Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #1305
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

the player database is larger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #1306
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
OK dumb question time before I start a save. What are the advantages/disadvantages to selecting multiple leagues. I can only see myself wanting manage in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. Should I just select these 4? Will I not see the tables, stats, etc for the other leagues.
I always liked having multiple leagues because you have a larger pool of players and staff to scout. However, instead of loading leagues, you can use a custom database and load all players from whichever continent and nation.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #1307
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
OK dumb question time before I start a save. What are the advantages/disadvantages to selecting multiple leagues. I can only see myself wanting manage in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. Should I just select these 4? Will I not see the tables, stats, etc for the other leagues.

In short, the player Db is larger with the more leagues you load.

Less leagues equals faster processing times for your PC, but if you have a decent machine you can run a bunch without noticeable slowdown/wait times.

My suggestion would be to load only the leagues you'd ever possibly want to manage in as playable, then load a bunch more as "view only", this way you get all the players, stats, tables etc without as much slowdown (at least I assume it works this way).

Another choice if you want a ton of players is to load a custom setup, where you can individually select to load all players from a country, region, continent or all international players or all first division players.....the choices are really endless.

If in doubt just do what I did, load more! It makes for a better game IMO.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #1308
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

About to start my run of games against Real Madrid....keeping my fingers crossed that we can win them both and advance in the Copa del Rey as well as having a 12 point over them in La Liga
Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #1309

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

2010/11 (year 2) finished:

Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #1310
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

Firstly, I'd like to say that I've expressed no interest in signing Beckham. Where this "email" came from, I don't know. The real issue with this is not whether or not I wanted to sign him or not; the issue is why do Napoli supporters hate the Los Angeles Galaxy? Is there some weird rivalry between the two clubs I'm unaware of? They don't show up as our rivals in the information screen (even though half of Italy appears to).

Untitled.png

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #1311
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

Could it be that Beckham played for Milan that you got that e-mail. It is weird though....

Nice work Bruins I too have some good news. 1 for 1 against Madrid in my mini-series of 2 games. I took them out of the Copa del Rey with a solid 2-0 win at home thanks to a solid game from Iniesta

My next match is at the Bernebeu against Madrid. I really need to rest Messi, but because Henry got hurt in the last game, I have to get him through the next match before I give him a rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #1312
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
In short, the player Db is larger with the more leagues you load.

Less leagues equals faster processing times for your PC, but if you have a decent machine you can run a bunch without noticeable slowdown/wait times.

My suggestion would be to load only the leagues you'd ever possibly want to manage in as playable, then load a bunch more as "view only", this way you get all the players, stats, tables etc without as much slowdown (at least I assume it works this way).

Another choice if you want a ton of players is to load a custom setup, where you can individually select to load all players from a country, region, continent or all international players or all first division players.....the choices are really endless.

If in doubt just do what I did, load more! It makes for a better game IMO.
So can you not buy any players from leagues you don't select? Can you buy players from leagues that are "view only"

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »