-Line and in the secondary, so we're in for a great challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxxerx
All caught up after taking a little break from the forums. Great end of the season so far Guru. That game against GT was A M A Z I N G. Also enjoyed the redemption game against the ducks. Can't wait to see how the Huskers/Huskies game turns out. Good luck man.
Thank you! I'm just as surprised as you guys are how we've rebounded over the second half of the season, rattling off nine straight wins and all.

The Tech game was one of the best in dynasty history, which says a lot considering over 100 games have been played to this point. Back and forth, defensive struggle, late touchdown drives, came down to the last second. You can't ask for much more in a game at this stage in the season!

I thought we were done for against Oregon going down by three scores early like we did and not playing our best football. Nevertheless, we've always been able to find ways out and luckily it happened again - we caught big breaks with McGill leaving early and Nelly missing most of the game, as we probably would've lost (again) had they stayed in.

Revenge is sweet, but I hope we don't befell the same fate at the hands of Nebraska. As I discussed above, they're a great team all the way around with a lot of experience, they're surely motivated after last year too. Our man under center has been playing the most inspired football of his life the past three games, however, and wants this Natty badly. I too want badly to bring back Title #2 to UConn as it's been about 2 1/2 years real time since that first title .. but we'll see what happens!

Thanks to both of you! Hopefully we'll find out this weekend if Title #2 is coming back to Storrs!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #1490
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Good luck in the Title Game! I found it fascinating that Nebraska hired Scott Frost in the game before they did IRL. That's wicked cool.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #1491
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

(4) 21 --- 13-2

(2) 28 --- 13-2

FROZEN IN TIME

Ice-Jax cements legacy by orchestrating title winning drive, 22 yard pass to freshman Byrom; UConn takes second national title in a 28-21 instant classic vs. Nebraska; Belichick first coach in twenty years to win national title in first year

Raise your hands, class. When UConn was 3-2 in early October, did anyone seriously expect us to be here? Did UConn look anything like a national championship winning team after a season opening thrashing against Penn State and an ugly home loss to Virginia Tech in October? I didn’t think so.

When you have a guy like Isaac Jackson, who saw to it that history and heartbreak would not repeat itself, I suppose anything is possible. It took one last dip into his magic bag of tricks, one last miracle, but Jackson cemented his place in UConn history with his ability to win at all costs. Ice-Jax capped off the best individual passing season in school history with a return to the pinnacle of college football. He made a great career legendary by playing the three best games of his career in the last and most important ones.

It was the Iceman at his greatest.

With a 28-21 decision over the Nebraska Cornhuskers, UConn won their tenth straight game to erase any memory of their early season losses and claim their second national title in football on Monday night. Both titles have come in the last five years (2017, when Bob Diaco’s squad went an undefeated 15-0).

Much as one would expect and hope for in a National Title Game, the CFP Finale in the L.A. Coliseum was a thriller. Neither team gained a lead of more than eight points throughout the contest and the outcome was not decided until the final minute.

UConn drew first blood on a Jackson touchdown run midway through the first quarter. Nebraska responded by adding an extra-point length field goal on the right leg of Brian Tollspen to make the game 7-3 after a quarter, despite losing starting quarterback Isaac Zazzarion to a sprained ankle on that drive. He’d get taped up and return, but would need to sit out for the rest of the half. Fortunately for Scott Frost’s bunch, the Huskers didn’t miss a beat with backup quarterback Elfrid Harper.

Nebraska went up 10-7 early in the second quarter on an eight yard KaJohntay Stewart touchdown run, and looked to extend their lead when Harper took a shot to the end zone toward freshman Kyle Wimstatt. However, Wimstatt was in double coverage and free safety Tony Rush leapt up in the back of the end zone to intercept the pass. Rush, who has been arguably UConn’s worst defensive player all season with missed tackles galore, made up for it on the big stage by keeping the game within one score.

(LEFT) KaJohntay Stewart was great before leaving the game hurt in the fourth quarter with over 100 yards and a score. (RIGHT) Freshman Kyle Wimstatt’s only catch was a big one - the tying touchdown early in the fourth quarter.

UConn was unable to score, but would get the ball again shortly before the half - senior corner J.D. Rudie returned a Dylan Wright punt to the Cornhusker 23 yard line to give the Huskies a great chance to score and retake the lead; that was exactly what would happen. After Jackson completed a pass to Lonte’ Speier down to the one-yard line, Luke Williamson plunged in to give the Huskies a 14-10 lead at halftime.

Dodging danger yet again, UConn’s defense held the Huskers to just three points in the third quarter with Harper still in the game. Brett Lowery came up with his fifth sack in three games on a key third down to push the Huskers out of field goal range on one occasion, while Zazzarion barely escaped a safety with an impressive off-balance pass to Wyatt Osterlund as he slid to the turf. Despite that, the drive still ended with a punt. “Our team defense was fantastic”, commented the senior captain John Cox, who led the Huskies with a dozen tackles and an interception on the evening.

Struggling to score for most of the game, UConn finally struck after Tollspen’s second field goal. With the score tight at 14-13, Jackson connected with Speier on a go route; the freshman was left open in an apparent zone coverage and raced past safety Montrell Burnette for a momentum shifting 62 yard score. 21-13 UConn.

Lonte’ Speier made a number of big catches, including this 62 yard touchdown catch and run.

Into the fourth quarter, the two teams traded three and outs before All-American return man Bennie Baling brought a Kyle January punt out to the UConn 42 yard line; great field position down by eight. With Zazzarion having re-entered the game by this point, he stepped up when his team needed him. An eight yard touchdown pass to Wimstatt closed the gap to 21-19, and he also caught the two-point toss to tie up the game, 21-all with six minutes left.

Despite getting up to around midfield on the ensuing drive, Chamarkelle Byrom dropped a pass on third down that would have moved the chains. Neither team could seem to score in the next few minutes. Nebraska went three and out twice, while Jackson threw an interception in plus territory to Matavian Ryder. With about three and a half minutes to play, the Huskers settled in with the ball at their own 35 yard line.

KaJohntay Stewart was in the medical tent being tended to with a lower back injury, so Nebraska had fullback Ronnie Givens in the backfield. He got the ball on first and second downs for three yards followed by no gain, stopped by John Cox. On third down, Nebraska went triple option, Zazzarion pitching to wideout Brian Larson toward the right side of the field with only one man to beat to reach the first down marker and perhaps push Nebraska to field goal range. Safety Vic Castalanetta had other ideas. The redshirt sophomore was able to drag down Larson as a yard shy of the sticks and forced fourth down, more importantly a Nebraska punt.

UConn needed to travel 67 yards in two minutes and seven seconds to take the lead and possibly win the game and the title. Exit lights - enter sandman. Poor Nebraska. They never stood a chance.

Jackson immediately hit Speier for a gain of 16. Following an incompletion, Jackson lofted a pass to Byrom, who hauled it in for a gain of 30 that pushed UConn to the brink of the red zone. UConn got a momentary scare when Speier dropped a pass that would’ve moved the chains again, and then a first down run from Luke Williamson was negated by a holding call against freshman guard Korey Davis-Love, pushing UConn back to the 31-yard line. No matter for Ice-Jax. Ryne Thomas made a catch over the top for a ten yard pickup, and then Byrom out to the right side, hauling in the pass around the seven yard line. Matched up against All-American corner Anthony Johnson all game, the freak freshman athlete from Minnesota was definitely overmatched for much of the game. It would be Byrom who got the last laugh, though. Lowering his shoulder after the catch, Byrom sent Johnson to the turf as the two were angled to the right sideline. Byrom turned upfield, took a few steps then dove at the pylon to avoid the pursuit of linebacker Terrance Porter.

TOUCHDOWN UCONN!

Anthony Ricciardi’s extra point gave UConn the 28-21 advantage. In just one minute’s time, Ice-Jax advanced UConn 67 yards for the go-ahead score.

Chamarkelle Byrom’s winning touchdown reception.

Nebraska would get the ball back, but on the very first play of their drive Isaac Zazzarion was intercepted by middle linebacker Mike Hill with Osterlund as the intended target.

Williamson, fittingly perhaps, picked up a first down on the next play to put a nice little bow on UConn’s second national title.

Confetti rained down on the L.A. Coliseum field to celebrate UConn, and their hero. Jackson was merely average in this contest - 13-27 passing for 280 yards (two yards shy of 4,000 on the year), two touchdowns and two interceptions as well.

But none of that mattered because Ice-Jax showed up when he was needed most. He carried the team on his shoulder on the big stage with no hesitation. And it ended beautifully.

“I’m really going to miss that kid”, commented Coach Belichick. “He never panicked when things got tough - I’m sure he wasn’t expecting to throw that interception in the fourth but he fought back and we pulled it off.” Belichick himself made history by becoming the first first-year head coach since Miami’s Larry Coker 20 years earlier to win a national title in year one. “That record doesn’t matter to me. All I wanted was the national title for our guys. They all could have abandoned ship or put their heads down when Bob [Diaco] left or when we were 3-2 in October, but they listened to us and worked hard, played within themselves and were great all year. Now here we are!”

Jackson looked up to the sky and nearly choked up when talking to reporters after the game. “I can’t believe it. We did it. Last year really hurt.. It would have hurt more to have it end this way again. I'm the happiest guy in the world right now. I love Coach and I love our guys. We did it together.”

In what will go down as a title game for the ages filled with twists, turns, heroes rising and falling plus a dramatic finish, it was one man who made all the difference. The Iceman cometh, and the Iceman delivereth a championship.

UConn still has a football team, too.

Nebraska Cornhuskers at Connecticut Huskies
Jan 10, 20221ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (13-2)373821
#2 Connecticut Huskies (13-2)777728
Team Stats Comparison
NEBCONN
Total Offense421389
Rushing Yards233109
Passing Yards188280
First Downs2215
Punt Return Yards4166
Kick Return Yards060
Total Yards462515
Turnovers32
3rd Down Conversion7-17 (41%)7-15 (46%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-2-1 (75%)4-2-0 (50%)
Penalties0-03-32
Possession Time18:3417:26
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGNEBCONN
4:53(CONN) Jackson 3 run (Ricciardi kick)07
2:01(NEB) Tollspen 20 FG37
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNEBCONN
8:49(NEB) Stewart 8 run (Tollspen kick)107
1:10(CONN) Williamson 1 run (Ricciardi kick)1014
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNEBCONN
2:41(NEB) Tollspen 43 FG1314
2:01(CONN) Jackson 62 pass Speier (Ricciardi kick)1321
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNEBCONN
6:27(NEB) Zazzarion 8 pass Wimstatt (conversion good)2121
:58(CONN) Jackson 22 pass Byrom (Ricciardi kick)2128
Nebraska Cornhuskers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Isaac Zazzarion13-2310711
Elfrid Harper8-108102
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
KaJohntay Stewart181186.51
Isaac Zazzarion151036.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Wyatt Osterlund56012.00
Brian Larson5438.60
Ronnie Givens4143.50
Jonathan Covey22110.50
Kyle Wimstatt188.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Matavian Ryder12 (1)010
Terrance Porter8 (1)000
Montrell Burnette7 (1)000
Stevie Washbrunn6 (3)100
Brad Collins3 (1)100
Claude Fontenot2010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Brian Tollspen2-21-1744
Connecticut Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Isaac Jackson13-2728022
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Luke Williamson28863.31
J.P. Byers7425.90
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Lonte' Speier412030.01
Ryne Thomas46115.20
Chamarkelle Byrom25226.01
Devin Brown24422.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
John Cox12 (1)010
Mike Hill11 (1)010
James Mandrell7 (4)100
Jevon Sapp 5 (1)000
Tony Rush5010
Brett Lowery4 (3)200
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Anthony Ricciardi0-04-44

NEXT: Season 8 Wrap-Up

“Our team defense was fantastic”, said John Cox (LEFT). He and Tony Rush (RIGHT) recorded critical interceptions that kept points off of the Nebraska scoreboard, while UConn recorded four sacks of Elfrid Harper and Isaac Zazzarion.

Mike Hill records the clinching interception.

----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Good luck in the Title Game! I found it fascinating that Nebraska hired Scott Frost in the game before they did IRL. That's wicked cool.
Minus the stop at UCF, yeah the game predicted this one really well; I agree that was really cool to see. Frost got hired early in this dynasty, so I had forgotten about it until we played them and I noticed. He had been hired for just a few days by that point.

And looking ahead, this offseason we're going to see something else happen in terms of coaching that happened in real-life, too! I wonder how the game knows these things...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #1492
MVP

whughes's Arena

Ice-Jax strikes again! He may not be the greatest UConn quarterback ever talent wise, but the kid sure was fun to watch play. No doubt a first round draft pick come April. Congrats on natty numero dos Guru

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #1493
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Congratulations, buddy, you did it!!!!!! Feel the UConn love!!!! So proud of you
Old 01-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #1494
Rookie

What a season! Congrats on the title!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #1495
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Around the NCAA: 2021 Wrap-Up

Bowl Map

BowlTeams/ResultScore
Sports Authority Bowl DenverArkansas State (10-4) def. #21 Kentucky (9-4)42-13
Famous Idaho Potato BowlToledo (8-6) def. Boise State (6-7)24-16
Dish Network Poinsettia BowlBYU (9-4) def. San Diego State (9-4)35-13
Tropicana St. Petersburg BowlFlorida Atlantic (8-5) def. New Mexico (8-5)34-31
CenturyLink New Orleans BowlTroy (8-5) def. Texas State (9-4)45-24
Amazon Las Vegas BowlFresno State (10-4) def. Washington State (6-7)35-25
Sheraton Aloha BowlSouthern Miss (10-3) def. Hawai'i (6-7)30-14
Ford Motor City BowlIllinois (7-6) def. Central Michigan (7-6)38-31
CitiBank Military BowlFlorida State (7-6) def. Buffalo (7-6)42-10
Chevron Holiday Bowl#11 UCLA (10-3) def. #25 Texas (8-5)49-32
Nassau Paradise Island Bahamas Bowl#13 Pitt (10-3) def. Middle Tennessee St. (7-6)45-35
Camping World Independence BowlNavy (10-4) def. Clemson (7-6)42-21
Target Bowl Minneapolis#20 Ohio State (10-4) def. Army West Point (9-4)52-7
Phillips 66 Bluebonnet BowlMichigan State (8-5) def. Baylor (7-6)35-30
Cessna Armed Forces BowlAir Force (9-4) def. Old Dominion (8-6)20-17
Intel Silicon Valley ClassicSyracuse (7-6) def. #15 Temple (9-3)38-24
Valero Alamo Bowl#23 TCU (9-4) def. Georgia (6-7)24-20
Buffalo Wild Wings Cactus BowlHouston (9-4) def. #17 Penn State (8-5)43-14
Dollar General Music City BowlNotre Dame (7-6) def. Arkansas (7-6)45-31
Sysco Sun Bowl#10 Virginia Tech (10-3) def. Arizona State (7-6)34-20
Garden State Bowl#19 Michigan (9-4) def. Ball State (7-6)45-17
Fidelity Financial BowlTulsa (7-6) def. Tennessee (8-5)28-24
NextEra Energy Citrus Bowl#16 NC State (10-3) def. Florida (8-6)40-27
AutoNation Cigar Bowl#18 Wisconsin (9-4) def. Missouri (7-6)40-21
AutoZone Liberty BowlNorth Texas (10-4) def. Vanderbilt (6-7)37-33
Windy City Chicago BowlUTEP (8-5) def. USF (6-7)38-21
Hall of Fame ClassicLouisiana (8-5) def. #24 Miami (OH) (11-3)15-14
NEW YEAR'S SIX
Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl#14 UCF (11-3) def. #6 North Carolina (10-3)48-20
Farmers Insurance Rose Bowl#5 Cal (11-2) def. #12 Minnesota (9-4)49-17
Microsoft Fiesta Bowl#9 Ole Miss (10-3) def. #8 Georgia Tech (10-4)45-7
Allstate Sugar Bowl#7 Oklahoma (11-3) def. #22 LSU (9-5)44-21
Capital One Orange Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)#2 UConn (12-2) def. #3 Oregon (12-2)49-37
Goodyear Cotton Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)#4 Nebraska (13-1) def. #1 USC (11-3)38-35
CFP National Championship (Los Angeles, CA) #2 UConn (13-2) def. #3 Nebraska (13-2)28-21

CAC Record in Bowls: 3-8

Wins:
OC J.J. Mac (RedRaider10) - UTEP - Windy City Chicago Bowl
OC Connor Turley (convict38) - UCF - Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl
OC Trent Davis (UKWildcat999) - Southern Miss - Sheraton Aloha Bowl

Losses:
HC Kaelyn Willingham (kswgrad2012) - Washington State - Las Vegas Bowl
HC Bob Trebell (DrGravyBoat) - Hawai'i - Sheraton Aloha Bowl
HC Dale Miller (glunsford) - Vanderbilt - AutoZone Liberty Bowl
HC Quinn Shea (thesportsguru11) - USC - Goodyear Cotton Bowl
OC William Brooks (TheOtherPotterGuy) - Texas State - New Orleans Bowl
OC Max Crenshaw (whughes) - Central Michigan - Ford Motor City Bowl
OC Equanimeous St. Brown Sr. (TheRosterMaster) - MTSU - Bahamas Bowl
OC Jerome Baumann (RaiderAid89) - Ball State - Garden State Bowl

2021 College Football National Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Heisman Memorial TrophyChris McGillRBOregon
Walter Camp AwardChris McGillRBOregon
Maxwell AwardHeath RileyRBArmy West Point
Chuck Bednarik AwardFreddie McPhersonCBTexas State
Bronko Nagurski TrophyAltarri GardnerDEUConn
Davey O'Brien AwardFelton LucienQBMississippi State
Doak Walker AwardChris McGillRBOregon
Fred Biletnikoff AwardVincent ScottWRNorth Carolina
John Mackey AwardTyson DorseyTESouth Carolina
Outland TrophyJarrett DavisCNebraska
Rimington TrophyJarrett DavisCNebraska
Lombardi AwardAltarri GardnerDEUConn
Linebacker of the YearLaTroy JohnsonLBVirginia Tech
Jim Thorpe AwardFreddie McPhersonCBTexas State
Lou Groza AwardMichael ThermanKBaylor
Ray Guy AwardAndrew FairchildPOregon
Returner of the YearAdam MaloneWRWestern Kentucky

Coach of the Year: Rick Stockstill, North Carolina
Broyles Award: Gary Patterson, DC, Oregon

2021 NCAA 1st Team All-Americans
PosPlayer NameHtWtYear
QBTanner Dean-Lowry, USCSr.
RBChris McGill, OregonSr.
RBHeath Riley, Army West PointSr.
WRVincent Scott, North CarolinaJr.
WRPatrick Rontemego, UCLASr.
TEDavid Reese, LouisianaSr.
OTE.J. Farris, Air ForceSr.
OTAndre Anderson, Ohio StateSr.
GAnthony Holtby, LSUSr.
GAndrew McClelland, Ole MissSr.
CJarrett Davis, NebraskaSr.
DEAltarri Gardner, UConnSr.
DEDuran Charoman, Arkansas StateSr.
DTRichard Coker, Arkansas StateJr.
DTPatrick Britt, Ohio StateJr.
LBCeeCee Jennings, Georgia TechSr.
LBNapoleon Goolsby, OregonSr.
LBSteven Hood, LSUJr.
CBFreddie McPherson, Texas StateSr.
CBShavlion Wade, UConnJr.
SShen Oliver, USCSr.
SAmiq Shannon, Virginia TechJr.
KMichael Therman, BaylorSr.
PAndrew Fairchild, OregonSr.
RSBennie Baling, NebraskaSo.

2021 1st Team All-ACC
PosPlayer NameHtWtYear
QBAustin Douglas, NC StateSr.
RBNate Marshall, NC StateSr.
RBLuke Williamson, UConnJr.
WRVincent Scott, North CarolinaJr.
WRJerald Jenkins, Virginia TechSr.
TER.J. Doyle, NC StateSr.
OTAlex Love, PittSr.
OTBrad Bowers, North CarolinaJr.
GVince Jones, UConnSr.
GKyle Washington, North CarolinaJr.
CAnton Garrison, North CarolinaSr.
DEAltarri Gardner, UConnSr.
DEJames Mandrell, UConnJr.
DTRichard Gooden, Georgia TechSr.
DTTramaine Robinson, North CarolinaJr.
LBCeeCee Jennings, Georgia TechSr.
LBLaTroy Johnson, Virginia TechJr.
LBThomas Willis, UConnSr.
CBKavonte Bullock, NC StateJr.
CBShavlion Wade, UConnJr.
SDavondre Wooten, Virginia TechJr.
SAmiq Shannon, Virginia TechJr.
KAnthony Ricciardi, UConnFr.
PCraig Pierce, Georgia TechFr.
RSSonny Thompson, Virginia TechSr.

Others:

2nd Team All-American: Anthony Ricciardi, K
Freshman All-American: WR Lonte’ Speier, OG Korey Davis-Love, LB Jevon Sapp, K Anthony Ricciardi
2nd Team All-ACC: WR Lonte’ Speier, TE Ryne Thomas, LT Kevin Jones, LB Mike Hill, LB John Cox, CB Sam Barnett, SS Vic Castalanetta

National Leaders:

QBR
191.2, Tanner Dean-Lowry, USC
182.7, Nelly DeWeaver, Oregon
181.7, Felton Lucien, Mississippi State
181.4, Austin Douglas, NC State
181.3, J.J. Cooley, UCLA

Pass Completions
287, Brannon Piello, San Diego State
280, Justyce Tryson, Oklahoma
268, Isaac Jackson, UConn
255, Jamar Goddard, UAB
249, Tanner Dean-Lowry, USC

Pass Attempts
475, Jamar Goddard, UAB
459, Justyce Tryson, Oklahoma
454, Parker Bourrie, Michigan State
454, Brannon Piello, San Diego State
441, Jay Fuqua, Virginia Tech

Pass Yards
3998, Isaac Jackson, UConn
3970, Justyce Trsyon, Oklahoma
3667, Brannon Piello, San Diego State
3521, Tanner Dean-Lowry, USC
3430, Austin Douglas, NC State

Passing Touchdowns
39, Darius Britt, Tennessee
39, Will Mock, Texas State
38, J.J. Cooley, UCLA
36, Justyce Tryson, Oklahoma
36, Jonathan Silas, Penn State

Rush Attempts
407, Luke Williamson, UConn
366, Drew Britt, Miami-OH
359, Jonathan Hart, Buffalo
337, Winfield Nash, Air Force
304, Eddie West, Boise State

Rush Yards
2463, Drew Britt, Miami-OH
2237, Winfield Nash, Air Force
2161, Ryan Herring, Ohio State
2133, Heath Riley, Army West Point
2084, Jonathan Hart, Buffalo

Rush Touchdowns
26, Heath Riley, Army West Point
25, Winfield Nash, Air Force
25, Matthew Shelby, New Mexico
24, Chris McGill, Oregon
22, Luke Williamson, UConn

Receptions
104, Leroy Bell, San Diego State
102, Clint Sinai, Wake Forest
98, Michael Skinner, USC
95, Myron Ryan, Utah
91, Jeff Dotson, Fresno State

Receiving Yards
1550, Michael Skinner, USC
1428, Myron Ryan, Utah
1369, Vince Bush, Texas State
1335, Nick Bass, Mississippi State
1302, Lonte’ Speier, UConn

Receiving Touchdowns
19, Patrick Rontemego, UCLA
16, Anthony Gardner, Akron
15, Vincent Scott, North Carolina
14, Ryan Green, Cal
14, Inoke Meliloka, Texas State

Tackles
112, LaTroy Johnson, Virginia Tech
110, Clayton Johnson, Ohio State
106, Duran Charoman, Arkansas State
105, Napoleon Goolsby, Oregon
103, Alex Wahlgren, Clemson

Tackles for Loss
35, Duran Charoman, Arkansas State
29, Patrick Reid, Western Kentucky
28, Jonathan Sims, Virginia Tech
28, LaTroy Johnson, Virginia Tech
27, Michael Coley, Wyoming

Sacks
ETA: I don't have a top five for sacks, but Altarri Gardner (UCONN) led the nation with 18.

Interceptions
11, Freddie McPherson, Texas State
9, Shavlion Wade, UConn
8, Santonio Bennett, West Virginia
7, Ryan Robinson, North Texas
7, Kavonte Bullock, NC State

Punting Average
45.3, Landon Burke, Oklahoma
45.0, Cedric Johnson, Washington
44.9, Ellis Smitaman, Alabama
44.8, Peter Mirvil, New Mexico
44.8, Jason Anderson, Texas State

Next: CAC Season Recap/CAC Coach of the Year Award (and no it's not going to Coach Shea)

---------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Ice-Jax strikes again! He may not be the greatest UConn quarterback ever talent wise, but the kid sure was fun to watch play. No doubt a first round draft pick come April. Congrats on natty numero dos Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Congratulations, buddy, you did it!!!!!! Feel the UConn love!!!! So proud of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
What a season! Congrats on the title!
Thanks to all of you! I certainly feel like I deserved this one a little less than Natty #1 because of our two losses, but we got hot at the right time and rattled off ten straight to do it.

While Williamson and J.P. Byers led us to the Playoff with their incredible performances in the second half of the season, Ice-Jax won us this national title. The backs struggled mightily in the ACC Title Game and both playoff games; without Ice-Jax bailing us out, we would not have gotten to the playoff, much less won it.

I'm not sure about a first round pick for him because there is a ridiculously deep quarterback class this spring with about fifteen guys who could be first round picks, but we'll certainly follow his progress. I've got an update coming soon regarding how some of our already drafted guys have done and how Diaco's first season in London went.

Nevertheless, along with the other redshirt seniors in particular, I'm extremely sad to see Ice-Jax go. I remember recruiting him a long time ago, and to see how he went from second string in his own recruiting class to national title winning beast has been extremely rewarding and fun. He was able to top some of Orlovsky's records that I wasn't sure would ever be broken, at least in this dynasty, so I think he has a case to be the best or second best quarterback in school history. The kid who is going replace him, Jordan Brown, might turn out better than he did skills wise but no one will ever match the drive to win and the clutch performances, that's for sure.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 01-17-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #1496
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Joining the chorus of congratulations on the national title. They played great run defense, forcing you to the air a bit, and you made just enough big plays. Love the story lines you put together here, and interesting to see what will happen with Hoodie Jr. (do they have a hoodie in this game, I think so!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »