Home

Madden 16 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 16 what type of Classic Rosters will you be making?
1970's Specific Year Rosters 9 13.64%
1980's Specific Year Rosters 10 15.15%
1990's Specific Year Rosters 30 45.45%
All Time Team Rosters (Best Players in Franchise history on one Team) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Classic Rosters

I'm already a step or two ahead of you Playmaker!! I don't know if they are yours but I downloaded a file on my PS3 for Madden 25 featuring the 1990 season. I am porting over the roster as we speak. I have 8 teams done so far. Lots of work but should be worth it. Not sure if they are your rosters but if so...Great work. If not, thank you to whoever they belong to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 04:05 AM   #26
Rookie

OldBrownsFan's Arena

Hey guys.....here is an idea.........forget the legends idea and make some CLASSIC SEASONS.......like the 1970 season......first season of the NFL-AFL merger.......some great teams and a great season, I will help any way I can.....but it is a lot of work for one person. And, I know...people are gonna say ...but there were only 26 teams in the league that year.....so what?
Take the teams that were not in the league that year and leave the rosters at default, and just weaken them to be like expansion teams or whatever?
Anyone interested?
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #27
MVP

Go for it!!! Personally the 70's was my favorite time in the NFL. I'd love to see a roster for any season between 74-78. But 1970 would be great also. Agreed just make non existent teams minimally competive. Use current players and just decrease ratings or just give those teams current back up quality players. Others have used CFL players but to me that seems like too much work for non existent teams. If you make team a 2-6 win team they will not effect the overall results too much in a CFM.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:57 AM   #28
Rookie

OldBrownsFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Go for it!!! Personally the 70's was my favorite time in the NFL. I'd love to see a roster for any season between 74-78. But 1970 would be great also. Agreed just make non existent teams minimally competive. Use current players and just decrease ratings or just give those teams current back up quality players. Others have used CFL players but to me that seems like too much work for non existent teams. If you make team a 2-6 win team they will not effect the overall results too much in a CFM.
and I know back then the league was more about the run.......but if you wanna use them in franchise, you could always create a coach and assign a run heavy offense and use a 4-3 defense for all teams since the 3-4 was pretty non existent back then.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:02 AM   #29
Rookie

OldBrownsFan's Arena

my problem is I would need some help from some of the ratings gurus here.........I would not be so good at that.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

On Madden 15 and 25 I did: Cowboys, 49ers, bears, eagles, redskins, giants, and cincinatti. Just need to copy ratings and equipment from those versions of the game. anyone know if there is a search filter for modern nfl teams where we can sort by height and weight. would save loads of times when matching legends with their modern replacements?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow I'm really impressed with the amount of votes submitted in just 2 weeks

It just goes to show that there are tons of guys out there who still enjoy Classic rosters and those old school players and teams

Madden used to include those teams and we could simply just edit them our selves but I guess EA has decided with all the recent lawsuits and stuff that it's not worth the headache anymore to include them in future releases.

But I believe even without the EA version of these rosters as a community we could still rival that of what we would see on NBA 2K & All Pro Football forums when it comes to Classic rosters.

Madden just makes it a little more difficult but this years game has a ton of potential to bring these rosters to life than any previous Madden game before it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

I agree with Playmakers. Tons of folks like and use classic rosters. The rosters l8knight1 and I did last year got thousands of downloads and the thread got over 5000 views I think.

The problem is the EA editor. You can't really get the equipment done right for many of the players and teams back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. This may not matter to many, but to the OCD guys like myself and l8knight, it is frustrating. I hate seeing teams from the 60's and 70's without the single and 2 bar facemasks that they wore...among other equipment that might not be represented in the game.

Also, you can't edit current players for height, weight, and skin color. Since the CAP limit is way below what you would need to create all players from scratch, it is impossible to represent many of the classic players from the 60's, 70's and 80's correctly since today's guys are behemoths compared to the guys back in the day. I mean, the 66 Packers had linemen that topped out at about 6'3" or so and about 240-250 pounds.

It is a brutal task to put these teams together and I fully support anyone who takes it on. I just wish EA would open the editor for us to make things easier. And oh yeah...how about a yearly roster port EA so we don't have to do this every stinking year since 1990??!!??

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »