Home

The Golf Club 2 Patch #1 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Patch #1 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Golf Club 2 Patch #1 Available For PC & PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

It just shows the score for the round you're in right? I mean it does seem to spoil that round (or give you something to shoot for) but it doesn't spoil the whole tournament unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The Golf Club 2 Patch #1 Available For PC & PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

It certainly spoils that round, especially since I am playing with a couple of ghosts in the 3rd round and I get to see what they shoot for the round between holes.

From what I recall in TGC1 the scores for other players in the tourney would be revealed as if they were playing simultaneously on the course. For the final round it spoils the tournament - they show the winning score of the tournament right after you finish the first hole. I just remember TGC1 handled this properly so I'm hopeful a fix is in the works. Wish Anthony from HB was around to confirm.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #11
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Come on MS... certify the thing already!!

I agree, they always seem to lag behind, and sometimes badly. I think it's a big miss too, since Sony is killing Microsoft in sales. I would think little improvements on things like this couldn't hurt getting back some sales.

I have both systems, so not a fanboy of either, but do like Xbox multiplayer menus better. And most of my fiends play more Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

I forgot to ask...I've posted on their Twitter account multiple times with questions, but they never seem to show up. Anyone else have this happen? My latest question wasn't anything bad either, just asking if they're going to fix the issue with drops not being along ball flight path.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

PS4/newer controller. First two rounds, post-patch, I shot lights out. Thought they had made Tour Clubs too easy. Since then, I've struggle mightily to keep the swing inside the cone. Hooks, slices, and a lot more slow downswings than pre-patch. I've even resorted to occasionally hitting 3wd off the tee due to the driver being so erratic. I can't even hit a low iron straight. Everything either has a draw or fade to it. Best I can do is try and keep it inside the cone.

Trying to make Tour clubs work, but I don't know. I take practice swings. Sometimes it feels like it helps, other times it feels like it's just a waste of time. Feels like what's a good swing on one shot/hole isn't on the next. Between the swing issues and the less than appealing societies nonsense - personal opinion; prefer the old way of looking up and accessing tourny's/events - my enthusiasm for this game is diminishing.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Are you sure about this last part?

I've always interpreted it as that player has already finished that round since I have seen users on the leaderboard mid round that are also progressing through their round as I am.
The leaderboard does show the final score for the current round on the leaderboard of all players who've completed their rounds. It's a spoiler that wasn't present in TGC 1, which would allow the scores to unfold, hole-by-hole for all the players in the current round. Some of them might be 6 holes ahead of you and some six holes behind you, but they would be spaced out and it added a "live" feel to the round, even though most of the players had already played.

They give you the option of hiding the opponent's scores when selecting ghost rounds in TGC 2, but when you pick a ghost round from your Society with whom to play, their score will be hidden until you finish the first hole, whereupon you'll see their final 18 hole score for the current round... mystery removed The only partial scores you'll see in round are of those who are actually playing their rounds concurrently in real time, or they've quit/suspended their round after whatever hole is showing beside their score.

HBS did a great job of giving the tournaments a live feel with the way it allowed you to hide leaderboard spoiler information. I'm hoping they'll eventually patch TGC 2 to restore that magic!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Xbox One 1.02 Update is available.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 0

Ok. Something has changed. I joined a TGC Official Society and am playing the Topaz Lagoon Open. My swing is much improved. So much so, I had to check and make sure I wasn't using Player clubs. I'm hitting straight, without taking practice swings, and the only issue I'm experiencing now is occasional slow/fast downswings. ???

Placebo? Can it have anything to do with the Xbox patch being released (I'm on ps4)? Any chance the society somehow plays a part (tgc official)? Note: I'm using wireless connection too.

Just darn weird.

Last edited by Grey_Osprey; 07-21-2017 at 04:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »