Home

The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Theme

This is a discussion on The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Theme within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
not so much in shot shaping, although the default shot path makes it cake along with the landing spot. I'm speaking more to the RPG aspect where you can take a player and up his stats with skill xp, clubs and balls to the point where a designed course hazard is completely out of the picture. meaning if I design my course with a hazard at 300 meters, it will be in play for nearly everyone barring high winds at your back. that isn't the case for EA PGA as out of the box, I have mid-flight spin control, can up my stats and clubs to the point where my 5W can fly a 300 meter hazard.(or something close to that example)

"out of the box" EA PGA is nearly as arcade as golden tee, I will need to crank up the difficulty but that doesn't change the fact that the RPG aspect makes these 12 courses a little bit meh as they are more for "looks and 'hey I'm playing Bayhill!'" rather than actually trying to beat the course.

anyways, this has gotten a bit off topic.
Disagree with the "out of the box arcade" comment completely. Spending one or two minutes can provide a great challenge in Tour Custom, something you CAN'T do in TGC.

Agree need to get back on topic....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #34
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Th

Just picked up this game for XB1 yesterday. After playing one round, I purchased the Collectors Edition upgrade. Game just feels great. Now I just need to get better.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

Last edited by sbauer318; 07-10-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #35
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Hey Anthony! Great work on the game in general; I have a spent a ridiculous amount of my life course - creating and playing on TGC.

As an avid creator, might we get some more buildings in a future update, specifically houses? Which kind of leads into.....

An urban theme? One with a city backdrop (along the lines of the NYC course) and then with some houses to the "Buildings" tab, could build a course to wind through. Perhaps also some tall poles w/nets could be added to "walls/fences" tool for driving ranges and residential courses?

Separately, I played a version of Chambers Bay the other day called University Place that had railroad tracks...how was that done?

Finally to return to topic, I love the new update and am looking forward to working on a Highland course. I also very much appreciate the distance/measuring tool you added! I love the rock slider too; makes course cleanup go much faster.

Many thanks, sir

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 07-11-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi mate, Yeah I've been talking about a cityscape for a while. Jim our lead artist has a few things on his list at the moment but I'm trying to persuade him to push it up a little :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #37
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Hi mate, Yeah I've been talking about a cityscape for a while. Jim our lead artist has a few things on his list at the moment but I'm trying to persuade him to push it up a little :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick reply, Anthony; I wasn't expecting a response over the weekend Take some rest!

I appreciate your answer and that we have been thinking along the same lines on the cityscape/urban theme.

Thanks again.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #38
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Can you still not create yourself or a golfer in general? Or did they add that at some point?
Old 07-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Can you still not create yourself or a golfer in general? Or did they add that at some point?
Nope. Same limited customization options since Day One.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-12-2015, 10:46 AM   #40
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Holy hell. I tried to play with drive difficultly on hardest, and I hit 3 fairways in 10 holes lol. Dropped down to hard and still struggled. Great addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »