Home

Jack's Record Is Safe

This is a discussion on Jack's Record Is Safe within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Honestly, who gives a damn how you feel about someone. You message board jockeys kill me with this stuff.
Well, I don't think that was the part to isolate. It was a well thought out post. I did want to contend on one area though.

Tiger's mental game and attitude of course looked more mature in his 20's than his late 30's - I mean, yeah, he was 10 years younger then, and let's not forget he also had a TEAM of mental pros, including his drill sergeant of a father.

The problem is he's using the same one mental game from his early 20's and trying to apply it to his late 30's; that's not going to work. He's changed too much within his life to match that old mental game. The problem is, Tiger is very much alone. Most superstars are. He is alone with his thoughts, and alone in his success. He detaches himself from the top golf instructors and detaches himself from his playing partners (even if he does look to enjoy their company) and he is trying to fool everyone in thinking he is okay. He's not. Tiger is suffering from something deeper, and the only way he's going to get back to form is 1. back to the old natural swing (being accomplished) 2. Enhancing his mental game - throwing in what worked in the past and seeing if it matches up to the now; and finally 3. Stop lifting and start stretching - DDP Yoga or something, he needs it bad.

Let's remember that Tiger has always had a team that supported him, and through it all, the man that stood alone with him...was his dad. This is a man that just misses his father, and he's at the ultimate low right now. He needs more supporters that aren't out for personal gain - a.k.a. his fans and less critics that can't see the superstar golfer for who he really is, a struggling near middle aged man, that misses his dad, and is re-evaluating his entire life.

People need to stop assuming what's wrong with Tiger, and stop analyzing and psycho-analyzing, all they need to do, is give him their support - be it a tiny "message board jockey" or Jack Nicklaus himself, that's all.

You have nothing to gain by not liking him, but so much to experience positively by possibly bearing witness to one of the most amazing comebacks in not only golf history, but sports history - that alone should be enough to lower anyone's pride. Just sit back, and watch.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Honestly, who gives a damn how you feel about someone. You message board jockeys kill me with this stuff.
Behave or I'm gonna tell your parents to take away your PS4.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
I believe a lot of these long hitters..Rory..Bubba..are going to have back issues. The game rewards the long hitters not so much the precision golfers of yesteryear. These courses are setup that way. It creates more viewers. You will not see another Tiger for along time which really puts Nicklaus so far ahead. And let's not forget back in Nicklaus time they were not counting how many majors you won as compared to now. I think if you had the media and the money behind the amount of majors you won Jack would have probably got more.
And lets not forget how many times Jack finished 2nd in major tourneys. It was some insane amount like 10 times. If the ball bounced a different way on a few holes he could have have easily had 20+ majors. Tiger won 14 majors but was never a serious factor in any others and only finished 2nd once when he lost that 2 shot lead to Y.E. Yang in the PGA championship.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Tiger's mental game and attitude of course looked more mature in his 20's than his late 30's - I mean, yeah, he was 10 years younger then, and let's not forget he also had a TEAM of mental pros, including his drill sergeant of a father.

His father died a long time ago and he has won alot of majors since his death. And Tiger has said on several occasions his mother is the one who instilled the competitive toughness and discipline in him and his dad was not nearly as tough. If his mental outlook has suffered due to his messy personal life, that was a result of his own doing.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
His father died a long time ago and he has won alot of majors since his death. And Tiger has said on several occasions his mother is the one who instilled the competitive toughness and discipline in him and his dad was not nearly as tough. If his mental outlook has suffered due to his messy personal life, that was a result of his own doing.
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. He's using the same mental defenses that he used when he was in his 20's and trying to apply it to his late 30's. It's basically canceled out now and he needs to go a different route.

Don't you see I'm agreeing with you? Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #22
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5

He'll win all 4 majors this year and tie him
Old 02-17-2015, 03:54 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
find him to be a petulant and childish player who is becoming more abrasive as he ages when he should be mellowing.
The mini tantrums he throws after any bad shot is getting tiresome. Almost as tiresome as the excuses people use for his behavoir, saying it's due to his intensity which implies every other player on the tour lacks the same intensity because they don't act like a 3 year old out there.
I couldn't agree more with this. He is really a terrible role model for young golfers. He should take a look at young up and comers like Jordan Speith who compose himself well on the course.

Oh and I think Rory will be a good chance to challenge Jack's record.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
I couldn't agree more with this. He is really a terrible role model for young golfers. He should take a look at young up and comers like Jordan Speith who compose himself well on the course.

Oh and I think Rory will be a good chance to challenge Jack's record.
Some people handle themselves differently and in different situations. I never understood why people wanted everyone to react the exact same way. Tiger was a big influence to me as a youth, and I'm very level headed on the course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »