Home

Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting)

This is a discussion on Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Story dynasties are finished now (Read before posting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
From the regular people I expected it from.

What's funny is the immediate response I got on Meebo and PM from most was a resounding thank you to people that will finally come back to this forum to post their dynasties.
That's because the majority of people who actually spend most of their time in this section of the forum obviously don't talk to you often on Meebo or in PMs, because you don't give them the time of day. The majority of dynasties started in this forum by people who don't spend much time here(there are exceptions, like theaub) only respond to comments from their friends in other forums and completely ignore the people who come on Hockey Dynasties day in and day out to post and read and comment.

Now, I'm not saying that a lot of the general off-topic chat isn't uncalled for, and I try and do my best to stay out of it. However, that doesn't mean that the people who post in here are less worthy of respect than you or your buddies from the other forums get.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan30
There is always that one person that ruins it for everyone else

life sucks, and then you die
Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan30
There is always that one person that ruins it for everyone else
After reading the problem thread, there were like 4 or 5 people that ruined it. They know who they are.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #20
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Guys. You need to stop with the "It's his fault" type of deal.

We, as a community in a community, had freedom. We could have the feedom to post like we did. We took it for granted and through OUR immauture acts, we lost it.

hockeyplaya didnt "lose it for us", I didn't lose it for us, Alex didn't, Shinder didnt.

WE as a group lost it.

I think we should take this as a lesson, groww up a bit and take the blame for US not for one person.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #21

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
That's because the majority of people who actually spend most of their time in this section of the forum obviously don't talk to you often on Meebo or in PMs, because you don't give them the time of day. The majority of dynasties started in this forum by people who don't spend much time here(there are exceptions, like theaub) only respond to comments from their friends in other forums and completely ignore the people who come on Hockey Dynasties day in and day out to post and read and comment.

Now, I'm not saying that a lot of the general off-topic chat isn't uncalled for, and I try and do my best to stay out of it. However, that doesn't mean that the people who post in here are less worthy of respect than you or your buddies from the other forums get.
So they do the dynasty thread for you? So if I made a Carolina Hurricanes thread, I would have to reply to you and derail the main purpose of a dynasty thread.

Dynasty threads are to keep people updated on how the progress of your team is doing, not asking people who are following you about their day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #22
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94

No, here is the issue:

You guys have a "clique" here. It is a vocal minority of users that have decided that you "own" the Hockey Dynasty forum. It pretty much pushed a lot of regular users away because they didn't want to sift through what "Johnny did on his day off". Hell, most of the story threads didn't even involve playing the game anymore, it was just who could write the best short story.

There are other websites out there, and I'm sure they would gladly accept you if any of you wishes to keep writing non-sports related dynasty content.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 16

Since your the boss Ill take your punishment

But I don't think you should punish those few people who havent abused there rights to write storys or spam there threads with useless nonsence. Im not taking shots at anyone, Especially shinderhizzle because he is on of my best friends here, I really enjoy alot of these BAPS here that have a great mix of on ice and off ice material, Example is bhurst99's BAP. I have a BAP of my own and have enjoyed writing and posting game and story updates and now that we are not allowed it shatters my hopes for my next project, Since im not very good at making dynastys I probley wont be doing anything now.

But please, Read my PM I sent you Millenium. IF you decline, Ill deal with it, But if you accept Ill be greatly appriechiative.

And one more question

Can you do story updates on a differnt website and link your followers to them?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

You can update anywhere you want and put a link in your signature. Do not create a dynasty and put post after post linking your updates to another site.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »