Home

Tomorrow is Promised to No One- A Madden 17 Story Line Dynasty

This is a discussion on Tomorrow is Promised to No One- A Madden 17 Story Line Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #17
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tomorrow is Promised to No One- A Madden 17 Story Line Dynasty

photo ht_twitter_logo_jef_120321_wblog_zpss27etnav.jpg

Prank Me Not

Fake iPhone Text Generator iOS

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 04-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #18
Master of Disguise

photo NFL-Shield_zpssaf1nmhb.jpg

Around the League
Off Season Edition

photo Breaking news_zpsqpkpkzdt.jpg

Free Agency

photo Kirk Cousins_zpss9grswwk.jpg
Will former Redskins QB Kirk Cousins find any interest on the open market?

Associated Press- Its almost that time! The free agency period begins in the next few days and we will get to see the beginnings of every GM and head coaches master plan for the season. For some teams, they will attempt to bring in that one big name player in the hopes of catapulting their team to the next level while others will try and get the more under the radar type of players to upgrade and fill holes for minimum cost. Let's take a look at the top three players available at every position:

Quarterbacks
Kirk Cousins 89
Ryan Tannehill 82
Matt Barkley 80

Running Backs
Legarrette Blount 87
Latavius Murray 84
Deangelo Williams 83

Full Backs
James Develin 81
Darrel Young 80
Will Johnson 78

Wide Receivers
Brandon LaFell 88
Kenny Britt 87
Pierre Garcon 87

Tight Ends
Vernon Davis 90
Jordan Cameron 86
Jermaine Gresham 83

Tackles
Alejandro Villanueva 83
Matt Kalil 82
Eugene Monroe 82

Guards
Kevin Zeitler 85
Mackenzy Bernadeau 82
Geoff Schwartz 80

Centers
A.Q Shipley 78
Samson Satele 77
John Sullivan 77

Left Defensive End
Charles Johnson 87
Jabaal Sheard 85
Kerry Hyder Jr 83

Defensive Tackles
Akeem Spence 84
Brandon Mebane 83
Terrance Knighton 83

Right Defensive End
Chris Long 89
Karl Klug 85
Greg Hardy 85

Left Outside Linebackers
Justin Durant 78
Karlos Dansby 77
John Simon 77

Middle Linebackers
Laurence Timmons 84
Gerald Hodges Jr 81
Ramik Wilson 79

Right Outside Linebackers
P.J Dawson 81
Chandler Jones 81
Keenan Robinson 81

Cornerbacks
A.J Bouye 86
Morris Claibourne 82
Captain Munnerlyn 81

Free Safeties
D.J Swearinger 85
Reggie Nelson 83
Louis Delmas 79

Strong Safeties
Barry Church 87
J.J Wilcox 83
Will Hill III 82

Kickers
Ryan Succop 77
Nick Folk 77
Stephen Gostkowski 77

Punters
Brandon Fields 76
Ryan Quigley 69
Robert Malone 64

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 04-21-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #19
Rookie

ayyitskev's Arena

Been waiting for a good M17 dynasty for awhile. Following!

twitch:
twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter: @simworld4k

[ Heat, Dolphins, Marlins, Panthers, FAU ]

[ PSN: ayyyitskev ]
Old 04-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #20
Master of Disguise

I apologize for the slow output. I tend to be super detail oriented with all my madden franchises whether offline or online. Plus my job keeps me busy. Things should start to speed up though when I get to the draft.

Random side note. Does Madden 17 on the Xbox 1 have the ability to sign other teams restricted free agents? I remember that there used to be a madden that did that. I used to sign tight end Bo Scaife from the Titans all the time for like a 6th round pick.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:25 PM   #21
Master of Disguise

photo Browns_zpsyiwxfznp.jpg

Off Season Review
Browns Need to Make a Big Splash in Free Agency and the Draft

photo Cleveland woo_zpsofjs9ak1.jpg

Berea, OH- Stop me if you have heard this one before. The Cleveland Browns have hired a new head coach and GM with dreams of turning the franchise around and guiding the team to their 3rd winning season since 1999 and their first playoff win.

Give me a break.

GM Sashi Brown at his press conference a few days ago said that he and head coach James Ashford are "evaluating every player on the team and around the league" and "will make moves based on whats good for the team."

Browns fans deserve better.

If Brown and Coach Ashford really want us to jump onto their bandwagon they need to seriously upgrade the defense, bring in a competent quarterback and fortify that offensive line to protect the quarterback and open up holes for Isaiah Crowell.

"We have some really talented players on this roster." Coach Ashford said at the press conference. "We just need to put them in position to succeed."

That's right coach. They also need a better supporting cast. With the start of free agency beginning tomorrow, here are the priorities that we feel the coaching staff and the GM need to focus on:

Priority 1: Get a better secondary
Right now the Browns have veteran cornerback Joe Haden anchoring the secondary with no help. If Coach Ashford hopes to compete against a division that features the likes of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton, he needs more players who can cover and tackle well. They need to go after free agent A.J Bouye and get a solid prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Priority 2: Bring in a solid quarterback to lead the offense
A quarterback room featuring second year players Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan does not inspire a lot of confidence. The Browns have talent at the wide receiver position with Terrell Pryor, Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman but they need someone who can get them the ball. Going after a Kirk Cousins or Ryan Tannehill could be the spark they need or drafting a potential star in Auburn quarterback Riley McDonald in the first round.

Priority 3: Get more beef on the offensive line
Long time Cleveland Brown Joe Thomas and emerging star Joel Bitonio anchor the left side of the offensive line. The rest of the line however leaves a lot to be desired. Center Cameron Erving has struggled up to this point and gets pushed around easily. Veteran John Greco is average at the right guard position and there is currently no right tackle on the team. The Browns could take a flier on former Steeler Alejandro Villanueva but with little talent in free agency, they should focus on the NFL Draft. USC's Arsenio Baldwin, Michigan State's Brady Hart and Alabama's Shawn Bryan could all be possible picks in the 1st or 2nd round.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #22
Master of Disguise

photo 508552962_zpsiei0rdo8.jpg

Chapter Two

James Ashford was sitting in a rocking chair on his back porch slowly sipping his hot coffee. A newspaper laid untouched next to him. He watched as tiny beams of light slowly made their way across the backyard as the sun continued to rise in the east. Fifty yards away, the shoreline was being softly kissed by the waters of Lake Erie. It was a beautiful morning.

The glass door behind him slid open and Erin stepped out with her own cup of coffee. Her brunette hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail. A few strands had worked themselves loose and were waving in the light breeze. She took a deep breath and then sat down in a chair next to James.

“You found the coffee pot finally.” She said with a soft laugh.

“I did.” He said grabbing her hand and pulling it to his lips. “You’ll never guess where.”

She caressed his face and then pulled her hand away to take a sip of her hot drink. “I am guessing Scarlett had something to do with it?”

He chuckled. “Yep. Found it stashed in her closet with her dolls. Guess she was trying to help unpack and Barbie got thirsty.”

Erin shook her head amusingly and stared out over the water. The sun was higher in the sky now and the light was causing the water to sparkle.

“I have to admit.” She said as she absentmindedly brushed a piece of hair out of her face. “When you first said you wanted to accept the Cleveland job I was… hesitant.”

“Hesitant?” James said with a smirk on his face. “You downright refused to come with me at first.”

“I would have come no matter what.” She said quietly stirring her coffee. “But I’ve only lived in Georgia, Oklahoma and Tennessee my entire life. The only time I’ve been up north was when I went to Pittsburgh for a conference and you know how awful that trip was.”

He nodded as she shuddered thinking about that memory.

“So when you took this job, I had an image of steel factories, no fresh air or green anywhere, and a city filled with miserable people.”

“Like Pittsburgh?”

“Yeah.” She said as she gestured with her hand. “But it’s actually quiet beautiful here.”

He chuckled. “Tell people what you think of Pittsburgh and you will be beloved here in no time.”

Erin gave a small smile and then grabbed his hand. “They will love you too. They just need time. This city is like a puppy that has been abandoned by numerous owners.”

James squeezed her hand. “I hope your right. I hope I get enough time and patience to succeed.”

“Well I have no doubt the fans will embrace you and give you that time once they see that you don’t want to go anywhere.” She said. “The Browns leadership however…”

“Yeah.” He said as his cell phone started beeping. He took it out of his pocket and made a face when he saw who texted him. “Speaking of the devils.”

“Remember, this is your team.” She said as he stood up. “They need you more then you need them.”

James smiled and bent down to kiss the top of her head. “I should have you march in there and take charge for me.”

“You know I will.”

“He laughed and went inside the house to change his clothes.

Thirty minutes later he pulled into the parking lot of the Cleveland Browns facility. He got out and started walking towards the huge white stone building that housed the offices, weight rooms, classrooms and various other rooms. As he did the first time he ever arrived in Berea, Ohio, he shook his head in awe. Being a professional football coach was so much bigger than a college coach.

He made his way through the building looking for the office that summoned him. The facility was quiet since it was still early. Finally he reached the door he was looking for and knocked.

“Come in.” A man’s voice said.

He opened the door and walked in. Typing furiously on his computer was a slender dark skinned man, his brow furrowed in concentration.

“Ah James!” He said getting to shake his hand. “Morning.”

“Morning Sashi.” James said taking a seat in front of his desk. “What can I do for you?”

“I apologize for calling you in so early on a Sunday.” Sashi Brown said as he arranged some papers on his desk. “There are just some housekeeping things I’d like to do before we head to Indianapolis for the Combine.”

“Sure sure.”

“So as you know, Cordarelle Patterson and Marquess Wilson will be signing with us.”

“Yep. Should make for a decent wide receiving corps especially with Josh Gordon coming back.” James said.

“Mmm.” Sashi said sitting back in his chair. “That’s actually what I want to talk to you about.”

“What? Is it Josh? Did he get in trouble again?”

“No.” He said clearing his throat. “But let’s face it. He probably will at some point.”

James shifted in his seat. He could start to see what was coming. “I don’t think he will. I had a good conversation with him. I think he is set on having a good career and he wants to be a role model.”

“Well that’s good.” Sashi said not really caring at all. “But Mr. Haslam and I feel that he should get that chance elsewhere. We want to trade him.”

“I don’t think that is a good idea. He is a game changer whenever he is on the field.”

“When he can stay away from pot, which frankly I am not confident he can.”

“But—“ James protested.

“I didn’t bring you in here to debate whether or not we should trade him.”Sashi interrupted. “I just wanted to inform you of our plans and for you to let Josh know.”

There was a tense silence.

“So you made a decision that will change a man’s life and change the direction of this team without me and now you’re asking me to break the news to him?” James said quietly.

“Yes.”

“I didn’t sign up for this. My contract stated that I will have input in player personnel decisions.”

“No “said Sashi typing on his computer again. “It said you will have some input.”

“I am going to talk to Mr.Haslam about this.”

“Feel free.” Sashi said waving his hand to dismiss him.

James got up quickly and headed for the door.

“Make sure you tell Gordon and are at the airport by 10:30.” Sashi said as James walked out. “We leave for Indianapolis at 11.”

He headed to his office, seething at Sashi’s arrogance and filled with guilt and anxiety about how he was going to break the news to Josh.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #23
Master of Disguise

photo ht_twitter_logo_jef_120321_wblog_zpss27etnav.jpg

Prank Me Not

Old 04-30-2017, 01:10 AM   #24
Master of Disguise

photo NFL-Shield_zpssaf1nmhb.jpg

Around the League
Off Season Edition

Free Agency Recap

photo RedskinsFA_zpsosa9rxbs.jpg
The Washington Redskins were big spenders in free agency.

Associated Press- Every year there are some teams who throw a lot of money on big name players in free agency in the hopes that these players can make a positive impact. This year the big spenders were the Washington Redskins. They not only brought back quarterback Kirk Cousins on a monster deal, they reeled in wide receiver Kenny Britt and cornerback A.J Bouye. Altogether the Redskins spent 329.51 million dollars on free agency contracts. Time will only tell if this was money well spent or a very expensive disaster. Here is a look at some of the interesting signings this season:

Bears sign Quarterback Brock Osweiler to 1 year, 1.71m

Bengals sign Defensive End Chris Long to 5 year, 36.8m

Bills sign Running Back Legarrette Blount to 3 year, 15.3m

Buccaneers sign Defensive End Jabaal Sheard to 4 year, 33.4m

Cardinals sign Defensive End Kerry Hyder Jr to 4 year, 31.9m

Chargers sign Kicker Nick Folk to 2 year, 4.18m

Chiefs sign Quarterback Jay Cutler to 1 year, 2.04m

Chiefs sign Strong Safety Barry Church to 4 year, 22.3m

Cowboys sign Outside Linebacker Christian Jones to 5 year, 29.3m

Dolphins sign Quarterback Blaine Gabbert to 1 year, 2.04m

Dolphins sign Defensive End Greg Hardy to 4 year, 23.9m

Giants sign Quarterback Mike Glennon to 2 year, 5.4m

Jaguars sign Cornerback Morris Claiborne to 4 year, 31.8m

Jaguars sign Wide Receiver Vincent Jackson to 2 year, 13.9m

Jaguars sign Tackle Alejandro Villanueva to 4 year, 27.7m

Lions sign Tight End Jordan Cameron to 4 year, 17.3m

Packers sign Defensive Tackle Haloti Ngata to 1 year, 3.23m

Rams sign Defensive End Charles Johnson to 3 year, 25m

Rams sign Outside Linebacker Chandler Jones to 4 year, 27.4m

Rams sign Wide Receiver Stevie Johnson to 3 year, 5.97m

Rams sign Tackle Matt Kalil to 4 year, 25.8m

Redskins sign Wide Receiver Kenny Britt to 4 year, 39.6m

Redskins sign Free Safety D.J Swearinger to 5 year, 54.3m

Redskins sign Defensive Tackle Johnathan Hankins to 4 year, 20.4m

Redskins sign Quarterback Kirk Cousins to 4 year, 96m

Redskins sign Cornerback A.J Bouye to 5 year, 79.5m

Steelers sign Tight End Vernon Davis to 2 year, 7.2m

Texans sign Quarterback Ryan Tannehill to 3 year, 14.4m

Texans sign Cornerback Trumaine Johnson to 4 year, 25.7m

Titans sign running back Deangelo Williams to 1 year, 1.67m

NFL Draft Preview

photo NFL Draft_zpsbjpn5nkd.jpg
Whose dreams will come true at this years NFL Draft in Philadelphia?

Associated Press- The NFL Draft is a yearly tradition where young college players hope to continue their careers at the professional level. For some franchises, this is where the off season truly begins. Months of scouting, interviews and watching game film will all come to a head on the last weekend of April. Here are some of the headlines we are keeping an eye on as well as a mock draft of how we think the draft will go:

Weight and See?
Texas LE Cedric Hughes showed up to the combine overweight. His draft status is in limbo.

Changing Minds
At Oklahoma’s Pro Day, running back Khari Russell did all he could to change scouts opinion of him. It seemed to work in his favor.

Nap Time?
Coaches called Nebraska running back Will Francois’s Pro Day a few drills short as the rookie was clearly exhausted.

Withheld From Workouts
USC MLB Mike Hardin was held back from drills at the Combine after he failed medical examinations.

Combine Report: QB Class
Beyond misfiring on a few passes, Miami QB Cade Robinson had an average day at the Combine.

Butterfingers
Alabama WR Jackson Ferguson dropped most of the passes thrown his way at the Combine.

Mock Draft: Round One

Chicago Bears
Left Tackle-Arsenio Baldwin-USC (Big Mauler)

Cleveland Browns
Defensive End-O.C Hairston-Pittsburgh (Balanced 4-3)

Denver Broncos
Quarterback-Riley McDonald-Auburn (Strong Arm) (Red Zone Threat)

Los Angeles Rams
Wide Receiver-Audre Russ-Wisconsin (Red Zone Threat)

San Francisco 49ers
Outside Linebacker-Casey Austin-Texas A&M (3-4 Pass Rusher)

Houston Texans
Tackle-Brady Hart-Michigan State (Pass Blocker)

Detroit Lions
Wide Receiver-Tramon Hicks-LSU (Red Zone Threat)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Wide Receiver-Ricardo Samuels-Auburn (Red Zone Threat)

Cincinnati Bengals
Defensive End-Tercel Glears-Wisconsin (Balanced 4-3)

Tennessee Titans
Outside Linebacker-Michaelee Darman-Wisconsin (Cover 2)

Indianapolis Colts
Defensive End-Rashaun Ware-Tennessee (3-4 Versatile)

New York Giants
Outside Linebacker-Patreon Briggs-Tennessee (3-4 Pass Rusher)

Pittsburgh Steelers
Outside Linebacker-Rashad Belton-USC (3-4 Pass Rusher)

Oakland Raiders
Tackle-Shawn Bryan-Alabama (Big Mauler)

Washington Redskins
Defensive End-John Payne-Texas (Balanced 4-3)

Miami Dolphins
Defensive Tackle-Jarrett King-Florida State (Balanced)

New York Jets
Outside Linebacker-Roland Curry-Wisconsin (Prototype)

Seattle Seahawks
Cornerback-Chioke Peters-Oklahoma (Prototype)

Minnesota Vikings
Quarterback-Theodore Stills-Wisconsin (West Coast)

Green Bay Packers
Cornerback-Jamon Barksdale-Ohio State (Prototype)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Wide Receiver-Latevin Collins-Texas A&M (Red Zone Threat)

Buffalo Bills
Defensive Tackle-DeSean Samuels-LSU (Balanced)

Baltimore Ravens
Tight End-Domonic Corbett-Oklahoma (Blocking)

Dallas Cowboys
Middle Linebacker-T.J Sam-Oklahoma (Cover 2)

Carolina Panthers
Wide Receiver-Tyler Boyce-Miami (Route Runner)

Kansas City Chiefs
Quarterback-Ryan Patrick-Ohio State (Strong Arm)

Arizona Cardinals
Defensive Tackle-Jamal Jones-Michigan State (Balanced)

San Diego Chargers
Outside Linebacker-Parker Dawkins-Texas (3-4 Pass Rusher)

Philadelphia Eagles
Tight End-Jackson Hunter-Miami (Vertical Threat)

New Orleans Saints
Running Back-Will Francois-Nebraska (Power Back)

Atlanta Falcons
Outside Linebacker-Connor Walter-Pittsburgh (Balanced)

New England Patriots
Outside Linebacker-Reed Carr-Georgia (Prototype)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »