Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #249
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

NCAA Players of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Damn. Thought you guys really had a shot at taking the AAC East crown. It'd be strange if Temple won it at 6-6. They're doing terrible in my dynasty. At least you're still in line for a bowl berth. Probably the Beef 'O Brady's bowl, haha.

Also, I can't believe Tulane is 0-10. What the heck?!?
TBH, we should have. I have no clue why we have not been able to beat these average teams this season, makes no sense.

If Temple wants to play in a bowl or for the AAC title, they have to get through us next week. With The Rent rocking on senior day, it'll be a tough task. But who knows.

As for Tulane, wait till next year. Haha.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #250
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Looks like BG can crack the Top 25 with a win this week! Hopefully we're playing Toledo or Ohio.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #251
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

UConn Seniors -- We Say Thanks

RB Max DeLorenzo: Star running back has erupted onto the scene in the second half, with multiple games of 100+ yards. With a 100 yard game today, he will cross 1000 yards on the season.

WR Kamal Abrams: 5th year senior assumed a greater leadership role headed into camp and with that a starting gig. Though the numbers haven't been fantastic, he has had a great season and has mentored the younger players a lot.

TE Sean McQuillan: 2 year starter was a jack of all trades through his career, doing everything from catching passes to blocking, with roles changing any given week. Great talent, will be missed.

OT Dalton Gifford: Started games in each of last 3 seasons, great blocker. Opened a lot of holes for Max DeLorenzo, and his experience will be missed on the line.

OG Tyler Samra: Appeared in games each of his 4 seasons. Never spectacular, but always got the job done.

DE Kenton Adeyemi: Preseason All-American, emerged as the star of the defensive line in an unconventional way last year, being handed the job after Angelo Pruitt retired prior to 2014 season. Slowed a bit in 2015, but will be missed going forward.

DT Julian Campenni: First year starter really emerged this year, making some big plays in Coach Diaco's 3-4. Always works hard in game.

LB Jefferson Ashiru: Pre-season All-American, had a great year in 2014 but numbers dipped a bit. Regardless, a rock on the front 7 and was always willing to do anything on D.

LB Graham Stewart: Bednarik contender was all over the place in his 2 years in Storrs after transferring from Florida. You name it, he did it. Tackles, hard hits, sacks on 3rd and inches, forced fumbles, the list goes on. One of UConn's most decorated defenders in the past 30 years.

LB Marquise Vann: Flew under the radar his entire career because of guys like Lawrence Wilson, Stewart and Ashiru, but very consistent. He always did everything right in game. Great in coverage and sure handed tackler.

S Andrew Adams: Lettered in 4 years of play at UConn, shut down safety in the secondary. INT numbers have gone down, but that doesn't diminish his impact any less.

The University of Connecticut, its staff, faculty, alumni and fans than our seniors for their dedicated years of service to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Looks like BG can crack the Top 25 with a win this week! Hopefully we're playing Toledo or Ohio.
I can't remember who they are playing, but I think they won. Kiffin has done a phenomenal job this year, he'll be going back big time this offseason, for sure.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Had wrong Nate Smith. Fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #252
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Looks like you stole the Thanking the Seniors idea from me in my BG days.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #253
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Looks like you stole the Thanking the Seniors idea from me in my BG days.
If anything, I based this off jbrew's Senior Day analysis in his 'chise last week, so thanks to him for the inspiration.

Ours look a little different, at least from season 2. Sorry 'bout that.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #254
MVP

whughes's Arena

Man looks like Sean Price tore up your secondary last week. Better luck against Temple, let's send these seniors off with a big W on the last home game of their careers.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #255
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Going out in style

Defense dominates as Huskies shut out Owls on Senior Day

Maxy appears to get a ride from a Temple defender. Hey, whatever helps.

What a festive atmosphere. What a great defensive game. What an easy box score to fill out...

Regardless, Senior Day 2015 is exactly the type of game former defensive coordinator Bob Diaco wanted to see when he accepted the job in 2014.

Fact of the matter is, the seniors on this team had some great days in ensuring Temple would be denied in their quest to win their 6th game and the AAC East.

Start with Maxy. He had a career high 32 carries, and as a result 151 yards and a pair of scores. His 14 points outscored Temple, and he had clear lanes to run all day. With his day, he crossed 1000 yards on the season, and can pad his stats more in the bowl game. He has the potential to land in the season, or even career, record books.

Move to Jefferson Ashiru. The senior has been very quiet in 2015, but had a huge sack on P.J. Walker on the Owls' first drive, and it really sucked the wind out of their sails. Marquise Vann nailed Walker on Temple's second drive after a UConn field goal, and Obi Melifonwu made the INT. Though not a senior, it was nice to see him record (I believe) his first INT in this dynasty.

After DeLorenzo's first TD, Temple did another quick 3 and out. Cam Stapleton, who has had a breakout year with double digit sack numbers, got to Walker on first down, and Jhavon Williams ended the drive with a 3rd down INT.

DeLorenzo's second TD put UConn into cruise control, 17-0. But the defense continued to smother Walker. Walker did have a pair of 12 yard rushes, and got within the 35, but a long distance field goal was missed after Stapleton recorded a TFL to push them back.

After the half, UConn looked prime to put the game out of reach, as Bryant Shirreffs had the Huskies driving. DeLorenzo's 30 yard run set up UConn inside the 5. Unfortunately, he couldn't get it in, so Shirreffs had to go PA bootleg. And right there was Shahid Lovett, to make a miraculous diving INT.

But again, UConn was there to cause destruction. Enter Graham Stewart. The senior Butkus Award finalist always shows up at the right time. Did he ever.

Jamie Gilmore had a 1 yard run, and Khalif Herbin's 9 yard catch set up 3rd and short. Which Stewart said screw that and plowed through the line of scrimmage faster than Joey Chestnut can eat a hot dog. Stewart sacked Walker and ended a promising Temple drive. Wouldn't be the last time either.

UConn had a drive cut short by a Hershey Walton sack, and Temple still had a chance. Stapleton stopped Walker behind the line, but (sound alarm) enter another senior. This time it was safety Andrew Adams, who stepped up, picked off a long heave and brought it back to the Temple 32.

Into the 4th, Shirreffs hit Thomas Lucas to cap off the short drive with a score.

Thom Lucas is almost looking at the camera. Don't know why he's shy, but we'll get him next year, for sure.

Herbin started off Temple's next drive with a 13 yard catch, but (sound alarm again) senior end Kenton Adeyemi drilled Walker and forced yet another punt.

Temple, now late in the 4th, needed a score on their next drive to stay alive. Their defense was doing their part, they just needed something. Anything.

They didn't get it. Romond DeLoatch made a nice grab to advance 17 yards, but on the very next play Walker was caught scrambling by Stewart, who destroyed the junior QB and sent the ball flying. Vann recovered and spiraled Temple's chances. UConn turned over the ball their next drive, but still looked in good shape.

With one final chance, Temple converted a third down (first in 10 tries, took them nearly all game) and got to midfield when Walker loaded up long. Unfortunately, the throw was pathetic and went straight to Junior Joseph, who picked it off with ease and put the game on ice.

Truly the best performance of the year (save the best for last right?). Yes, Temple's offense was bad, but man was it refreshing to see the D play so perfect.

And it feels great to see the seniors step up on senior day. We're honored to see them get a win in their last game at The Rent, and hit a bowl game along the way.

Here's hoping we'll get something good. See you in 2016, Rent.

Seniors, god bless.

Junior Joseph recorded an INT (His first in dynasty, I think.)

Temple Owls at Connecticut Huskies
Nov 28, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Temple Owls (5-7, 5-4)00000
Connecticut Huskies (7-5, 5-4)3140724
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGTEMCONN
3:56(CONN) Puyol 37 FG03
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTEMCONN
4:39(CONN) DeLorenzo 5 rush (Puyol kick)010
1:48(CONN) DeLorenzo 1 rush (Puyol kick)017
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTEMCONN
6:57 (CONN) Shirreffs 2 pass Lucas (Puyol kick)024
Temple Owls
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P.J. Walker10-218604
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jamie Gilmore7162.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Khalif Herbin55110.20
Mike Meade3144.60
Romond DeLoatch22110.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Tavon Young8010
Boye Aromire8000
Tyler Matakevich6100
Connecticut Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Bryant Shirreffs10-2324212
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Max DeLorenzo321514.72
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Thomas Lucas35317.61
Kamal Abrams33612.00
Noel Thomas24020.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Graham Stewart10200
Junior Joseph4010
Kenton Adeyemi4300

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Man looks like Sean Price tore up your secondary last week. Better luck against Temple, let's send these seniors off with a big W on the last home game of their careers.
Man, tight ends have destroyed me at times this year.

Remember back to the Missouri game, Sean Culkin had I think 8 catches for over 100 yards. At least that guy was impossible to tackle, we were just generally letting Price get open, I hate that happening. We had a similar problem with Mike Meade on Temple today, he got open, but he just couldn't hang on to the ball.

--------------------------------

Note from the author: I am back in school tomorrow, thus my binge posting is complete for now.

I am really impressed to see myself finish off 2015 in a week essentially (my first post over break was the Navy game last Friday, Week 4 and now I'm right at the bowl game in dynasty. Need to catch up on here).

Anyway, I'm expecting to get slammed with work this week, so if anyone is behind, this week is a great chance to catch up on season 2, as I don't anticipate getting a lot up this week, and I know I won't be playing that bowl game until Friday night, at the earliest.

Again, thanks for following. I'm having a ton of fun doing this, I can't wait for season 3.

--------------------

Second note from the author:

I am going to be replacing a few of the generic coaches popping up this offseason with coaches from other past/current successful dynasties. Two will be Kaelyn Willingham (kswgrad2012, Tulane if he wishes) and Sam Freday of Bowling Green/NFL's Browns (Po1soNNN), as they are both followers, and it will be interesting to see their careers shape up in a different world.

whughes, if you see this and want a coach created from a dynasty of yours or something, notify me before we start season 3. Same applies for anyone else who may be following this. I'll gladly get your coach in as soon as I can in dynasty. No CAPS, but a close second, much more innovative I think.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #256
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Greatest idea ever. I don't want to replace Lane Kiffin though.

Also, keep in mind that Sam Freday IS NOT my real name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »